What's new

Turkish Made Assault Rifle MPT (Both 7.62mm and 5.56mm)

Fullscreen+capture+482013+90530+AM.bmp.jpg

You think it's impossible? Like technically I mean?
Do you know what the life of other newly designed rifles are?

Is it also safe to assume that barrels for 7.62 will have less life than 5.56 cartridges, because of the heat production of larger cartridges?

Can you give a compare?

Last year in this very thread there was a discussion about avarage barrel life of an good assault rifle and it was said to be 30.000.

Last year in this very thread there was a discussion about avarage barrel life of an good assault rifle and it was said to be 30.000.
Too damn low, even in full-auto
I mis-read the barrel life (or maybe just mis-interpreted).

Is it safe to assume that 7.62 barrels have less life than 5.56 barrels? How does the barrel life of HK417 compare to that of HK416's 30.000?

I mis-read the barrel life (or maybe just mis-interpreted).

Is it safe to assume that 7.62 barrels have less life than 5.56 barrels? How does the barrel life of HK417 compare to that of HK416's 30.000?

this says it's between 10,000-15,000. But you can expand it to about 20,000 with longed barrells like 16" Recon, 20" Designated Marksman.

HK 417 accurized barrel life

this says it's between 10,000-15,000. But you can expand it to about 20,000 with longed barrells like 16" Recon, 20" Designated Marksman.

HK 417 accurized barrel life

The dude in the sourche specificly asked not to be quoted on that, From what i knew nothing can come close to German quality and the barrel life-span is propably much longer then that.

The dude in the sourche specificly asked not to be quoted on that, From what i knew nothing can come close to German quality and the barrel life-span is propably much longer then that.

Hmm. I don't think so. Cauz you know we're talkin about 7.62 NATO. It can't be longer than 15-20 thousands. :)

it says min. 10,000 rounds. everyone knows that the end product is much better than the requirements of ssm.
nope... everyone assumes that the end product will be better than the requirements.
Hmm. I don't think so. Cauz you know we're talkin about 7.62 NATO. It can't be longer than 15-20 thousands. :)
According to whom? Coated barrels can stay within an acceptable MOA range well beyond 35-40k shots

nope... everyone assumes that the end product will be better than the requirements.
According to whom? Coated barrels can stay within an acceptable MOA range well beyond 35-40k shots

Hmm, hk417 has g36's piston/rail (or whatever) system. In that weapon my guess was the avarage. But as you said, Can we include MOA Range to our standart infantry rifle's barrell life? Cauz it seemed a little bit strange to me? :)

Back
Top Bottom