What's new

Turkish male uav ANKA crashed in test flights

Vatoz

Reaction score
ANKA Basın Açıklaması

28 Eylül 2012
İlk uçuşunu Aralık 2010 tarihinde gerçekleştiren insansız hava aracı ANKA'nın yaklaşık bir buçuk yıl süren geliştirme test uçuşları (yaklaşık 100 sorti) ardından, 24 Eylül 2012 tarihi itibariyle kabul test faaliyetlerine başlanılmıştır.

27 Eylül 2012 tarihinde icra edilen test uçuşu esnasında meydana gelen teknik bir sorun nedeniyle bir prototip hava aracı ile kırım yaşanmıştır. Arıza tespitine ilişkin çalışmalar devam etmekte olup, kabul test faaliyetlerine diğer hava araçları ile devam edilecektir.

ANKA Bas?n Aç?klamas? - TUSA?-Türk Havac?l?k ve Uzay Sanayii A.?.

No worries. Tests are made to find out faults and failure is part of the equation.

Buddy, can you post it in English.

No worries. Tests are made to find out faults and failure is part of the equation.

I was looking for an English source myself but it is so fresh, we might need to wait couple of hours for an English source.

Perfectly normal, top world military manufacturers new products fail initial tests most the time.

dont worry.crash while test flight happense many time.it happened to our Iran-140 too.lol

off topic question....is your uav ANKA capable of firing missiles?because actually i dnot know what exactly MALE uav means.

According to reports, it was the first prototype and it made 98 successful flights before the crash. The tests will continue with the 4 remaning prototypes.

dont worry.crash while test flight happense many time.it happened to our Iran-140 too.lol

off topic question....is your uav ANKA capable of firing missiles?because actually i dnot know what exactly MALE uav means.

male uav mean-Medium Altitude Long Endurance uav. it just a uav not a ucav.

Nothing wrong with this. A project completes after many failing tests.

Carrying missile or not has nothing to do with being a MALE-HALE or not. It is about usefull payload capacity and desicion. ANKA-A will carry AselFlir-300T for optical surveillance and ANKA-B will carry not only 300T, but also Aselsan SAR radar, ANKA-C will be most probably Electronic attack UAV. If desicion makers agree on integrating missiles instead of SAR radar around the limits of UAV, It can be...

TAI is developing a new HALE (High Altitude-Long Endurance) class UAV which has a take off weight aprox. 5000kg with 1000 kg payload capacity to be able to flight over 40000ft altitude. The main aim of this program is creating an UAV which is able not only to develop a surveillance but also an Armed UAV. I mean standart version of HALE ANKA will be armed and TAI will try to reveal the prototypes until 2016...

Carrying missile or not has nothing to do with being a MALE-HALE or not. It is about usefull payload capacity and desicion. ANKA-A will carry AselFlir-300T for optical surveillance and ANKA-B will carry not only 300T, but also Aselsan SAR radar, ANKA-C will be most probably Electronic attack UAV. If desicion makers agree on integrating missiles instead of SAR radar around the limits of UAV, It can be...

TAI is developing a new HALE (High Altitude-Long Endurance) class UAV which has a take off weight aprox. 5000kg with 1000 kg payload capacity to be able to flight over 40000ft altitude. The main aim of this program is creating an UAV which is able not only to develop a surveillance but also an Armed UAV. I mean standart version of HALE ANKA will be armed and TAI will try to reveal the prototypes until 2016...

It is still MALE UAV

ya..this means they are actually develpoing something from scratch.
no paint job or rev engg like our neighbour(s) :azn:

It is still MALE UAV

Here is the specifications given by Muharrem Dortkasli, TAI manager....

Fuselage Volume: Aprox. 1,5x bigger than Anka fuselage
Take off Weight: 4,5-5 tonnes (Anka: 1,5 tonnes)
Payload: 1 tonnes (Anka: 200kg)
Altitude: 45000+ft ( Anka: 30000ft)
Speed: 250knots (Anka: 110 knots)
Communication: SATCOM (ANKA: Datalink)

Here is the specifications given by Muharrem Dortkasli, TAI manager....

Fuselage Volume: Aprox. 1,5x bigger than Anka fuselage
Take off Weight: 4,5-5 tonnes (Anka: 1,5 tonnes)
Payload: 1 tonnes (Anka: 200kg)
Altitude: 45000+ft ( Anka: 30000ft)
Speed: 250knots (Anka: 110 knots)
Communication: SATCOM (ANKA: Datalink)
Thats Reaper or Eitan class UAV. Still MALE.

HALE is Global Hawk - 65,000 ft.

Back
Top Bottom