What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

More than 100 Precision Guidance Kits were accepted within the scope of Modern Ammunition Procurement Project (HGK-84).

DzEHpEXXgAAdi_s.jpg:large

Last edited:
In my opinion
First pic = Umtas
Second pic = Probably Gezgin, it can't be Akya because Akya is not a rocket so it's not a Roketsan product
Third pic = Mam C
no roketsan is core responsible for akya
First pic is very different design when you compare both atmaca and umtas.
No optical guidance or laser receiver. And there is sage developed gps antenna on it. And it is outside, that means its speed is not so big.
And there is a booster like structure at the end.
And wing geometry says that speed should be high.
o_O:what:o_O
Maybe temren

Last edited:
no roketsan is core responsible for akya
First pic is very different design when you compare both atmaca and umtas.
No optical guidance or laser receiver. And there is sage developed gps antenna on it. And it is outside, that means its speed is not so big.
And there is a booster like structure at the end.
And wing geometry says that speed should be high.
o_O:what:o_O
Maybe temren

I don't know why roketsan is responsible for akya I mean I understand if it was Aselsan due to its electronics background and its research on torpedos with Aselsan Orka torpedo and Aselsan Tork anti torpedo systems I would of expect Akya to be an Aselsan development but for some reason, Roketsan is involved which is odd because they literally have no expertise on torpedos or they should have no expertise in that field because I think Vakif sirketleri daha organize ve rational olmali they are duplicating know how and it seems like they are wasting money because Aselsan is working on torpedos and its countermeasures no need for a sister company to be on that field.

Also about the first pic the reason for no optical guidance or laser receiver being visible is because its a buzlanma test that's why its covered in snow/frost and not visible and that booster thing is not actually a booster I think its just snow particles forming that shape, if you look closely at umtas you will see that it is exactly that shape

I don't know why roketsan is responsible for akya I mean I understand if it was Aselsan due to its electronics background and its research on torpedos with Aselsan Orka torpedo and Aselsan Tork anti torpedo systems I would of expect Akya to be an Aselsan development but for some reason, Roketsan is involved which is odd because they literally have no expertise on torpedos or they should have no expertise in that field because I think Vakif sirketleri daha organize ve rational olmali they are duplicating know how and it seems like they are wasting money because Aselsan is working on torpedos and its countermeasures no need for a sister company to be on that field.

Also about the first pic the reason for no optical guidance or laser receiver being visible is because its a buzlanma test that's why its covered in snow/frost and not visible and that booster thing is not actually a booster I think its just snow particles forming that shape, if you look closely at umtas you will see that it is exactly that shape

Torpedoes have propultion systems which needs mechanical engineering etc. which are not an Aselsan expertise. You need a lot of engineering in various fields for a torpedo and electronic hardware/software is just one of them.

I want to remind that Roketsan's job is not just "Build a tube and put rocket fuel in it" type thing. They have a very large employee list for any job that is involved in their field which is not just solid rockets.

Back
Top Bottom