What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Roketsan developing VT-solid fuel ramjet
dP6MAV.jpg

A missile with a variable thrust rocket motor will be able to sprint to a close threat target, slow down for dramatic range increase or for better target sensing, speed up for an end-game sprint, or change speed in turns for the best performance.

Same type of engine on Meteor Missile - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_(missile)

Last edited:
Guys I did some maths here:

Average speed of a modern ballistic missile is 6-7 km/sec,
lets assume BORA has a speed of 5 km/sec and if you remember test video where it was mentioned that test flight length was 300 seconds (5 minutes) then we have a range at least of 1500 km.

What do you think?

lets assume BORA has a speed of 5 km/sec and if you remember test video where it was mentioned that test flight length was 300 seconds (5 minutes) then we have a range at least of 1500 km.

What do you think?
1500 km is the length of the ballistic route, not range.

What do you think?
5km/second is cool. I don't think so.
If the speed of missile 3 Mach it defines aproxomatily 3000km per hour! 3000km÷60 minutes= 50km per minute, so 5 minutes range is 250 km.
This Bora more looks likes artillery rockets which have apogee under space.
For example according the wiki
MGM-140 ATACMS has speed 1km/second .

[PDF] The Rocket Artillery Reference Book - Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt
www.ffi.no › Rapporter
for calculation
page 38-39

Last edited:

What do you think?

Speed depends on missile range. For an SRBM it would be less than for an ICBM. Also, the missile doesn't go at that speed the whole time. It takes a few minutes to accelerate up to max speed.

The Soyuz-U launch vehicle was an improved version of the original Soyuz rocket. Soyuz-U was part of the R-7 family of rockets based on the R-7 Semyorka missile.
Boosters - Blok-B,V,G,D[7]
No. boosters
Specific impulse Sea Level: 262 s (2.57 km/s)
Vacuum: 319 s (3.13 km/s)
Burn time 118 seconds
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz-U

As you can see, even for liqued fuel, 5km/ second speed is cool.

I think SRBMs reach Mach 20 speed when they fall from space to earth thanks to gravity. They reach high speed in last stage , they don't reach high speed in first stage.

When in space and no more thrust is provided, the missile enters free-flight. In order to cover large distances, ballistic missiles are usually launched into a high sub-orbital spaceflight; for intercontinental missiles, the highest altitude (apogee) reached during free-flight is about 1,200 kilometers (750 mi).

According the video:
T19:speed Mach1; 1100feet per second(335m/second);8300 feet altitude.
T39: speed Mach3;38000 feet altitude.
T+45:second roll maneuver 50000 feet altitude.

I wasnt able to understand further stages:) There was wriiteen 90 miles at 300000feet??

Yani fuzenin gittigi yol aslinda 10bin km degil.
Ornegin Hindistan Shourya fuzesi 3- 5 dakikada 200km yukseklige cikiyor, 100km de uzayda da yol yapiyor, sonra uzaydan yerzune 200km dusuyor. Toplamda gidilen yol 500km filan, bu 200km yukseklige cikmak 180 saniyesini aliyor ,ve bu da yeryuznde 1500km lik bir menzile denk geliyor yanlis mi anladim? Turkiyenin muhtemel uzun menzilli balistik fuzeside boyle bir sey olacak.
Bora 300kmlik menzile sahip, demekki 60-70 km apogee yapiyor sonra yine dususe geciyor.
Minuteman'in yakit kullanarak yaptigi toplam yol 1200km filanmis. sonrasindada 1200km serbest dusus. Toplam kateettigi yol en fazla 2500km. Yeryuzunde 10bin kmlik bir mesafeye denk geliyor.
Untitled71.png

ballistic-missile-defenseoverviewfornwcjmofinalver1324jan2012u-28-728.jpg

Toplam safha 2000 saniye 35 dakika filan , yukselme 320saniye en yavas safha.
imagen.aspx

p27-01.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom