What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Overpriced European junk.just like NH-90 and Tiger helicopter.
Just my 2 cents
An-70 in every way much better

Wtf that bird is huge
C5 Galaxy is even bigger.

Lockheed_C-5_Galaxy_vs_Boeing_C-17_Globemaster_Size.jpg

So if we want to be game player in our region we have to buy something like this.

donadoll-1024x429.jpg

Overpriced European junk.just like NH-90 and Tiger helicopter.
Just my 2 cents
An-70 in every way much better

I think this is an eye opener for our armed forces, there's still so many gaps that have to be filled before plays can be made out of our region.. We are building LHD but do not have proper heavy lift capabilities..

In what way(s)? Please explain.

Ok,you know the saying too many cooks çorbanın ağzına ediyor?
All of these projects were more political projects then military projects!
The A400 is too over engineered! The final assembly in Spain by ex Casa now Airbus was one of the biggest mistakes. Remember we had to teach them what quality control is when producing the CN-235.
The price of the A400 will rise even more and delivery is way behind schedule.Airbus cried because of this project because they make a loss $$$$$. Spare part delivery is way behind schedule and because of this availability is rather low. Engine problems still not completely solved.the technical data compared to An-70 ,especially price and performance,the A400 is a looser in my eyes!
The Tiger? Ask the Australians. They are even thinking about retiring them! Eurocopter promised all the capabilities to win the order but still not implemented! The Australians hate the Tiger!Same problem as the A400. Just ask uncle google!
The NH-90? Much too late delivery and the naval version is even rusting away considering that it's made out of carbon fibre??!!Here again I advise you to ask google amca!
Engine problems with all these projects- again just ask google Amca'ya!
While we are at it! The EF-2000?
A German EF pilot ex Phantom pilot said
' with the Phantom we could fly no matter how the weather was
But the EF is just Schönwetter ( nice weather) airplane.
The flight per hour cost is astronomical and if you want to have the latest capabilities you have to invest $$$$$
Ask this time the Austrians!

So yes I call all these projects dandik!
European projects are just job creations
Overpriced over engineered and way behind schedule,delivery and capability wise
Just my 2 kuruş

The A400 is too over engineered! The final assembly in Spain by ex Casa now Airbus was one of the biggest mistakes. Remember we had to teach them what quality control is when producing the CN-235.
The price of the A400 will rise even more and delivery is way behind schedule.Airbus cried because of this project because they make a loss $$$$$. Spare part delivery is way behind schedule and because of this availability is rather low. Engine problems still not completely solved.the technical data compared to An-70 ,especially price and performance,the A400 is a looser in my eyes!
And how can you compare A400 production and product support with that of AN-70, when of the latter only 2 prototypes have been produced....?

The Tiger? Ask the Australians. They are even thinking about retiring them! Eurocopter promised all the capabilities to win the order but still not implemented! The Australians hate the Tiger!Same problem as the A400. Just ask uncle google!
The Tiger ARH (Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter) is the version ordered by the Australian Army to replace its OH-58 Kiowas and UH-1 Iroquois-based 'Bushranger' gunships. The Tiger ARH is a modified and upgraded version of the Tiger HAP with upgraded MTR390 engines as well as a laser designator incorporated in the Strix sight for the firing of Hellfire II air-to-ground missiles. Instead of SNEB unguided rockets, the ARH will use 70 mm (2.75 in) rockets from Belgian developer, Forges de Zeebrugge (FZ). Twenty-two of the variant were ordered in December 2001. Most of the helicopters will be operated by the 1st Aviation Regiment based at Robertson Barracks in Darwin. The helicopter was shipped to Australia in part form and locally assembled at Brisbane Airport by Australia Aerospace.

The first two ARH helicopters were delivered to Australia on 15 December 2004. ARH deliveries were to be completed by June 2010 with Full operating capability planned for December 2011.
In 2012 after three incidents with cockpit fumes that endangered aircrew, pilots voted to not fly until all safety concerns were addressed.
In August 2014, the Australian Defence Force and BAE Systems Australia successfully trialled the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System laser guidance kit for use with the ARH's 70mm FZ unguided rockets.

The 2016 Australian Defence White Paper stated that the Tiger helicopters will be replaced with other armed reconnaissance aircraft in the mid 2020s. Issues cited include lack of commonality with the other Tiger variants, high maintenance cost of the engines and the shipping time of sending parts to Europe for repair and reconditioning.

The Australian Army's Tiger ARHs reached their final operating capability on 18 April 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_Tiger#Tiger_ARH
If those are the key issues, I seriously wonrder why Australia insisted on modification of their Tigers in the first place. High maintenance costs of the engines is unspecified here, but apparently other Tiger users do not have a similar issue, so imho that relates back to why different engines to being with. Shipping time and sending parts to Europe for repair and reconditions is inherent when you select a foreign built machine and don't have a local industry that can to that job (well enough) but it's not an issue to do with the design and functioning of the machine.

The NH-90? Much too late delivery and the naval version is even rusting away considering that it's made out of carbon fibre??!!Here again I advise you to ask google amca!
Engine problems with all these projects- again just ask google Amca'ya!
Here in NL, our navy has 20 NH90, 12 NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH) and eight transport version of the NATO Frigate Helicopter (TNFH) for Marine Corps Air Lift Helicopter Squadron. In 2010, the Royal Netherlands Navy became the first customer to receive the NFH variant.
In 2009, concerns surfaced that design changes had made the helicopter too heavy to operate from Dutch frigates for which they were ordered. At present they are operated without problem from large LCF Zeven Provincien class, smaller M-frigate Doorman class and similarly sized Holland class OPVs.

I guess we just hoisted these aboard then ...
stockholmnlmarine141011022558marcelburger.jpg

nh902.jpg

588_840_2.jpg

In June 2014, the Dutch government decided not to accept the last batch of 7 NH90s due to some 100 shortcomings found in relation to the design, manufacturing and material choice of the aircraft, in particular corrosion in the presence of salt water. In December 2014, NH90 deliveries restarted after the Dutch government came to an agreement with the manufacturer, under which modifications and necessary repairs against corrosion would be made at the manufacturer's cost; 75 of the 100 shortcomings were also reported as having been solved.
So that's 75% issues solved for just a sx month delay, and the helicopters have been operated succesfully since.

While we are at it! The EF-2000?
A German EF pilot ex Phantom pilot said
' with the Phantom we could fly no matter how the weather was
But the EF is just Schönwetter ( nice weather) airplane.
The flight per hour cost is astronomical and if you want to have the latest capabilities you have to invest $$$$$
Ask this time the Austrians!
And WHICH specific Typhoon is the German pilot talking about AT WHAT TIME (there are 3 tranches in Germand service. Tranches are further divided up into production standard/capability blocks and funding/procurement batches, though these do not coincide, and are not the same thing).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurofighter_Typhoon_variants#Series_production_aircraft

The German Air Force retired its last F-4Fs on 29 June 2013.

Please explain how exactly weather supposedly made Typhoon a clearweather only aircraft. These below, for example, seem to have no problem with operating in the rain on an overcast and cloudy day ...

4.jpg

24162312742_bd1aba57be_b.jpg

The Austrians wanted a first row seat for a dime and got Tranche 1 aircraft. Perhaps they should have taken Gripen from the start, like many of their Eastern European neighbours. Would have been logical choice, considering how long they used the Saab Draken before....

So yes I call all these projects dandik!
European projects are just job creations
Overpriced over engineered and way behind schedule,delivery and capability wise
Just my 2 kuruş
Indeed.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom