What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

@cabatli_53 bro, has the Atmaca anti-ship missiles spec been revised, in the latest journal from SSM it is saying that Atmaca has an 88kg warhead?

Suitable for all weather conditions, ATMACA
Missile is super sea-skimming, resistant to
countermeasures, has target update, retargeting
and mission abort capability, advanced mission
planning system (3D routing), and is effective
against stationary and moving anti-surface
warfare (ASuW) targets. ATMACA has Global
Positioning System/Inertial Navigation System/
Barometric Altimeter/Radar Altimeter capability
and finds its target using its active radar seeker
with high accuracy. With its 220+ km range, 88 kg
TNT equivalent high explosive blast fragmentation
warhead
and datalink capability, ATMACA threatens
its targets beyond the line of sight. The data link
capability also enables ATMACA to have target
update, re-attack and mission abort features.

View attachment 631997

88kg is not enough for an anti-ship missile in this scale bro. Who knows maybe SSB could mix the warhead weights between Temren and Atmaca. ☺️

F12AAA93-BDC9-4246-ABFE-418AF704D229.jpeg

Potentially extended to 100km+. Is Germany operating M982 with their fleets of PzH2000? What kind of upgrades they are planning at the moment.

Some changes on modular improvements on artillery ammunition bring us up +80 km range (DM121). Some kind of new ammunition’s will be tested.

Some changes on modular improvements on artillery ammunition bring us up +80 km range (DM121). Some kind of new ammunition’s will be tested.

Exciting time is ahead. I believe the new artillery shells are going to be more like rocket assisted projectiles, no? It is interesting that everyone is heading towards the same direction.

Exciting time is ahead. I believe the new artillery shells are going to be more like rocket assisted projectiles, no? It is interesting that everyone is heading towards the same direction.

Yes, but usually some one starts and the others will follow.

kuzgun-m%C3%BChimmat.jpg

P1XNN8.jpg

I think Jet powered and radar guided 100+ km ranged kuzgun-100 (front one) will be good game changer for us. He can be good high subsonic anti ship missile.

İf he fly around 40.000 feet and dive to ship in terminal phase it will be real dangerous . Also he is cost effective and have swarm capability. So we can send him much more high numbers with saturation strike formations.

İf we can achieve to make low cost al-25 tl engined 5 hour flight timed aesa or doppler aa radared and bvr capable semi or fully stealth and lhd launchable Baykar mius Naval, with this missile he can be real game changer.

I think we can operate 25-30 baykar mius naval on anadolu lhd, with the help of his radar and also çafrad he can search a wide area and make a semi or fully stealth saturation attacks to ships or bvr aa attacks to aircrafts.

Anadolu is a low cost carrier, mius is a low cost ucav, kuzgun is a low cost missile key point is Cost effective

kuzgun-m%C3%BChimmat.jpg

P1XNN8.jpg

I think Jet powered and radar guided 100+ km ranged kuzgun-100 (front one) will be good game changer for us. He can be good high subsonic anti ship missile.

İf he fly around 40.000 feet and dive to ship in terminal phase it will be real dangerous . Also he is cost effective and have swarm capability. So we can send him much more high numbers with saturation strike formations.

İf we can achieve to make low cost al-25 tl engined 5 hour flight timed aesa or doppler aa radared and bvr capable semi or fully stealth and lhd launchable Baykar mius Naval, with this missile he can be real game changer.

I think we can operate 25-30 baykar mius naval on anadolu lhd, with the help of his radar and also çafrad he can search a wide area and make a semi or fully stealth saturation attacks to ships or bvr aa attacks to aircrafts.

Anadolu is a low cost carrier, mius is a low cost ucav, kuzgun is a low cost missile key point is Cost effective
Antiship missiles must have sea skimming !
With jet engine and a radar how would be kuzgun low cost missile?
I understand you, Rocket propulsion and IR guidance ideal for short range low cost solution.

Antiship missiles must have sea skimming !
With jet engine and a radar how would be kuzgun low cost missile?
I understand you, Rocket propulsion and IR guidance ideal for short range low cost solution.
They can be sea skimming (maybe not sea skimming but) also he can travel around 40.000 feet. His altitude higher than essm and aster-15. Also he really small and stealth like missile not a valuvable target for long range air defence's. we can easily shot with him fac's, corvettes, frigates etc. Also he can be have diffrent flight mode like passing all way like glide mode when arrive the terminal phase he can open his rocket engine and his speed will be raise mach 2-4 and he can first increase altitude and dive on the target.

On the side of cost ; we cannot talk about long ranged radar, Just a small , terminal phase radar for incraseing hit capability. But also we can use datalink + iir guide for him againts ships. That's the more cheappest way. Also her rocket propulsion not a bigger solid rocket engine his weight is a 100 kg and he is a glide bomb. Passing the most of way with filtration.

