What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Bad news what I heard from an officer whom working On Milgem sad; tf2000 ni 5 sene den once kizakta gormeyiz dedi. Umarim yanilir.

There are not many alternatives for cooperation and to be fair I don't know the capacity of Turkish yards.

Spanish Government contracted the F-110 and Navantia ( LHD Anadolu Partner ) offers export models.
Maybe we could accelerate with foreign material packages as we offered Pakistan for Milgem.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/f-110.htm

f-110_Kopie.png

There are not many alternatives for cooperation and to be fair I don't know the capacity of Turkish yards.

Spanish Government contracted the F-110 and Navantia ( LHD Anadolu Partner ) offers export models.
Maybe we could accelerate with foreign material packages as we offered Pakistan for Milgem.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/f-110.htm

f-110_Kopie.png
That’s what he sad they r very busy, which is a good thnk. However I hope that he is wrong.

Bad news what I heard from an officer whom working On Milgem sad; tf2000 ni 5 sene den once kizakta gormeyiz dedi. Umarim yanilir.

Actually there’s nothing much to be surprised of.
Platform developments like the TF2000 or LHD are strategic projects that do not only incorporate different subsystems but also they require different sets of R&D phases that takes time as lengthy as the testing of the ship itself.

What differs TF2000 from other strategic projects of the navy is that unlike the LHD, direct procurement and foreign component integration must be at minimal level. There are different and reasonably fair excuses for this.

We dont even have a testbed for CAFRAD which is yet to start trials on the flight deck of a frigate this year.

We dont even have a completed design because the design of CAFRAD is not completed yet. We haven’t started to get the fruits of naval variants of ongoing and future SAM programs. Secondly, do we have enough naval yards that are able to accommodate such amount of naval projects at the same time? This complicated long timeline applies for TCG Anadolu as well. It’ll take at least 2 years until the ship is declared full operational capability.

Hello bro @Neptune , happy to see you back. STM is in Colombian Frigate Project in the shortlist.
STM is not a Yard. Assume they got the contract, who will build it ? There are running projects in the pipe of Turkish yards. Is capacity rapidly extendable ? I remember the German fiasco they delivered non standart and non contracted equipment and delayed the sub-project.

Actually there’s nothing much to be surprised of.
Platform developments like the TF2000 or LHD are strategic projects that do not only incorporate different subsystems but also they require different sets of R&D phases that takes time as lengthy as the testing of the ship itself.

What differs TF2000 from other strategic projects of the navy is that unlike the LHD, direct procurement and foreign component integration must be at minimal level. There are different and reasonably fair excuses for this.

We dont even have a testbed for CAFRAD which is yet to start trials on the flight deck of a frigate this year.

We dont even have a completed design because the design of CAFRAD is not completed yet. We haven’t started to get the fruits of naval variants of ongoing and future SAM programs. Secondly, do we have enough naval yards that are able to accommodate such amount of naval projects at the same time? This complicated long timeline applies for TCG Anadolu as well. It’ll take at least 2 years until the ship is declared full operational capability.
Where have you been,we missed you?
Check your pm in the future, ;)

Where have you been,we missed you?
Check your pm in the future, ;)

Thank you very much. Been busy so far. Hope you guys are fine, how's the forum nowadays.

Hello bro @Neptune , happy to see you back. STM is in Colombian Frigate Project in the shortlist.
STM is not a Yard. Assume they got the contract, who will build it ? There are running projects in the pipe of Turkish yards. Is capacity rapidly extendable ? I remember the German fiasco they delivered non standart and non contracted equipment and delayed the sub-project.

Hello. Capacity can be expanded but there are not 'that many' shipyards capable of building large hull naval vessels like Ada-class and greater designs neither they are certified by Ministry of National Defense or NATO STANAG. In STM's case circumstances may vary depending on the tender's specifications. I would be lying if I put a single word on the Colombian tender but if, let's assume, the Colombians want local production or a consortium of platforms and systems, it can change. STM might me a subcontractor or the main contractor. Mostly there are more than 3-4 companies involved when a vessel is selected.

The guys are waiting for you to say hi,the forum is the same as always.
Where is new version of MILGEM corvette which STM was going to show and offer to Colombian Market I think they defense exhibition is Colombia has begun so where is the ship ?

Turkish defence industry is not matured yet. Turks try to run before they can even toddle. A disaster ahead with such a clown president. Mother Russia played him like a fool.

Back
Top Bottom