What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Bro, Construction plan: Turkish Military shipyard produce the first warships of its classes, then transfer the know-how to a private one to build them serially in a short time. It was planned perfect but wasn't applied for Milgem corvette cause of some politic reasons but I class frigate and Tf-2000 will follow this roadway enabling to accelerate the construction roadway for domestic requirements.

Timeline will be as following...

2017 I class frigate construction commencement
2018 - Completion of 4th Milgem corvette called TCG Kinaliada.
2018 - Preparation to construct first TF-2000 destroyer - first welding (?)- in same slipway that Kinaliada constructed.

Note*
Turkish Fast Assault Boat
I class frigate
TF-2000 destroyer
TCG Anadolu mini aircraft carrier will be under construction simultaneously by 2018-2019.

-Milden indigenous submarine design phase is also expected to be finalized within 1-2 years as well.

@aziqbal
Pakistan also could simultaneously build 2 and turkey build two to help speed the process. But selecting the right ship amd paying fpr it is priority number one. There are ways to improve the time frame, but that is why my proposal to acquire the Adelaides is so important. Pakistan would have 3 additional ships in 2-3 years while new build Turkish ships are coming.. Upgrades to these could be done one at a time starting with Alamghir (as the other three require less upgrades and are far more capable in current form. With the program i have stated above, each of the 8 top end ships (4 ohp and 4 I-class) would carry more a2a and Antishipping firepower than frigates in Indian navy. Really of the non-carrier vessels, only the Kolkata class would carry better weapons loadouts (although is would still only have 32 Barak 8 and 16 Brahmos), but the ohp would compare well (32 K-SAAM / CAMM and up to 40 Harpoon. While the I-class would have 64 SAMs and 16 AShM.

@cabatli_53 Are you aware of any Turkish mini-submarine designs or concepts? I couldn't find any online, so I'm interested in seeing how STM will approach this - seems to be an original design. I wonder if this mini-submarine will be a step towards the MILDEN (obviously a different and bigger design).

@Tank131 In case you're not aware, but STM was selected to replace the Pakistan Navy's MG110 mini-submarines.

@Tank131 In case you're not aware, but STM was selected to replace the Pakistan Navy's MG110 mini-submarines.[/QUOTE]
i couldnt find a news link anywhere

Midget Submarine could be usefull in the Aegean Envirement, Bosporus and in Cyprus. They are cheaper than usual Submarines, will be usefull for the extration of Special Forces and they can operate in shallow Waters. U-209 and U-214 and later MILDEN can be used for more offensive Tasks and need not to be bound for defensive Tasks. There is also a Potential to export Midget Submarines, to arabian Gulf States and north African States.

Here for example the french SMX-26

IIRC there are no known mini-SSK designs in Turkey. Considering that STM is primarily a contractor that delegates work to Turkish and non-Turkish companies, I wonder where it's getting the mini-SSK for Pakistan. Could it be from South Korea - e.g. Hyundai Heavy Industries and an off-shoot of its HDS-400 or HDS-500?

IIRC there are no known mini-SSK designs in Turkey. Considering that STM is primarily a contractor that delegates work to Turkish and non-Turkish companies, I wonder where it's getting the mini-SSK for Pakistan. Could it be from South Korea - e.g. Hyundai Heavy Industries and an off-shoot of its HDS-400 or HDS-500?
Statements indicate that it will be a new design by STM.

Interesting. Has there been any discussion in Turkey about a mini-SSK? I'm asking because it might give an idea into the specifications and capabilities of the STM one (but not necessarily).

STM is becoming a design center of naval systems:

- modernized 2 Turkish U209-1200
- doing the modernization of Pakistani Agosta-90 submarines
- doing the modernization of Romanian Type-22 frigates
- designed the Pakistani fleet tanker
- designing a mini submarine for Pakistan
- designed together with Armerkom the Milgem corvette and frigate
- designed the Turkish navy replenishment ship
- Implementing design changes and integration of Turkish subsystems into the U-214 project
- designing together with Armerkom the TF2000 air defense frigate

Future
- STM do the modernization of the Turkish U209-1400 subs
- STM is designing the Turkish national sub "Milden"

Designing a mini-submarine based on past experiences won't take much time for STM.

ITU military mini-sub is under production. It is reported that SSM is also funding !

http://www.sabah.com.tr/yasam/2012/04/03/ilk-mini-askeri-denizalti-tasarimi

STM is becoming a design center of naval systems:

- modernized 2 Turkish U209-1200
- doing the modernization of Pakistani Agosta-90 submarines
- doing the modernization of Romanian Type-22 frigates
- designed the Pakistani fleet tanker
- designing a mini submarine for Pakistan
- designed together with Armerkom the Milgem corvette and frigate
- designed the Turkish navy replenishment ship
- Implementing design changes and integration of Turkish subsystems into the U-214 project
- designing together with Armerkom the TF2000 air defense frigate

Future
- STM do the modernization of the Turkish U209-1400 subs
- STM is designing the Turkish national sub "Milden"

Designing a mini-submarine based on past experiences won't take much time for STM.

ITU military mini-sub is under production. It is reported that SSM is also funding !

http://www.sabah.com.tr/yasam/2012/04/03/ilk-mini-askeri-denizalti-tasarimi
Awesome. This is from almost five years ago, so I imagine the conceptual work must have come a long way since then.

@aziqbal
Pakistan also could simultaneously build 2 and turkey build two to help speed the process. But selecting the right ship amd paying fpr it is priority number one.

In the real world extremely difficult

Outsourcing and transferring advanced naval warship technology is not something Turkey has done before or has experience in

Look at the Ada class, very tough job to get everyone on board to design and build world class unit and that was at home

There is no way both country's can simultaneously build Istanbul class this would end pretty badly for both nations especially since Turkey hasn't yet completed one for itself

FFG is not a like fast attack craft or replenishment tanker

At best Turkey has reference and portfolio for Ada class export and even transfer technology, Istanbul class ? Highly unlikely

But we only have the minister's speech, "Işık stated that the project has reached an “indigenous contribution” of over 65 percent."
I never understood how they calculate this percentage.

Is it the total value of the indigenous parts ?
Is it the number of the indigenous parts relative to total parts of the ship ?
Is it the total weight of the indigenous parts relative to total weight of the ship ?

Who knows. :meeting:

Yerli imkanlarla üretilen 'Karinaya Monteli Sonar Sistemi' milli gururumuz MİLGEM ADA sınıfı korvetlerimizde kullanılıyor.

Translated from Turkish by Bing

Produced with the natives ' keel molded Mounted Sonar System ' national pride MİLGEM class Corvette used in our ISLAND.

C22_C1-XUAAZw2-.jpg

C22_C2EXcAAhn7M.jpg

In the real world extremely difficult

Outsourcing and transferring advanced naval warship technology is not something Turkey has done before or has experience in

Look at the Ada class, very tough job to get everyone on board to design and build world class unit and that was at home

There is no way both country's can simultaneously build Istanbul class this would end pretty badly for both nations especially since Turkey hasn't yet completed one for itself

FFG is not a like fast attack craft or replenishment tanker

At best Turkey has reference and portfolio for Ada class export and even transfer technology, Istanbul class ? Highly unlikely
Though that is the case, the PN would be better off waiting for the I-class than to commit $500m+ to the Ada class today. I understand new ships are needed, but perhaps they could seek retiring Type 053s in the interim and use them into the 2020s and 2030s, i.e. when the Istanbul class ships could potentially arrive.

Back
Top Bottom