What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Its far from nothing. Such alarming system can save a lot of lives of infantry guys.
If it's making sound at the moment the ATGM is fired otherwise... I can't see how in few seconds you can escape from it....
As you can see... the majority of ATGM fire only last around 5-10 secs...
So let's say..;you get the sound at mid course... 3-5 secs...to run... is nothing... if you are inside... you mostly dead...and those around...will have a good chance to stay alive.

Last edited:
If it's making sound at the moment the ATGM is fired otherwise... I can't see how in few seconds you can escape from it....
As you can see... the majority of ATGM fire only last around 7-10 secs...
So let's say..;you get the sound at mid course... 3-5 secs...to run... is nothing... if you are inside... you mostly dead...and those around...will have a good chance to stay alive.
You can atleast hit the deck.

The alarm will sound when the ATGM has locked the guidance laser onto the tank, which happens when it's fired. Plenty of time for infantry to move away from the tank.

You can atleast hit the deck.
Well... just to get out of the turret...you need at least 7-10 sec...that is if the hatch is already open and you are alone inside...
Otherwise...in normal situation... You have another guy inside...that will need to get out...open the Hatch, climb and then jump..."Far enough"... in this scenario...you need 15-17sec...

The alarm will sound when the ATGM has locked the guidance laser onto the tank, which happens when it's fired. Plenty of time for infantry to move away from the tank.
Here one from yesterday...
Locking at 0:10 -- Touch 0:16
If you can get out of your tank... in 6 sec...then Congrats... other don't... with other crew+Hatch closed... you can't in 6sec ... even being alone and hatch open... 6 sec is not possible to evade the strike.

ps: title is shitty...but couldn't find another version.

it's for people around. Even if APS stops the missile there's going to be a blast outside the tank. That could be lethal.

Reaction time depends on the missile and the range it's fired from. Israeli spike has notoriously long range variants for example. That would take a while to hit.

it's for people around. Even if APS stops the missile there's going to be a blast outside the tank. That could be lethal.

Reaction time depends on the missile and the range it's fired from. Israeli spike has notoriously long range variants for example. That would take a while to hit.

Well... they will be used in Afrin...against YPG ATGMs...who are mostly fired at short range ( 5-10 sec to hit)
And APS, are not yet installed on Afrin's M60.

So, as of today, this warning, is mostly meant to keep alive, those "present ON or NEAR" the tank. Those inside, will not escape from it.

And the next Q, is How many are equipped of such sys...

Well... they will be used in Afrin...against YPG ATGMs...who are mostly fired at short range ( 5-10 sec to hit)
And APS, are not yet installed on Afrin's M60.

So, as of today, this warning, is mostly meant to keep alive, those "present ON or NEAR" the tank. Those inside, will not escape from it.
For those inside there is another warning system. That warning system is meant for the ones outside the tank.

For those inside there is another warning system. That warning system is meant for the ones outside the tank.
Well...the one inside...will not change anything... it will "alert" as fast as the one outside... Therefore ...all conditions stay the same.

We saw it with previous Tank getting striked...

The only defence against such threat is Hard Kill... No warning is "good" enough to keep you alive, even less when you are "already" inside.

Well... just to get out of the turret...you need at least 7-10 sec...that is if the hatch is already open and you are alone inside...
Otherwise...in normal situation... You have another guy inside...that will need to get out...open the Hatch, climb and then jump..."Far enough"... in this scenario...you need 15-17sec...

Here one from yesterday...
Locking at 0:10 -- Touch 0:16
If you can get out of your tank... in 6 sec...then Congrats... other don't... with other crew+Hatch closed... you can't in 6sec ... even being alone and hatch open... 6 sec is not possible to evade the strike.

ps: title is shitty...but couldn't find another version.
In that video you posted if there was possible tank crew the time was enough to activate the smoke dispensers and make the tank moving.

In that video you posted if there was possible tank crew the time was enough to activate the smoke dispensers and make the tank moving.
No, it will not have the time to move... you don't move away a tank in 6 sec...
Previous destroyed tanks didn't have the time...

No, it will not have the time to move... you don't move in 6 sec a Tank...
Previous destroyed tanks didn't have the time...
Did the previous destroyed tanks had laser warning systems and also if I am outside the tank in 6 seconds I can run close to 50 meters without counting the adrenaline boost :D .

Did the previous destroyed tanks had laser warning systems and also if I am outside the tank in 6 seconds I can run close to 50 meters without counting the adrenaline boost :D .
Yes if you are outside... And I never said those outside will die... quite the opposite...
But I was speaking about the crew Inside.

In mountainous area, the distance btw the ATGM and The target is very short, few hundred meters to 1km+.
Meaning any way to "evade" from it is not possible when "Inside" the tank. Whatever you use Smoke or not...

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom