What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Yes if you are outside... And I never said those outside will die... quite the opposite...
But I was speaking about the crew Inside.

In mountainous area, the distance btw the ATGM and The target is very short, few hundred meters to 1km+.
Meaning any way to "evade" from it is not possible when "Inside" the tank. Whatever you use Smoke or not...
Think again about the smoke.

Think again about the smoke.
In flat terrain, while moving yes...
Not in Mountainous area... when the distance from ATGM-Target is very short... No when the tank is already "stopped"... etc...
Short distance mean less time to react... like previously...where you get a mere 6sec... I can't start and move a meter with my own bike in 6sec... let alone doing an evasive maneuver with a tank who is already stopped and with restricted area of maneuverability.

In flat lands... ATGM are fired at 2km-3km+... meaning btw locking and strike you have almost 20-25+ sec to engage an evasive maneuver. (SMoke+Evade) or (Leaving your tank)

In flat terrain, while moving yes...
Not in Mountainous area... when the distance from ATGM-Target is very short... No when the tank is already "stopped"... etc...

In flat lands... ATGM are fired at 2km-3km+... meaning btw locking and strike you have almost 20-25+ sec to engage a evasive maneuver. (SMoke+Evade) or (Leaving your tank)
Even 5-10 meters or even lesser maneuver is enough and can be critical. The guy would not know where the tank exactly is in that smoke so the chance for miss is raising a lot. Its not 100% guarantee but it can be critical. I think that one good trained and experienced crew have a good chance in escaping the missile thanks to this system. Also not all of Afrin is mountainous.

Even 5-10 meters or even lesser maneuver is enough and can be critical. The guy would not know where the tank exactly is in that smoke so the chance for miss is raising a lot. Its not 100% guarantee but it can be critical. I think that one good trained and experienced crew have a good chance in escaping the missile thanks to this system. Also not all of Afrin is mountainous.

Current geography is.
Flat terrain is another subject...but as of "right now" TSK is operating in "mountainous area"

More they get toward Afrin city, flatter it will be.

And you can't start and move 5-10 meters a tank in 6sec... you just can't, but who knows, maybe they can.

But I was speaking about the crew Inside.

We're talking about the infantry around the tank. The smoke grenades are to protect the tank. It's not just grenades either - the turret will automatically turn to face the ATGM so that it will hit the area with maximum armour. Until Akkor or the Ukrainian APS is ready, it should be good enough.

6x6x6 drive could enhance off-road mobility of Kirpi’s like Finnish PMPV or like French Titus.

PMPV
IMG_4910.JPG

TİTUS
IMG_4911.JPG

My God! What a f@cking ugly vehicles are those!
They look capable to me . Titus doesn't even have a crane up front, perhaps it doesn't need it :)

PMPV doesn't even have a grill up front, how is the engine cooled? curious

They look capable to me . Titus doesn't even have a crane up front, perhaps it doesn't need it :)

PMPV doesn't even have a grill up front, how is the engine cooled? curious

PMPV said to be an amphibious MRAP

PMPV said to be an amphibious MRAP
That sounds too incredible to believe, MRAPs are usually heavy vehicles not suited for amphibious use. In other words they would sink like bricks. Must be light. Engine probably doesn't heat that much because of that

Sounds like the emphasis was on mobility not armor protection.

Sooon you will made me banned:)

What about 6x6 IFV90mm guns against light terorists objects in Syria?

nowadays French VBC-90 and Japanese Type 87 RAV are my favored vehicle for syria.
Both of them nearly weight 15 tons.
They have enough armour and maneuvrability for terrorists.
Today there are also some 90mm laser guided ammunitions.

At least in western cities we could leave this vehicles to secure, we could send all tanks and IFVs to south eastern. VBC 90 perfectly subtitutes duty of tanks in the western cities. VBC-90 lenghts just 5,50m.

I cant imagine another fighting land vehicle which can suit more than VBC-90 syrian war.
Just my imagine.
vbc%2090%2008.jpg

6844-0275%2001.jpg

6834-0261%20austerlitz%20n200%2002%20suippes%20photo%20pierre%20duperoux.jpg

renault-vbc-90-05.jpg

6844-0268%2003%20athis%20photo%20f%20cany.jpg

big-4508185c3c.jpg

6844-0276%2001%20sissonne%20photo%20pierre%20duperoux.jpg

vbc%2090%2004%20st%20menehould.jpg

6834-0261%20austerlitz%20n200%2003.jpg

Sooon you will made me banned:)

What about 6x6 IFV90mm guns against light terorists objects in Syria?

nowadays French VBC-90 and Japanese Type 87 RAV are my favored vehicle for syria.
Both of them nearly weight 15 tons.
They have enough armour and maneuvrability for terrorists.
Today there are also some 90mm laser guided ammunitions.

At least in western cities we could leave this vehicles to secure, we could send all tanks and IFVs to south eastern. VBC 90 perfectly subtitutes duty of tanks in the western cities. VBC-90 lenghts just 5,50m.

I cant imagine another fighting land vehicle which can suit more than VBC-90 syrian war.
Just my imagine.
vbc%2090%2008.jpg

6844-0275%2001.jpg

6834-0261%20austerlitz%20n200%2002%20suippes%20photo%20pierre%20duperoux.jpg

renault-vbc-90-05.jpg

6844-0268%2003%20athis%20photo%20f%20cany.jpg

big-4508185c3c.jpg

6844-0276%2001%20sissonne%20photo%20pierre%20duperoux.jpg

vbc%2090%2004%20st%20menehould.jpg

6834-0261%20austerlitz%20n200%2003.jpg

cool but I want the turret unmanned, and I want the ammunition contained within the turret. So if the ammo rack gets hit, the crew can survive. I don't want the crew to sit next to ammo.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom