What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

We are turning to India and Egypt with this obsession.

i have mostly played strategy games on my computer, somewhat professionaly. The time you start to loose is when you say "i have enough resources, i have enough soldiers". Never say i have enough, always expend that is the number 1 rule. US recently decided to increase its defence spending from 600 billion to around 650 billion (according to Bernie Sanders i have just listened 680 billion). We need to adapt otherwise we will say "we should have done this and that" many times.

i have mostly played strategy games on my computer, somewhat professionaly. The time you start to loose is when you say "i have enough resources, i have enough soldiers". Never say i have enough, always expend that is the number 1 rule. US recently decided to increase its defence spending from 600 billion to around 650 billion (according to Bernie Sanders i have just listened 680 billion). We need to adapt otherwise we will say "we should have done this and that" many times.

Adapting doesn't mean buying or building stuff you don't need. LHD are mini-aircrafts which give you the option to deploy tanks and men on your own without any other ship needed. The F-35 is the best aircraft in the world at the moment and will be superior do anything our enemies can throw at us. And at the moment we are only a regional power meaning one or two LHD ala mini-aircrafts are enough for us. Once we surpass the bar to a world power and have more say in the world we can build aircraftcarriers.

A LHD equipped with 4-6 F35B's ,2 ANKA's and even 2 T-129 and 29 Altay MBT is enough to intimidate your regional adversaries. A second one would be nice and useful but not really necessary.

The money you would throw away for a AC can be used for other things which the military needs. New IFV's, APC's, ATGM's and air defence capablities.

Last edited:

Spending more and more gets you to bankruptcy. Plus we are spending more already, if you consider that we're lets say spending 10% of the budget on defence each year, considering that the economy grows, so does the budget and the budget for defence.

Adapting doesn't mean buying or building stuff you don't need. LHD are mini-aircrafts which give you the option to deploy tanks and men on your own without any other ship needed. The F-35 is the best aircraft in the world at the moment and will be superior do anything our enemies can throw at us. And at the moment we are only a regional power meaning one or two LHD ala mini-aircrafts are enough for us. Once we surpass the bar to a world power and have more say in the world we can build aircrafts.

A LHD equipped with 4-6 F35B's ,2 ANKA's and even 2 T-129 and 29 Altay MBT is enough to intimidate your regional adversaries. A second one would be nice and useful but not really necessary.

The money you would throw away for a AC can be used for other things which the military needs. New IFV's, APC's, ATGM's and air defence capablities.

You are right, i shouldnt say more about this. I did give US example because it means there will be more conflict globally in the future. According to things we learnt on Turkish Economy Thread having an AC will be affordable in the future for Turkey, it isnt even possible at present. Also i think i have proven we will have means to make a nuclear powered AC in the future at the thread that we discuss Turkey s nuclear capabilities. I just want us to be patient before getting another LHD and wait for a better opportunity which is an AC.

Of course there will be no ANKA on LHD. Maybe we can see some smaller scaled UAVs, with a mass less than 600kg.

Or we will have to build one big carrier with catapult system.

Of course there will be no ANKA on LHD. Maybe we can see some smaller scaled UAVs, with a mass less than 600kg.

Or we will have to build one big carrier with catapult system.

Launching them can be possible but recovery is another story. 600 kg needs to land properly. For smaller UAVs there is:

Net recovery, Arresting line, Skyhook, Windsock, Parasail (recovery) systems avaible. I have seen videos.

If you need more information than you should i suggest you this source:
Launch and recovery systems for unmanned vehicles onboard ships
http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:783979/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Where was some of these people when God was giving out brains I don't understand..

People defending aircraft carriers when we don't even have an air defence. Our air defence is 60 YEAR OLD short range hawk missiles and some people are saying let's get more lhd.

We still have m48 tanks!!!!! And old m60's!!

What's more important lhd or proper air defence???

Where was some of these people when God was giving out brains I don't understand..

People defending aircraft carriers when we don't even have an air defence. Our air defence is 60 YEAR OLD short range hawk missiles and some people are saying let's get more lhd.

We still have m48 tanks!!!!! And old m60's!!

What's more important lhd or proper air defence???
We can have both in the same time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom