What's new

Turkish Made Assault Rifle MPT (Both 7.62mm and 5.56mm)

New Pic of Turkish Made Assault Rifle MPT 7,62 mm

v3hzK.jpg

Saol Deno militaryphotos yükledin icin.

New Pic of Turkish Made Assault Rifle MPT 7,62 mm

v3hzK.jpg

Saol Deno militaryphotos yükledin icin.

Some forumers here asked the same thing but I am not a member of that forum :) But thanks anyway :P

Just tell me if there's any improvement on estimated barrel life. First statement from MKE was very disappointing.

I just don't care how fancy it looks.

Just tell me if there's any improvement on estimated barrel life. First statement from MKE was very disappointing.

I just don't care how fancy it looks.

MKE said the barrel life will be 10.000 shots... It is too short for an assault rifle, I am very disappointed in this project.

MKE said the barrel life will be 10.000 shots... It is too short for an assault rifle, I am very disappointed in this project.
It's all about production quality. MKE has all kinds of machinery to do the production but they tend to use cheaper technique and poor labor.

I have much to say about design too but it's not the main issue here. I don't trust MKE with production, nobody does.

Hey, Deno, long time no see ! My mom and dad were in Turkiye this past week; dad had a conference to attend in Istanbul and they visited Antalya ! Wonderful Country they say ! :D

I was thinking the same thing about the barrel life and I found a useful post on another forum which mentions the barrel life of a G3 and an MP5 ! Perhaps it'll be a decent comparative for the MPT !

And I quote (Source : Barrel/bolt life )

I have lots of experience with bolt and barrle life on various HK's to include many MP5's and the G3, HK21E, etc. Barrel "life" is difficult to define. What are your requirements? You can still fire rounds down range with a barrel with very little visible rifling. HK defines barrel service life as no loss of MV or accuracy beyond 5% of original during testing but yet many HK's greatly exceed that after many thousands of rounds. Example is the HK416. In US Govt testing a single HK416 10.4" with barrel fired 15K rounds in less than 3 days and the accuracy was still < 1 MOA at 100 meters from a fixture with Match ammo. That same gun fired more then 30K rounds later still well above the 5% goal. A single 5.56mm HK MG4 LMG fired 102K rounds on a single barrel in Yuma desert testing with little care and still was serviceable for LMG use afterwards.

As a VERY general rule a barrel of a 9mm MP5 will exceed 75K-100K and its bolt 50K plus. A G3 bolt should go 20-30K rounds and its barrel well over 30K round but ALL of this depends on many factors and variables:

1. Is it an HK Germany made barrel or after market crap? HK Oberndorf cold hammer forded barrels are the very best anywhere.
2. When was the barrel made?
3. How is the weapon fired, mostly full auto or semo auto?
4. In what environment is it used? Surf zone, desert, back yard range?
5. How is the weapon maintained (cleaned) and is it suppressed?
6. How much do you want to spend on a barrel to get longer service life or better accuracy? Companies can give you a barrel that lasts longer by making it heavier or with better materials and processes but that costs more. HK could give you a barrel that fires 2.5X more rounds over that of other makers (as the did for the UK GPMG they make) or HK416's that ALL fire under 1 MOA groups out to 600 meters with MK262 MOD 1 ammo but you'll have to build 100 and select the 25 that will do that and discard the rest).

And what are your requirements? Hitting a E-type target at 300 meters or shooting sub-MOA groups? As a bullet hose only you can push the barrel far longer before replacement.

To understand the quick change barrel piece you have to look at the technology of the day when the first HK's were made (1950's) based on the then proven and economical stamping methods proven during WWII in Germany. The pressed-in barrel arrangement of the HK roller-locked long guns was a cheap and easy way to install barrels in weapons that did not need a quick change capability and w/o the need for all the barrel and receiver threading and thread timing. The HK21 changed that with an excellent QC barrel arrangement because as an LMG/GPMG it needs the QC barrel for sustained fire applications.

There is no exact guidence on bolt or barrel service life that is why you won't see any repuatble gun company gaurantee service life on parts or barrels in most cases becuase they cannot control the many variables and one custoimer who doesn't get exactly 50K rounds through an MP5 bolt head will cry foul even if their records are not accurate.

Take an MP5 with an early 1980 era bolt head and fire IMI TZZ ammo thru it with a sound suppressor on it and that normally 50K round bolt head could fail in 15K rounds. Fire corrosive ammo in or "swim" your pristine G3 in the surf w/o cleaning and the barrel may be worthless for anything.

Even today HK still believes that it standard cold hammer forged barrel technology is the best available. No one else to include HK has come up with anything better that I have seen. The M60 barrel you recall likely has a "Stellite" barrel liner which helps improve wear resistance under high heat and sustained fire sessions. It is used in the M2HB and is common in MG barrels. While HK has played with Stellite barrels liners their standard CHF barrels and the unique barrel steel they use equals or exceeds those made with other production methods but with Stellite liners.

G3Kurz

Every maker has a different opinion on how to forge barrels the best, there are lots of variables really but having experienced, skilled labor is the most important.

Still, Best G3s in Turkish armed forces inventory are those directly procured from HK over fourty years ago. What people need to understand is, having those million-dollar worth machinery for cold hammer forging does not ensure good end-product quality.

Every major company uses cold hammer forging because it's fast and cheap not because it's 'best'. MKE is adminstrated by HK fans(I'm trying not to use foul language here) They do whatever HK does but they still suck at it.

A carrying handle for a rifle that is told to be lighter than 4Kg? :/

I have bad feeling about this.

When will Mehmetcik 1 riffle be used and replace old standard riffle?

8620vi3.jpg

When will Mehmetcik 1 riffle be used and replace old standard riffle?

8620vi3.jpg

Mehmetcik alman lisans alt&#305; alimdi simdiki proje Bizim yapt&#305;&#287;&#305;m&#305;z dizayn etti&#287;imiz.

After winter and weather tests soon we will see these in action

In america since we can own guns we have the civilian version of the G3A3 called the PTR 91.It is in semi automatic. I own one and I love the 7.62x51 round. It has more hitting power and boy does it have distance. You guys should keep the 7.62x51 because it is good for mountain warfare against PKK.

In america since we can own guns we have the civilian version of the G3A3 called the PTR 91.It is in semi automatic. I own one and I love the 7.62x51 round. It has more hitting power and boy does it have distance. You guys should keep the 7.62x51 because it is good for mountain warfare against PKK.

thats why our new assault rifle is not 5.56 for more stopping power

Back
Top Bottom