Also cost effectivness nothing mean is a this missile have same cost with cirit. But of course his cost will be more more better than som series or atmaca or maybe temren. Dont forget his targets costs of around 200-1 billion dollar.

KuZgun modern modular munition family will have lots of different variants. In terms of seekers, IIR or Laser guided versions will be available. In terms of weight, 50 (~30kg warhad) and 100kg (~65kg warhead) versions will be revealed. Propellant+wing and Free fall+ wing options will be available. Navy’s Kuzgun might be a VL missle+booster. Sea-skimming capability will be used when this missile will be used as an anti-ship missile. Land attack variant will follow the waypoints in acc to terrain profile. Airforce’s Kuzgun will use multi-launch swarm attack capabilities. Land forces’ Kuzgun will be truck mounted and they will be a multi-launch precision guided missiles that will be better than Spike NLOS . In terms of warhead, Penetrator tandem will be around options.

27-F95399-F644-413-B-8177-FCFC9-F78-E094.jpg

They can be sea skimming (maybe not sea skimming but) also he can travel around 40.000 feet. His altitude higher than essm and aster-15. Also he really small and stealth like missile not a valuvable target for long range air defence's. we can easily shot with him fac's, corvettes, frigates etc. Also he can be have diffrent flight mode like passing all way like glide mode when arrive the terminal phase he can open his rocket engine and his speed will be raise mach 2-4 and he can first increase altitude and dive on the target.

On the side of cost ; we cannot talk about long ranged radar, Just a small , terminal phase radar for incraseing hit capability. But also we can use datalink + iir guide for him againts ships. That's the more cheappest way. Also her rocket propulsion not a bigger solid rocket engine his weight is a 100 kg and he is a glide bomb. Passing the most of way with filtration.

Also cost effectivness nothing mean is a this missile have same cost with cirit. But of course his cost will be more more better than som series or atmaca or maybe temren. Dont forget his targets costs of around 200-1 billion dollar.
For expensive ships TurNavy have pure %100 antiship missiles AKA Harpoon and will have ATMACA. Configuration which have just offered would be slightly cheaper and wouldnt be as cheap as you think.

I want to make confession for underestimating ESSM. Range of SAMs got me astrayed . I've overlooked ESSM because they have limited range and altitude indeed they are very efficient missiles thanks to their high speed as Standart Missiles. For example comparing Barak 8 with ESSM. Barak 8 has 2 mach speed whereas ESSM 4 mach so Barak burns slower and reaches longer range.
On the whole dont get lost in range and altitude regarding point defense. Because the attacking missile will enter your SAM range finally. I(reserve my right about area air defense) So there are much more criterions make a SAM the best.

So we can say this turkish maverick ha.
I would say spike
28290721303_da2cfbc08b_h.jpg

A251%20%281%29_0.jpg

Or early gen of Gabriel
51u6jMuVnLL.jpg

KuZgun modern modular munition family will have lots of different variants. In terms of seekers, IIR or Laser guided versions will be available. In terms of weight, 50 (~30kg warhad) and 100kg (~65kg warhead) versions will be revealed. Propellant+wing and Free fall+ wing options will be available. Navy’s Kuzgun might be a VL missle+booster. Sea-skimming capability will be used when this missile will be used as an anti-ship missile. Land attack variant will follow the waypoints in acc to terrain profile. Airforce’s Kuzgun will use multi-launch swarm attack capabilities. Land forces’ Kuzgun will be truck mounted and they will be a multi-launch precision guided missiles that will be better than Spike NLOS . In terms of warhead, Penetrator tandem will be around options.

27-F95399-F644-413-B-8177-FCFC9-F78-E094.jpg

Bro, multi-mode seekers inbound ;-)

For expensive ships TurNavy have pure %100 antiship missiles AKA Harpoon and will have ATMACA. Configuration which have just offered would be slightly cheaper and wouldnt be as cheap as you think.

HARPOON costs $1+ million and Turkey can produce 10 x KUZGUN for $1 million

Egyptian Navy FREMM Frigates will carry only 16x ASTER-15 SAMs ( range of 30km )
AKINCI UCAV can carry 8 KUZGUN ... ( total of 800 kg )
if 2 Turkish AKINCI UCAVs or 2 Turkish F-16s fire 16 KUZGUN on Egyptian Frigate at the same time , then what can Egyptian Frigate do ?

Egyptian Navy FREMM Frigate will fire 16x ASTER-15 SAMs ( $24 million ) to intercept 16 KUZGUN ( $1,6 million )

and after 16 KUZGUN saturation strike , 2 Turkish F-16s with 4 SOM-C anti ship Missiles ( $4 million ) will able to destroy undefended FREMM Frigate ( $500 million )

even FREMM Frigate can not intercept all 16 KUZGUNs in saturation strike

btw I want to see AKINCI UCAVs with KUZGUN to hunt mobile Air Defense Systems like PANTSIR , BUK-M2 and TOR from safe distance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom