What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

pagestush0.jpg

I am a little bit confused. Mizrak-O is the same like Hisar-O? What's the different? Same goes for Misrak-U respectively Hisar-U.

I am a little bit confused. Mizrak-O is the same like Hisar-O? What's the different? Same goes for Misrak-U respectively Hisar-U.

MIZRAK-O is a Medium Range AntiTank Missile system with 4 km range ("O" stands for "Orta" = "medium" range)
MIZRAK-U is a Long Range Antitank Missile system with 8 km range ( "U" stands for "Uzun" = "long" range)

Hisar-A is a Low Altitude Air Defense Missile System ("A" stands for "Alçak" = "low" altitude)
Hisar-O is a Medium Altitude Air Defense Missile System ("O" stands for "Orta" = "medium" altitude)

Sorry, I don't think there is "Hisar-U" yet.

Last edited:
I trough Umtas and Omtas are the AT missiles?

Sorry for the confusion. I think the "MIZRAK" part, has more to do with its launching pad or system.

Rocketsan is looking to produce versions of the Umtas missile that can be integrated to various platforms such as helicopter platforms, light armored vehicle, close air support aircraft, UAV, fixed ground platforms and naval platforms: - Hence the different name.

I wanted to post a "you tube" link for "Roketsan LUMTAS" but forum rules won't allow it.

L-TAM-LR (English name) = UMTAS

The reason of similar apperance is about development methods Turkish institute applies for missiles. Roketsan aims to develop not only one missile but a missile family for all purposes from SAM to AT, Cruise missile. To fullfil that target, The missiles are being developed under family integrity principles which means the missiles to be developed within same league will share lots of similarities along with many common parts but serve for different purposes. That method reduce development time along with less R&D costs on total.

Exm.

Anti-Tank Family

Mızrak-EU
Mızrak-U(IR)
Mızrak-U(L)
Mızrak-O
TEKHAT (Man portable Fire/Forget AT missile system)

SAM family

Hisar-OIR
Hisar-ORF
Hisar-A
Hisar-MPAD

SOM Cruise missile family

SOM Block-I (300km-500km)
SOM Block-II (800km)
SOM Block-III (1500km)

KP5VEO.jpg

Last edited:
736km/h= 736*1000/3600 = 204,4 m/s
50s * 204,4 = 10222m = 10,22km (Real range of Mızrak-U)

A small detail ;)

Nice catch. But if you take acceleration in to consideration (I don't know how many seconds needed for the missile to go into it's full speed.) It should be lower than 10.22 km.

Nice catch. But if you take acceleration in to consideration (I don't know how many seconds needed for the missile to go into it's full speed.) It should be lower than 10.22 km.

You sure... It should also be taken into consideration. Most probably, First 2 km will be the time when missile needs acceleration but You know Missiles doesn't need continuously thrust to find targets. Anyhow, They are not destroying targets with kynetic energy but tandem warheads so Even If buring of jet motor finished, It keeps to glid towards target so I think MızrakO can find 10 km at any condition.

Back
Top Bottom