What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

I think Turkey must expedite the development of long range cruise missile to negate russian advantage in the Black Sea, does turkey had any ship launched weapons with 1000km range?

No, but the rivalry is bigger on Russias western frontier, Seeing how our UAV operate the old doctrines will be tested and possible crushed, Ukraine might be the new frontier and by ensuring their independence and reclaiming their lands we can keep Russia occupied. What's going to be bigger challenge is that countries like Ukraine share language and such with Russia, which in turn makes them more vulnerable. Changing the language or promoting other languages would ensure that with time Russian influence could be reduced.

Last edited:
I think Turkey must expedite the development of long range cruise missile to negate russian advantage in the Black Sea, does turkey had any ship launched weapons with 1000km range?

Turkiye is developing many important defensive and offensive missile and weapon system to challenge against likely Russian threat in Blacksea. A long range naval striking missile with a range over 1000km and a naval defensive missile with a range of 120km are two of the examples.

There’s land attack cruise missile project it’s called gezgin and it should have the at least the same if not better capabilities as tomahawk/kalibr
Due to its strategic importance very little information is available to the public

Regarding thermal batteries, you mentioned the problem of overheating after 25 minutes. Did you manage to overcome this difficulty?

Kemal Atılgan TOKER: “Roketsan missiles use thermal batteries. These batteries were initially obtained from abroad for Roketsan missiles. As the thermal battery manufacturing infrastructure was developed in Turkey (TUBITAK) in due course, such needs have been met domestically. The most problematic issue for thermal batteries is the prolonged duty period. For example, if a cruise missile operates with a ramjet or scream jet rather than a turbojet engine, and if you cannot produce the power required for electronic devices (task computers, actuators, IIR seeker heads, altimeters, etc.) for at least 30 minutes, the thermal batteries remain insufficient on long-term flights. This also means that the avionic equipment on the cruise missile cannot be cooled during prolonged flight. Since the missile cannot be cooled, thermal batteries again cause trouble. One of the topics that Roketsan has been doing a lot of research on is battery types that can operate for a long time (i.e., longer than 30 minutes) and do not need much cooling.”

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...energy-systems-workshop-first-day-panels-3970

Turkey has thermal battery technology that can provide enery for a cruise missile to reach up to 800/1000km ranges. Tubitak SAGE is working on new thermal batteries with longer working duration and Roketsan is working on better cooling technologies.

2DE59C8A-0752-4843-A2D7-85767F0062EA.jpeg

Turkey has thermal battery technology that can provide enery for a cruise missile to reach up to 800/1000km ranges. Tubitak SAGE is working on new thermal batteries with longer working duration and Roketsan is working on better cooling technologies.
So, is it likely that we might see new developments about the Gezgin missile in the near future?

So, is it likely that we might see new developments about the Gezgin missile in the near future?

It depends on whether official authority allow institutes to reveal the product or not. Akya has completed trials successfully and passed into serial production phase but yet there is not any footage/image (excluding one) showing Akya in action. Our Navy likes secrecy in their strategic programs so Naval programs mostly proceed with a secret agenda. I hope they will reveal Gezgin in correct time like they did with Atmaca.

It depends on whether official authority allow institutes to reveal the product or not. Akya has completed trials successfully and passed into serial production phase but yet there is not any footage/image (excluding one) showing Akya in action. Our Navy likes secrecy in their strategic programs so Naval programs mostly proceed with a secret agenda. I hope they will reveal Gezgin in correct time like they did with Atmaca.

I wouldn't expect to see Gezgin until it has undergone every test and qualifications and has already entered the inventory of the Navy. We will most likely not even see footage of the first firing until after it has been in the inventory for years.

I wouldn't expect to see Gezgin until it has undergone every test and qualifications and has already entered the inventory of the Navy. We will most likely not even see footage of the first firing until after it has been in the inventory for years.
Agreed. That tends to be the case with strategic weapons programs. Once finished, Gezgin will be Turkey's most lethal offensive system and its best deterrent short of nuclear weapons.

If it becomes necessary to reveal it, it will be revealed. It’s like chess where certain units have deterrent power. Using it to archive a military objective will shock and awe.

If it becomes necessary to reveal it, it will be revealed. It’s like chess where certain units have deterrent power. Using it to archive a military objective will shock and awe.
I think gezgin will be revealed in the same way as som was “presented” to the public(ready in 2006 announced in 2011
5 years difference)however if there’s urgent (deterrence) need to be revealed sooner they will do it without a question

without any doubt, a submarine launched Gezgin will be Turkey's most important strategic asset

without any doubt, a submarine launched Gezgin will be Turkey's most important strategic asset
İf him nbc warhead capable. Gezgin with nbc capability + Type-214 (capability of diving until strait of gibraltar and a range can reaching to usa mainland)

will give turkey second strike capabilty.

İf him nbc warhead capable. Gezgin with nbc capability + Type-214 (capability of diving until strait of gibraltar and a range can reaching to usa mainland)

will give turkey second strike capabilty.

What?

Back
Top Bottom