What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Sorry but I can't see any VLS here

IMG_4706.JPG

Look to the behind of the front gun

Sorry but I can't see any VLS here

No offence but just a humble question. Why most of you guys are so obsessed with vertical launch systems in general like as if you would place a cell at each ship from fast attack crafts to aircraft carriers?

well, if I should make a guess I'd say it's either because VLS indicates AAW capability or a strike capability. And tbh it does sounds awesome and good to know if the vessels are capable of carrying either or both of those. :)

No offence but just a humble question. Why most of you guys are so obsessed with vertical launch systems in general like as if you would place a cell at each ship from fast attack crafts to aircraft carriers?
Because I want Pakistan to have capability of launching several cruise Missiles on Indian targets deep inside their land. Until we have that kind of capability from sea India won't be deterred and they would bring their entire Navy to block our sea routes

According to rumors there might be a follow on batch of two ships. But this is something time will tell.

According to rumors there might be a follow on batch of two ships. But this is something time will tell.
What are we preparing for? Battle in half way around the World in the 10 years? We should focus on more immediate vicinity first. That money should spend on somewhere more appropriate.

True, but as you probably know projection of power is important. And if RTE can point at problems outside our borders, and far away, people will ignore domestic problems like unemployment, inflation, account deficit and bask in RTE glory.

However I think the LST is useful even in our region.

What are we preparing for? Battle in half way around the World in the 10 years? We should focus on more immediate vicinity first. That money should spend on somewhere more appropriate.

Decision makers may disagree with you.
We also need to look at the situation of existing LST ships. Apart from the new type LST, the newest one is Osman Gazi and he is 20+ years old.
I do not even say Karamürselbey and Sarucabey ... They are 30+
That may say something...
And i'm even not talking about huge capacity and ability differences.

I think Milgem sale to Pakistan is certain. May be even more...

Pakistan Navy Commander Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi and his delegation visited Turkey on 10-14 December 2017.

During the visit, the Naval Chief called on Commander Turkish Fleet, Vice Admiral Ercument TATLIOGLU and Commander of Turkish Northern Sea Area, Rear Admiral (UH) Iskender YILDIRIM.

Back
Top Bottom