What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

I'm sure that everyone here has seen Boston Dynamics' robot videos on YouTube. They are developing robots that have AI capabilities to scan and analyze the terrain to walk either straight or on 4 legs.

So, they are currently collaborating with US Army to develop a 4 legged horse-like robot to carry tons of ammunitions, weapons, rations etc. with small squads on uneven terrain. They can be programmed to either follow a certain person, a leader or someone can just use it through a remote. The machine takes care of itself. When it falls, it gets up and when it is hit, it can balance itself out. It can also analyze the area simultaneously to calculate where to put its next step. You can see how it is below. Its new generation can operate on batteries alone and I'm guessing that in a year or two, they will be able to make it operational for hours. These things can carry so much and if you make them bulletproof, they can act as mobile shields. If you actually put a turret on top (or perhaps right inside it in the future), it could act like a mobile ATGM, minigun etc. carrier. It could travel with a squad and then just instantly bolster itself onto the ground to turn into a fully operational ATGM. If you put a heavy machine gun on top, its self-leveling system could balance the recoil to offer a highly stable weapon. If things came to that, it could even be used to run inside a building an explode itself.

So my question is, do we have any similar projects? I saw the rubber tracked mini tanks. But those are like it says, "rubber tracked". They don't offer much in forests, on mountains, mud etc. Moving like an animal or even like a human, gives a great advantage to an equipment.

Istanbul Technical University (ITU) developed the Early Diagnosis and Imaging System for Ambulances (KASK).

76BQrm.jpg

http://aa.com.tr/tr/bilim-teknoloji/kaskla-beyin-hasarlari-ambulansta-tespit-edilebilecek/1071058

AYAMATEK Makina developed the Turkey's & Europe's largest 5-axis CNC milling machine.

JQVWgB.jpg

Garanti Apparel Composites Technology Industry

http://www.garantigiyim.com/home

Back
Top Bottom