What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

gavurlar cok sever bu tipleri, hemen kucaklarina alirlar.

siyasi ortaklarinin bir yerine bomba döseniyor ya, stres yapti kuduruyor betonist

Last edited:
gavurlar cok sever bu tipleri, hemen kucaklarina alirlar.

siyasi ortaklarinin bir yerine bomba döseniyor ya, stres yapti kuduruyor betonist
Hoca efendinizi bağırta çağırta siktim ağla amına kodumun piçi

This project shouldn't have taken this long.

Was Turkey going to be able to build an engine and transmission before the Koreans? If the answer is no, then this whole Altay point is moot.

Me personally I don't think Turkey could have developed an engine and transmission before South Korea, which has a strong engine development industry(both civilian and military through hyundia) going back decades, they also have much more experience building and developing tanks, with the K1 and now the K2. And even with all that experience they only recently developed a transmission that matched the Germans, they had a lot of issues with the transmission and it was delayed for them.

The state only has limited resources, it cannot fund everything, all at the same time. Sometimes you have to pick and choose based on what is most crucial, and as you said the tanks weren't the most pressing issue, so they put the money in other engine development of other types.

Me personally I don't think Turkey could have developed an engine and transmission before South Korea, which has a strong engine development industry(both civilian and military through hyundia) going back decades, they also have much more experience building and developing tanks, with the K1 and now the K2.
No, you're thinking wrong. BMC Power's pace of progress proves this to us. It could happen if really wanted.

If it had been planned from the beginning that the engine would also be developed indigenously, tanks using national engines would have been included in the inventory by now. Politically-induced delays in the tender process for mass production also did not help at all.

Anyway, it's over. From now on, we must move to mass production as soon as possible, taking into account the lessons learned from the Ukrainian and Israeli wars.

No, you're thinking wrong. BMC Power's pace of progress proves this to us. It could happen if really wanted.

If it had been planned from the beginning that the engine would also be developed indigenously, tanks using national engines would have been included in the inventory by now. Politically-induced delays in the tender process for mass production also did not help at all.

Anyway, it's over. From now on, we must move to mass production as soon as possible, taking into account the lessons learned from the Ukrainian and Israeli wars.
We'll have to wait until 2025 at the very least, hope there isn't a new war before then, because if there is, get ready to ride those M60E3s and M48A5T2s

Most of our inventory is still this:
5b41e2212296c0b4f3b09ec1e1b9a804.jpg

@LegionnairE

I'm not worried about the lack of tanks in terms of quality and quantity.

What really worries me is the lack of i) AESA radars and ii) jet-powered drones (KE and Anka-3) and iii) Kaan and iv) especially Siper.

I hope we don't get into a war before these come.

@LegionnairE

I'm not worried about the lack of tanks in terms of quality and quantity.

What really worries me is the lack of i) AESA radars and ii) jet-powered drones (KE and Anka-3) and iii) Kaan and iv) especially Siper.

I hope we don't get into a war before these come.
This is a big problem in Turkey, not just on internet but also in the military.

Many soldiers think that tanks are obsolete, ships are obsolete, armored vehicles are obsolete, drones will save the day. This is a big misunderstanding of recent wars.

Ukraine had many TB2s, they lost them all, they were given lots of other drones from other countries. It doesn't matter. They are still begging for Leopard 2s, Abrams M1A1s any tank NATO forces can spare, because tanks are vital to any ground operation.

The things you are talking about aren't a replacement for tanks or ships or anything else. These are apples and oranges.

Where did they go?
In the first day of the war, I predicted that they would all be shot down. But according to this, some are still being used in reconnaissance.

Anybody who is surprised is an idiot. This is high intensity war.

even TB2 is expendable , no surprise to shot down most of them.

The risk of War is just with Greece

Current Tank fleet is so huge for Military operations in Syria
We needs only more PULAT and AKKOR active protection Systems

Greek Army has only 170 Leopard2A6 and 180 Leopard2A4 Tanks

Turkish Army 440 modernized Tanks ( 160 M60TM FIRAT and 280 Leopard2 ) will be enough until the first 250 ALTAY Tanks enter service

1696848236996.jpeg

1696848115172.png

even Turkiye has 300 UCAVs which can turn 350 Greek Leopard2 Tanks into scrap of metal in a couple of days ....(Enemy Forces can not enter Turkiye)

and Turkiye is not weak Ukraine
Turkiye has strong Air Force with 234 F-16s and 4 Boeing E-7T AEWC to protect UCAVs
also HISAR-O , S400 and very soon SIPER Air Defense Systems to protect UCAVs

Last edited:

I have yet to see the powerpack in production on firtina, so i don't know how mass production will be and if there won't be any hiccups. besides the performance for the tank is a bit harder to achieve, you can get away with a substandard engine on a Howitzer, its much harder on a tank.

It doesn't make sense to me to be honest. unless Turkey has some magical engineers that South Korea doesn't have, idk how Turkey would beat the Koreans to mass production of the transmission. Just this year the Koreans fixed their transmission problem. And the SNT Transmission is supposed to go into production next year for Korea, and some people still saying that its not as good as RENK, that Korea lowered the criteria to pass the transmission. And I'm supposed to just assume the Turkish transmission would have been finished and in mass production before Korea?

taking into account the lessons learned from the Ukrainian and Israeli wars.

low cost UAVs dropping munitions onto tanks are a nightmare. Everyone was making fun of the russians for Cope Cages, now suddenly we are seeing Ukrainian Challenger tanks with these things. lol, not sure how countering will work, APS systems don't seem to do well either, we recently saw Trophy Merkhava IVs getting fried by cheap drones. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom