What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

Last edited:
It just writes there but let's point it... Our LHD will have 3MW more power then the original one... Our LHD will have 37MW power while original one has 34MW... So i think our ship will be faster then the original one... Article says diesel engines will be heavier but they will spend less fuel so it provides low cost... Also I think heaviness will not effect so much so if it uses less fuel it may have more range... Article also says maintenance of diesel engines cost more but if we think about 1 type of propulsion it should cost less because i think maintenance of 2 different propulsion(gas turbine+diesel) can cost more... You should be able to make maintenance of 2 different things...

So as author says specifically diesel engine's maintenance can be more expensive the gas turbine but If you think as a whole 1 type maintenance should be cheaper...

Also as our naval officers says original LHD vibrates @ 15 knots which is economical speed, because of gas turbine engine... That vibration makes Spanish naval officers to sail with 18 knots so they can't sail with economical speed... This is another reason for our LHD's range will be more then the original one... BTW our naval officer's report also mentions max. speed of original one is 19 knots again because of the vibration......

Also again in S&H i read that 12 degrees ski-jump provides F-35B to take-off with more load... If there wouldn't be a ski-jump F-35B would be able to take of with 30% MTOW but with ski-jump it's 70%...

Additional to this my personal opinion is, we added ski-jump because even if US doesn't sell F-35B to us we will put jets on it one way or another...

Last edited:
This. Is. Awesome.

I could mastrubate to this news...

Mind if i use your pictures bro?
Birak simdi cenabetligi :taz:

Save your juvenile power for nice Dutch blondies :cheers:

I always claim we need a universal power behind. And there is only one. The. USA others are so called global or regional powers. 2 carriers and we will ecceed Russian sea power

@isoo dude if you remember we talked about propulsion of LHD... And you didn't like the idea changing it... Here is the reason... And Navy want to get 2nd LHD in the following years... :D

Here is a part of LHD article from S&H...

View attachment 243837 View attachment 243838 View attachment 243839 View attachment 243840 View attachment 243841

You follow articles very well :P Eline sağlık.

As long as they have podded propellers, diesel or gas turbine doesnt matter in terms of area allocation. Just the gas turbine would have a smaller area, but if we consider maintenance the diesels will cost less.

Navy doesnt worry about vibrations as i see, the new ship will have structural changes so they may not predict about vibration that fast. Their only worry is gas turbines on a support ship.

1 LHD shakened our enemies, i guess how their reaction will be for 2nd :P

You follow articles very well :P Eline sağlık.

As long as they have podded propellers, diesel or gas turbine doesnt matter in terms of area allocation. Just the gas turbine would have a smaller area, but if we consider maintenance the diesels will cost less.

Navy doesnt worry about vibrations as i see, the new ship will have structural changes so they may not predict about vibration that fast. Their only worry is gas turbines on a support ship.

1 LHD shakened our enemies, i guess how their reaction will be for 2nd :P

I could kiss the decision makers head "thousand times". What a force Comes 2023 ! :welcome:

TF 2000, Milgems, AIP submarines, Attack crafts, Landing Ships and Aircraft Carriers with F-35

Masallah ! Deterrence and moch more :pdf:

I could kiss the decision makers head "thousand times". What a force Comes 2023 ! :welcome:

TF 2000, Milgems, AIP submarines, Attack crafts, Landing Ships and Aircraft Carriers with F-35

Masallah ! Deterrence and moch more :pdf:
have you guys ordered the f35b yet?

have you guys ordered the f35b yet?

We are co-production Partner of the multinational F-35 program and have an Option for 100 + F-35 fighters; composition of models is not finally decided !

More than 8 Turkish Aerospace Companies are involved.

idef__main.jpg

Malatya 7. main TUAF AIRBASE will be the main F-35 base, we have only some disputes cause code sharing!
We can get all models

Nice ship.
Juan Carlos is also a contencontender for Indian LHD tender.
Will be interesting to see that it wins or not.
:pop:

Back
Top Bottom