What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

No. The facts written above are the "minimum requirements". And yes, it was offered to be 10 meters longer for missile integration. But after periods of crisis, "many jailed naval officers, economical affects of corruption op...etc." were the actual gamechangers. But Navy plans to purchase F-35B to it's LHD. In fact, that was the reason behind the JSF orders were 100 + 16, instead of 116.

You don't need a ski-jump, catapult or EM take off system at future to operate F-35B. Remember, When the USMC recieved its first squadron of Lightning IIs, they were assigned to USS Wasp which's a USN Wasp-class amphibious assault ship (LHD) that it does not have any take-off assistance systems

Show me a source that states the Turkish Navy plans to order 16 F-35Bs.

American LHDs are over 40,000 tonnes with a 260 meter tempered flight deck. American LHDs also feature heavy aircraft lifts to lift the aircraft from the hangar deck to the flight deck.

The future Turkish LHD will only be 19,000 tonnes with a 200 meter flight deck. Thus far, there is no evidence that it will feature a tempered flight deck or heavy aircraft lifts.

American LHDs are over 40,000 tonnes with a 260 meter tempered flight deck. American LHDs also feature heavy aircraft lifts to lift the aircraft from the hangar deck to the flight deck.

The future Turkish LHD will only be 19,000 tonnes with a 200 meter flight deck. Thus far, there is no evidence that it will feature a tempered flight deck or heavy aircraft lifts.

F35B needs about 170m with maximum weight load. It also doesn't need a ski jump (US has no vessels with ski jumps)

Who shall i believe now ? :what:

you will see it.

Please don't mix it with F-35C. you don't have to have a long hull, heavy displacement of LHDs to operate F-35B. To make it simple for you, Arleigh-Burke class DDGs of USN are capable of carrying two MH-60S Seahawk choppers, apprx. 22 tonnes which's equal to a medium-weight F-35B. So you can even land them on destroyers, and a Arleigh B. is about 11k tonnes. My point is, all you need is a VTOL capable flight deck no matter the lenghth, our ship being a LHD/LPD already comes with a large flight deck, and also elevators capable of lifting 20t, which our LHD will have that too.

Thus far, there is no evidence that it will feature a tempered flight deck or heavy aircraft lifts.

basically, it has to have a heavy aircraft lift, because it'll also have a hospital ship role which makes the ship to be able to host&operate heavy aircraft. In deed, at many NATO naval exercises, US chinooks had landed on several LHDs/LPDs from 18k to 40k tonnes.

you will see it.

Please don't mix it with F-35C. you don't have to have a long hull, heavy displacement of LHDs to operate F-35B. To make it simple for you, Arleigh-Burke class DDGs of USN are capable of carrying two MH-60S Seahawk choppers, apprx. 22 tonnes which's equal to a medium-weight F-35B. So you can even land them on destroyers, and a Arleigh B. is about 11k tonnes. My point is, all you need is a VTOL capable flight deck no matter the lenghth, our ship being a LHD/LPD already comes with a large flight deck, and also elevators capable of lifting 20t, which our LHD will have that too.

basically, it has to have a heavy aircraft lift, because it'll also have a hospital ship role which makes the ship to be able to host&operate heavy aircraft. In deed, at many NATO naval exercises, US chinooks had landed on several LHDs/LPDs from 18k to 40k tonnes.

I want a source that states the Turkish Navy plans on buying 16 F-15Bs. So far you haven't showed me anything. Until you show me a source then everything you say is nothing more than wishful thinking and wild conjecture.

I want a source that states the Turkish Navy plans on buying 16 F-15Bs. So far you haven't showed me anything. Until you show me a source then everything you say is nothing more than wishful thinking and wild conjecture.

i said you will see it...no need to provocate. I basically told you with technicals that it's not like you said...now if you will keep denying or opposing information given by members...find somewhere else please.

please someone pose details of all ships which were pitted for this competition. :-)

We need One more :)

if this is what we are getting; Displacement: 19.000 tons length : 200 m 13 MBT’s, 27 armored amphibious attack vessels, 6 armored personnel carriers, 4 15 ton helicopters on the flight deck and 4 15 ton helicopters in the hangar with no aircraft carrier mode then we need none. without a meaningful air cover what is the meaning of 7000 n. miles range with 13 MBT 27 AAAV & APC anyway may be useful for humanitarian aid or against poor bankrupt Greek's close by islands or Cyprus where it may get an air cover . And a burden for the rest of the navy and Air force.... an expensive asset and a sitting duck without a punch which requires heavy protection

the short take of distance for F 35B with the required internal load (lets say 2 x 1 k JDAM and 2 X AIM 120) + fuel is 600 ft? = 183 m? with ski-jump 450 ft? = 137 m?

may be @gambit and @Chogy may share their opinions with us

since ski-jump is not an option we have a 200 m flat deck and 183??? m short take of distance for F 35B. is it possible or not guys?

Last edited:
you have struggle with USA for source code and trust me they never sell you f35b ,maybe turkry cancel 100 f35a contract because of source code !!

you have struggle with USA for source code and trust me they never sell you f35b ,maybe turkry cancel 100 f35a contract because of source code !!
We are level 3 Partner of JSF Project, they will sell us if we want to buy it.

F-35_potential_purchasers.PNG

PUB_F-35_Industrial_Map_2008_lg.jpg

yes you are level 3 Partner of JSF Project, and they should give you source code but they dont
also you are level 3 Partner of JSF Project, and they should sell you f35b but....

yes you are level 3 Partner of JSF Project, and they should give you source code but they dont
also you are level 3 Partner of JSF Project, and they should sell you f35b but....

Enough of your trollings, permanent thread ban applied.

If LPD will finished in 6 years, TF-2000 will be finished in same time. I don't think that the LPD goes in action without AAW support. What are you think?

If LPD will finished in 6 years, TF-2000 will be finished in same time. I don't think that the LPD goes in action without AAW support. What are you think?
You cant have a battle group without ASW and AAW frigates/destroyers,at least one TF-2000 will be included i guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom