What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

İ didn't compare the support of A400 with AN-70 just the capabilities of both,in which the AN-70has the clear edge!
Still Airbus revealed that the price is again to rise for the A400! And still it's clearly overpriced. And spare part is still relevant!
Well officially the tiger is good, but unofficially it's hated. No politician would say we made a mistake by ordering the tiger!
Just ask uncle Google
Final operating capability 2016 and replacement 2020? Hmm?!
And NHL-90 planned delivery and actual delivery........ way behind schedule!!!! Problems aside!
EF
It's like using a Ferrari going shopping to BIM or Aldi or whatever mall you like
And wondering why it's so expensive to drive with a Ferrari and servicing the same car
I hope you get my point
So summarising
Do you know how much money has been spent and have to be spent just to get these Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen operational?!?
The USA is also known to waste billions in projects but at least
They press the brake
With the motto ' besser ein Ende mit schrecken als ein schrecken ohne ende but the European they just continue to waste money. Now think about it if Antonow would have that financial help?
So yes European projects
Overpriced over engineered
With political agenda instead of what the armed forces really need
Again my 2 kuruş

Last edited:
Kirpi MRAP's new IED detection & disposal variant is expected enter into service by 2018.

IMG_4201.JPG

Is there some kind of radar there? I mean can it see the IED if its underground?

I am not sure but there are some solutions.

Metal detectors might be used but will not be effective. They do not detect explosives and at these days every terorist organisation is aware of not using metals for IEDs.

Most effective solution about explosive detection is using nuclear quadrupole resonance detection. With this technique you can detect every kind of solid with precision and you can even calculate estimate mass of that solid to a degree.

It has cons and pros.

Pros are you can detect materials by their crystal structure, that means you can say "That is TNT and RDX mix" or you can say "There is a lot of gunpowder". You can detect things below concrete and rocks. And even you can detect type of rock depending on the database of signal analysis of detecktion system. About detectin; it works like any optical spectrometric detection system; once you have the data of diffirent materials you can detect everything and differantiate diffirent materials with software part of the system because every material have its own unique NQR

Cons are a lot. It does not have high range, but this is not a problem with a system like that(look at kirpi footage). It is high tech, used materials to build this are expensive and it spends a lot of energy. Energy is not a problem with a big vehicle with a powerful engine like kirpi. And the biggest cons are that NQR systems do not detect liquid and gas materials. They only detect solids.

I am not sure but there are some solutions.

Metal detectors might be used but will not be effective. They do not detect explosives and at these days every terorist organisation is aware of not using metals for IEDs.

Most effective solution about explosive detection is using nuclear quadrupole resonance detection. With this technique you can detect every kind of solid with precision and you can even calculate estimate mass of that solid to a degree.

It has cons and pros.

Pros are you can detect materials by their crystal structure, that means you can say "That is TNT and RDX mix" or you can say "There is a lot of gunpowder". You can detect things below concrete and rocks. And even you can detect type of rock depending on the database of signal analysis of detecktion system. About detectin; it works like any optical spectrometric detection system; once you have the data of diffirent materials you can detect everything and differantiate diffirent materials with software part of the system because every material have its own unique NQR

Cons are a lot. It does not have high range, but this is not a problem with a system like that(look at kirpi footage). It is high tech, used materials to build this are expensive and it spends a lot of energy. Energy is not a problem with a big vehicle with a powerful engine like kirpi. And the biggest cons are that NQR systems do not detect liquid and gas materials. They only detect solids.
Thank you for the information. Do you know what detection system this variant of Kiripi is using?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom