What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Depends on the size of the booster I'd say.

If the picture is a bit on scale the booster size is as big as the missile
Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-05-16-211432-www-google-com.png
vxtfpCeae86A8gks12OEIJcbZ5l2-Oe6CUtMr_e3iKL3DakLBXCT2Le1jYTujGACzeQmmud62Y2Qu-Adhwks6X9R6LiPrnNziOEFNzWmyrAcPgtwcbLc1w-bDTuTILtP6FdM4FA0vnuAwykHOgsnJolQqO-bwsPJbUokUNkvrCkZBpaP2azRPw

When him finish we will see misille like that. Like aster-30 (Mica RF + Booster)

I want to brainstorm something with you guys;

Regarding our concentrated development of laser seeker missiles/free-fall bombs, it is from my understanding that this type of terminal guidance although very cost-effective can also be dependant ideal weather and ranging conditions - as to dissipation of the concentrated light energy that designator emits in coded pulses.

What would be the ideal method of terminal guidance that would truly be all-weather, have a range beyond 25km (laser designators effective cut-off range is around 25km) and be close to the cost of a laser seeker?

Regarding our concentrated development of laser seeker missiles/free-fall bombs, it is from my understanding that this type of terminal guidance although very cost-effective can also be dependant ideal weather and ranging conditions - as to dissipation of the concentrated light energy that designator emits in coded pulses.

What would be the ideal method of terminal guidance that would truly be all-weather, have a range beyond 25km (laser designators effective cut-off range is around 25km) and be close to the cost of a laser seeker?
Both The most advanced laser guided British Starstreak SAM and russian variant have maximum 10km range. There must be a reason why just 10km not further.
I like the mach3 speed of Starstreak.

THOR_Multi_Mission_System_MMS_Starstreak_short-range_surface-to-air_defense_missile_United_Kingdom_British_defense_industry_640_001.jpg

images

If reaching 25km range just with laser guidance were possible, Russians could try it.
David's sling - Stunner missile has great guidance system:
AESA millimeter 3D radar + dual electro-optical/(FPA)/imaging infrared (CCD/IIR) seeker + asymmetric 360 degree multi-seeker sensor engagement + 3 way data link with advanced real time automatic and manual retargeting + ECCM & IRCCM.

Using fiber-optic cables (tiny micro-nanoscale ones,placed-wrapped in the munition). via two-way communication, sensing exact location of the munition from the drone and correcting its path (assuming all advanced sensors are located on the drone). It would heavily rely on machine learning stuff and would have lower PK ratio.
I know, it is quite old school. But establishing two-way communication with a supposed to be cheap munition is not easy as well.
However, it requires low cost-micro scale-ultra flexible fiber technology (if it exists or possible) and sensitive sensors on the munition to presume exact location. The latter one can be achieved via other way around- by placing a micro-SAR on the drone to track the munition and estimate its location (feeding through distance-heading data).
The fiber can be replaced with any kind of two-way communication linkless or linked.
Considering the latter case, with micro-SAR on drone to track the munition, the link is sufficient to be one-way, from drone to the munition. It heavily relies on image processing, machine learning and motion tracking. I assume simple-imaging sensors would be enough for the munition in the very last stage for achieving some accuracy.

Additional thoughts:
Munition can have radar reflector on the rear-side to be tracked easier.
Another question, does SAR has an ability to sense depth of the field?
Does it makes sense? I am an alien on this subject. :)

Last edited:
@cabatli_53 , @Combat-Master , @Nutuk

Bro's what is the diffrences of ;

78fa0e58-b477-4e23-b99b-b250fb2ad7bb.jpg

And

Mam-L

mam-l.jpg

Looks like Mam-l more heavier and have more warhead but bozok have integrated ins + lab but in mam-l ins is optional. So that's mean bozok is created for more long range shots like 14-20 km. Other than are they have another diffrences ?

Found this video to be very interesting and informative.

Explains that SOM/Atmaca has it's domestic engine now (KTJ-3200).

Found this video to be very interesting and informative.

Explains that SOM/Atmaca has it's domestic engine now (KTJ-3200).
1-) Most of our members have more knowledge than this guy
2-) Afaik, Kaleaero's engine still not being produced in the serial production. (I might be wrong.)

@cabatli_53 , @Combat-Master , @Nutuk

Bro's what is the diffrences of ;

78fa0e58-b477-4e23-b99b-b250fb2ad7bb.jpg

And

Mam-L

mam-l.jpg

Looks like Mam-l more heavier and have more warhead but bozok have integrated ins + lab but in mam-l ins is optional. So that's mean bozok is created for more long range shots like 14-20 km. Other than are they have another diffrences ?
@cabatli_53 What is the difference ???

@cabatli_53 What is the difference ???

@SİLAHDAR has already answered his own question.

-Bozok is lighter has less of a penalty on air platforms carrying it
-Bozok has better glide to fall ratio, you can drop the munition at lower altitudes/speed.
-MAM-L has a larger warhead
-MAM-L guidance system was basic, but Roketsan is offering improved system to match Bozok.

Karaok seeker
upload_2020-6-5_6-36-40.png

Untitled-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom