What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

Nickel Cadmium Fiber Batteries produced by ASPİLSAN

Murat Kaan, Director of Aviation and Rail Systems of ASPİLSAN, said in the statement that since 1981 they have produced single nickel cadmium aircraft / helicopter batteries in the country. Stating that they have a serious experience arising from this production, Kaan stated that they also took action to produce rail systems batteries.

Designed by ASPİLSAN and appropriate standards produced by meeting, also carrying a first attribute rail vehicle batteries in Turkey (Rolling stock batteries), for the first time in Kayseri Transportation A.Ş. Kaan said they tested vehicles, the battery in terms of reliability and performance Approved, ASPİLSAN Energy Rail System Vehicle Batteries used in the rail system market, tram, metro, high speed train etc. He said it can be used in all vehicles.

Stating that they have been carrying out R&D activities for about 3 years on battery, Kaan said that we developed the more preferred nickel fiber cadmium technique in rail systems and that the developed product has a serious market share and they set out to fill the gap in the market share of countries such as Germany, France and China. .

Stating that there is a battery that will compete with its competitors in terms of capacity and performance at the point of technology, Kaan also has a more advantageous product in terms of price and performance. We will take it to a better level when we start mass production. Fiber Ni-Cd batteries, has the distinction of being the first rail vehicle batteries designed and manufactured by ASPİLSAN in Turkey. After that, we want to translate this work into mass production. There is a market that reaches about 1 billion dollars and he said that we will succeed first.

thumbs_b_c_5d41366f221e7c4084dc947fd5971547.jpg

The "thin section" bearings manufactured by the company that exports its products to 25 countries in Eskişehir are mainly used in the defense industry.

Harun Adıgüzel, Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, told the AA reporter that the idea of producing bearings emerged at the incubation center in Germany, and their names came from here.

Adıgüzel explained that they established a facility in Eskişehir Organized Industrial Zone with 100 percent domestic capital in 2013.

He explained that they sent the bearings they produced for the automotive sector, tractors, heavy vehicles and agricultural machinery to 25 countries including Germany, Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Algeria, Morocco, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan.
Adıgüzel, "As Das Lager Germany, we are producing high-tech products with 150 employees. By establishing an R&D center in Eskişehir, we have started our engineers to make our own designs. Training people is one of our most important goals." said.

Adıgüzel stated that they produced the "thin section" type of the bearings, which he described as a strategic product.

They operate in a sector that want high-tech touches on Adıgüzel, "Turkey is used in engineers and we produce with local and national facility by the workers of Turkey's first thin-walled defense industry bearing in the military field or bench that will require some very high tech. Has several dimensions.
Not all bearing manufacturers usually produce this because it is difficult to manufacture. It is important because we produce a tough job and a critical material. "
"Let's be local, let's produce ourselves and use our own products"
Adıgüzel stated that, in countries that want to prevent economic, military and industrial development in international relations, an embargo can be applied from time to time.

Stating that bearing can also be evaluated within this framework, Adıgüzel continued as follows:

"They don't sell or send them to you. So you can't make, produce, or even use the product you want. Neither your plane, your train nor your car is running.
The bearing is also such a critical high-tech product. We are doing this. At the same time, we want to prevent foreign dependence by producing these products, which are few in the world, in our country.

Let's be local, let's produce ourselves and use our own products.

There are circulars of the Presidency on this issue. There are domestic product instructions for use. In this respect, we adapt ourselves to this and produce products. "

Harun Adıgüzel emphasized that studies such as engineering, entrepreneurship and R&D are important.

Pointing out that the main added value of the business is engineering, R&D and technological competence even if production is made, Adıgüzel said:

"Here, money, factory does not matter, what matters is the accumulation of knowledge, experience, and activation of production based on this experience. Thank God, there is enough in our country.
There are people like us and they produce, they try to produce. We want it to be completely local and national. The reason is that when you are dependent on the outside, our planes could not fly because there was no bearing in the Cyprus landing.
In order not to experience the same thing today, we need to be able to produce all kinds of critical products, including bearings. As we see the developments in this direction, especially in the defense industry, we are extremely happy. There are imported lobbies and local collaborators and they do not want production, they want foreign dependency and sweet profits to continue, but our duty is to produce national and local originals. "
https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/bilim-tekn...nayisine-ince-cidarli-rulman-uretiyor/1877294

I always wonder how they calculate "domesticness". Bayraktar said It will be 80 percent domestic. What does that mean? For every 100$ we use 80$ domestic product or for every 100 piece we use 80 domestic piece? Great achivement btw

Yüzde 80 yerli derken 100 liralık parçanın 80 lirası mı yerli, yoksa 100 parça sistemin 80 parçası mı yerli?

Best case 80% of the value, worst case 80% of the parts. I think in most cases its the latter. See for example our engine problems.

I always wonder how they calculate "domesticness". Bayraktar said It will be 80 percent domestic. What does that mean? For every 100$ we use 80$ domestic product or for every 100 piece we use 80 domestic piece? Great achivement btw

Yüzde 80 yerli derken 100 liralık parçanın 80 lirası mı yerli, yoksa 100 parça sistemin 80 parçası mı yerli?
I'm sure they calculate it according to the production price. Ismail Demir was asked about the 65% domestic in the military industry and how they calculated it, and he replied they looked at the price if I recall correctly.

According to this: https://hukukdestegi.com/tr/2016/09/05/yerli-mali-katki-orani-nasil-hesaplanir/
Domestisticity is calculated by costs of the goods (uretilen urunun maliyeti). It makes sense to calculate the costs otherwise you don't get a correct picture of how domestic a finished product is.

Could be good news for Turkey, if the government adopts the rights measures, i.e. not jailing people for thinking and saying their opinions:

There might be a big wave of Turkish scientists leaving the US, if Trumps decision is not revoked by the next US government.

In what world is 9 years for a tweet just?
It depends on the content of the tweet to be honest. Now I don't know what was written in the actual tweet or tweets themselves, but Twitter and other social media can be used as an effective way for propaganda and provokations.

Most recent example is how social media including twitter is being used in the mass protests in the US. We can not underestimate the power of social media regarding misinformation, provokations or other ways of manipulating people. ISIS for instance was able to recruit thousands from various parts of the world through social media.

Social media is another layer of war. Normally you have land, air, ground and sea. But recent times added electronic and information warfare to this. Twitter and other social media is also a war ground and it is not to be underestimeted. From what I can tell Turkey does have a good effort in combating this, but it is still a soft belly for the country. Those FETO guys from abroad are tweeting all sorts of nonsense daily which can have a cumulative effect on the psyche of people (which is their goal with these tweets). The human mind is very fragile like that.

Is 9 years to much for a few tweets? I don't know, it could be but it could also be too little. I have to read the tweets in question to be the judge myself and need to have knowledge on what grounds (which articles from which law-book). But according to the article she was tried for: “insulting the President and spreading terrorist propaganda.” This is a pretty serious accusation and not te be underestimated.

Yes, even the 'insulting the president' is a serious offense and here is why: The failed coup a couple of years back, it was known that a coup d'etat is a bad thing for a democracy right? So you need a good excuse to justify a coup in this case. That good excuse is "Erdogan is a dictator, bad man, etc". You plant this sentiment by persistantly badmouthing him and even instulting him. This has a cumulative effect and eventually it changes peoples minds or at the very least stay impatial and tolerate a coup, and yes not everyone's opinions are changed and that is not their goal. Their goal is to change enough people's minds so that resistance is low. (we gave a standing ovation to the coup in 1980 due to the effectiveness of the perception management and propaganda prior to the event. People cheering for something against their own interests, that is how dangerous propaganda and perception management can be)

I noticed that western media started putting Erdogan in a bad spotlight since 2011 or 2012. And usually this happens when the US in particular is looking for a regime change in a country. That is why certain people are called dictators etc, while other leaders are completely ignored even though they actually deserve the title (because those other leaders are tolerated). Media doing character assassinations like this usually signal bad things to come, in Turkey's case it was the Gezi protests, 17 aralik, failed coup d'etat, currency speculations and it is still somewhat ongoing. They attack whichever soft spot they can find. This doenst happen to just Erdogan by they way, but other world leaders and countries too.We know it was the west behind the failed coup because of them consistantly harboring Turkey's enemies (FETO, PKK) and how the coup and aftermath was depicted as in their media.

This also happens internally in Turkey too (because the political level in Turkey is low, the rhetoric is at least), they are very much like the US in that regard (republicans vs democrats, CNN vs Fox etc). You see daily manipulations from regular media and journalist (let alone what happens on social media) to influence our opinions. Tweezing a quote from a speech to manipulate, while the speech itself was not even about what they spinned it too. Or putting a spin on certain events in order to make a certain person or party look bad. Politicians themselves are even guilty of this in their own speeches sometimes. This happens in all parts of the political spectrum, I am not singling out a certain group of political entities/media here. They are all doing it (some worse than others, while some are at least trying to be objective, which I appreciate). That is why we hear, the words 'corrupt', 'traitor' and stuff like this on the daily. This isn't what a healthy political sphere is supposed to look like. Imagine Ronaldo and Messi, they want to become the best footballer in the world. Instead of training to become the best, they are looking to injure eachother and take him out so that the other one becomes the best by default. Sadly this is the state of business in Turkish politics and media by extension, and has been like this for decades now. I do sometimes see a shimmer of high level politics shining through or occasionally critisize this issue, which does make me optmistic at times suggesting that they are aware of this problem, but for now the status quo is low level politics/media.

Edit: @cabatli_53 I see the quotes I replied to are moved or deleted. Do it for this post too please.

Last edited:
It depends on the content of the tweet to be honest. Now I don't know what was written in the actual tweet or tweets themselves, but Twitter and other social media can be used as an effective way for propaganda and provokations.

Most recent example is how social media including twitter is being used in the mass protests in the US. We can not underestimate the power of social media regarding misinformation, provokations or other ways of manipulating people. ISIS for instance was able to recruit thousands from various parts of the world through social media.

Social media is another layer of war. Normally you have land, air, ground and sea. But recent times added electronic and information warfare to this. Twitter and other social media is also a war ground and it is not to be underestimeted. From what I can tell Turkey does have a good effort in combating this, but it is still a soft belly for the country. Those FETO guys from abroad are tweeting all sorts of nonsense daily which can have a cumulative effect on the psyche of people (which is their goal with these tweets). The human mind is very fragile like that.

Is 9 years to much for a few tweets? I don't know, it could be but it could also be too little. I have to read the tweets in question to be the judge myself and need to have knowledge on what grounds (which articles from which law-book). But according to the article she was tried for: “insulting the President and spreading terrorist propaganda.” This is a pretty serious accusation and not te be underestimated.

Yes, even the 'insulting the president' is a serious offense and here is why: The failed coup a couple of years back, it was known that a coup d'etat is a bad thing for a democracy right? So you need a good excuse to justify a coup in this case. That good excuse is "Erdogan is a dictator, bad man, etc". You plant this sentiment by persistantly badmouthing him and even instulting him. This has a cumulative effect and eventually it changes peoples minds or at the very least stay impatial and tolerate a coup, and yes not everyone's opinions are changed and that is not their goal. Their goal is to change enough people's minds so that resistance is low.

I noticed that western media started putting Erdogan in a bad spotlight since 2011 or 2012. And usually this happens when the US in particular is looking for a regime change in a country. That is why certain people are called dictators etc, while other leaders are completely ignored even though they actually deserve the title (because those other leaders are tolerated). Media doing character assassinations like this usually signal bad things to come, in Turkey's case it was the Gezi protests, 17 aralik, failed coup d'etat, currency speculations and it is still somewhat ongoing. They attack whichever soft spot they can find. This doenst happen to just Erdogan by they way, but other world leaders and countries too.We know it was the west behind the failed coup because of them consistantly harboring Turkey's enemies (FETO, PKK) and how the coup and aftermath was depicted as in their media.

This also happens internally in Turkey too (because the political level in Turkey is low, the rhetoric is at least), they are very much like the US in that regard (republicans vs democrats, CNN vs Fox etc). You see daily manipulations from regular media and journalist (let alone what happens on social media) to influence our opinions. Tweezing a quote from a speech to manipulate, while the speech itself was not even about what they spinned it too. Or putting a spin on certain events in order to make a certain person or party look bad. Politicians themselves are even guilty of this in their own speeches sometimes. This happens in all parts of the political spectrum, I am not singling out a certain group of political entities/media here. They are all doing it (some worse than others, while some are at least trying to be objective, which I appreciate). That is why we hear, the words 'corrupt', 'traitor' and stuff like this on the daily. This isn't what a healthy political sphere is supposed to look like. Imagine Ronaldo and Messi, they want to become the best footballer in the world. Instead of training to become the best, they are looking to injure eachother and take him out so that the other one becomes the best by default. Sadly this is the state of business in Turkish politics and media by extension, and has been like this for decades now. I do sometimes see a shimmer of high level politics shining through or occasionally critisize this issue, which does make me optmistic at times suggesting that they are aware of this problem, but for now the status quo is low level politics/media.
Brother, what you are essentially talking about is, how to regulate social media. I honestly believe that is not up for us but law-makers, NGOs, and jurisdiction. They can form consensus and decide on regulations. Also these regulations have to be in line with our constitution and universal human rights, like Freedom of Speech, Freedom of gathering, etc.

For example, you gave example from BLM protests. People have right to protests by the constitution. However they don't have right to loot other people's belongings. You can't ban twitter, or an hashtag to gather.

All, i say, is to abide by the constitution and TCK, make no exceptions for anybody. Sadly, this is not the situation in Turkey right now.

Back
Top Bottom