What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Torpedoes have propultion systems which needs mechanical engineering etc. which are not an Aselsan expertise. You need a lot of engineering in various fields for a torpedo and electronic hardware/software is just one of them.

I want to remind that Roketsan's job is not just "Build a tube and put rocket fuel in it" type thing. They have a very large employee list for any job that is involved in their field which is not just solid rockets.

Bro I think Aselsan has expertise in mechanical engineering I mean look at their developments from unmanned turrets to Korhan infantry fighting vehicle not to mention they are already working on torpedoes like Orka and Tork.

So my only reasoning for Akya to be developed by roketsan is because maybe in future they are planning to develop a supercavitating torpedo where solid fuel rocket is needed so they are building know-how for that probably but then again make Aselsan the main contractor and roketsan the subcontractor because electronics are more important for a torpedo in my opinion. Anyways.

Bro I think Aselsan has expertise in mechanical engineering I mean look at their developments from unmanned turrets to Korhan infantry fighting vehicle not to mention they are already working on torpedoes like Orka and Tork.

So my only reasoning for Akya to be developed by roketsan is because maybe in future they are planning to develop a supercavitating torpedo where solid fuel rocket is needed so they are building know-how for that probably but then again make Aselsan the main contractor and roketsan the subcontractor because electronics are more important for a torpedo in my opinion. Anyways.

Korhan fighting vehicle (not a real vehicle but a demostrator body to show the Korhan turret) was build by a subcontractor company (I do not remember the name of that company anymore, something like FI metal from memory)

Korhan fighting vehicle (not a real vehicle but a demostrator body to show the Korhan turret) was build by a subcontractor company (I do not remember the name of that company anymore, something like FI metal from memory)
Aselsan realy think the produce and sell korhan ifv. They want a be bae of the turkey.

I kinda remember that aselsan was the one that designed it maybe not build it because they outsource lots of things to help the industry anyways I guess I got that wrong but saying aselsan has no mechanical expertise is wrong as well and they are already working on torpedoes so one can not say they don't know plus electronics is more important in torpedoes because that is what guides the torpedo to the target and the propulsion is not a rocket so having aselsan as the main contractor is more logical in my opinion

I don't understand why they want roketsan to build a torpedos only logic is they are heading towards supercavitating torpedos that's why they are building know-how in that field.

Last edited:
it looks like the target is heated to make it visible for OMTAS's IIR seeker. what if the target has no heat signature?

System's like that very unusable. Because their atgm range 4 km seems like enemy tanks cannon range and in this sittuation sta in dangerous when he open fire and his armor doesnt resist 120mm gun. World armies since years attach the medium range (2.5-4 km class) atgm's coaxial to 25 mm-300 guns who equiped bay acv's (zma). İf this vehicle have 6-8 km ranged umtas-l behalf of omtas with mast optronic he will be good engage weapon for our mechanized forces.

it looks like the target is heated to make it visible for OMTAS's IIR seeker. what if the target has no heat signature?

I can be guided with laser like Cirit, against vehicle you can fire and forget but against infrastructure you have to aim.

System's like that very unusable. Because their atgm range 4 km seems like enemy tanks cannon range and in this sittuation sta in dangerous when he open fire and his armor doesnt resist 120mm gun. World armies since years attach the medium range (2.5-4 km class) atgm's coaxial to 25 mm-300 guns who equiped bay acv's (zma). İf this vehicle have 6-8 km ranged umtas-l behalf of omtas with mast optronic he will be good engage weapon for our mechanized forces.

It is a medium range, and not only can it be used against tanks but building or terrorists. Or armored vehicle and other war things.

One of the purpose of using these vehicles is against short distance targets.When target at 0-500m you can not fire Umtas or L-Umtas.

Last edited:
this concept completely outdated for me(for only 4 km), i agree with silahdar , put this missile on turret of an IFV like the Russians did. Save money and personnel.

if you insist on the concept, put NLOS UMTAS like isrealis for 30 km that make sense.

this concept completely outdated for me(for only 4 km), i agree with silahdar , put this missile on turret of an IFV like the Russians did. Save money and personnel.

if you insist on the concept, put NLOS UMTAS like isrealis for 30 km that make sense.

If you want to hit a target from more stand off distance you have to aim it with a radar or something like Aselpod. 4 Km is good range like somebody would see you from that distance easily?

Why comparing long range missile with medium range missile?

Last but best, medium range missile like umtas have proven ther damage to the enemy. You can see it in syria or yemen, a lot of bgm tow used so what is your problem?

Last but best, medium range missile like umtas have proven ther damage to the enemy. You can see it in syria or yemen, a lot of bgm tow used so what is your problem?
Oh sir! why dont you put those missiles on ACV15 IFV? thats all my objection.

You only draw a conclusion based on distance. There are many other situational factors that offer a head start over the enemy vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom