What's new

Turkish Geopolitics/ Foreign Affairs

i seriously wanted to write a comment about that idea of incorporating Syria and Iraq, but then realized it is such an unrealistic, stupid and populist idea to begin with, the discussion would only be a waste of time and make us look clownish to Syrian and Iraqi etc users here :disagree:

Even though unrealistic, which unity does the person in the video mean, Ottoman Caliphate, a nationalist greater Turkey or something like the UK with it's internal states ?

i seriously wanted to write a comment about that idea of incorporating Syria and Iraq, but then realized it is such an unrealistic, stupid and populist idea to begin with, the discussion would only be a waste of time and make us look clownish to Syrian and Iraqi etc users here :disagree:
Your right, even a discussion about such things in 21th century is embarassing.

Even though unrealistic, which unity does the person in the video mean, Ottoman Caliphate, a nationalist greater Turkey or something like the UK with it's internal states ?
The person in the video is a Ottoman fanatic everthing he says refers to Ottoman Empire.

You are free to believe whatever you want, we will see in the future how willingly the Syrians and Iraqis are to unite with Turkey, you people are living in a dream land but the reality looks much different than that.

quite ironic that in fact it will be your counterparts there (baathists or republicans) in Syria and Iraq resisting such project.. you will oppose here and they will oppose there..

while the religious folk on all sides will support will all their might.

dont you think so?

They mean Fedaral state or something but i am not sure.. will look into it soon.

quite ironic that in fact it will be your counterparts there (baathists or republicans) in Syria and Iraq resisting such project.. you will oppose here and they will oppose there..
while the religious folk on all sides will support will all their might.
dont you think so?
No except from some nostalgic people, i dont think anybody in Turkey would like to be invoved in ME again, dont we have enough problems allready?

there are already over a million Syrians in Turkey.. lot of Syrians in their homeland are close to and extremely positive to us. give those people citizenship and see what happens.

they would be under Turk administration with a single move.

same with Iraq. We have the Kurds as our close partners already, some arabs and also turkmens.. they would love to become part of Turkey cause these people have not known any peace or security for long time now.

They could prosper and live in peace and security under protection of Turkey.

No except from some nostalgic people, i dont think anybody in Turkey would like to be invoved in ME again, dont we have enough problems allready?

sure mate only nostalgic people..

you oppose everything i am sure you dont even know why you do so its just being stobborn..

if we say: ''this is white'' you will oppose saying: ''no its black''.

or prove me wrong in this case..

tell us how a united block a greater-Turkey will be bad for us?

Last edited:

not sure if you aware but i realised they mean misak-i milli.. thats policy of your Ataturk you have been mocking.

Last edited:
there are already over a million Syrians in Turkey.. lot of Syrians in their homeland are close to and extremely positive to us. give those people citizenship and see what happens.

they would be under Turk administration with a single move.

same with Iraq. We have the Kurds as our close partners already, some arabs and also turkmens.. they would love to become part of Turkey cause these people have not known any peace or security for long time now.

sure mate only nostalgic people..

you oppose everything i am sure you dont even know why you do so its just being stobborn..

if we say: ''this is white'' you will oppose saying: ''no its black''.

or prove me wrong in this case..

tell us how a united block a greater-Turkey will be bad for us?
well, i think you have a point about the Syrians in Turkey, they would probably like to live in Turkey from now on, but once order returns in Syria, a big portion of these people probably would like to return home. i doubt that majority of Syria or Iraq are waiting for Turkish administration. even if they want it, they will probably want it in bad times. in good times they will revolt. would you like to live under foreign administration when your own local economy, politics and security performs well? i wouldn't. remember, our ancestors took those places by force, not by goodwill of those people just because we are muslims too, so why should they now? above all, why this obsession with integrating while Turkish govt could make special trade and security deals, isn't it enough?

We have seen how peacefull it turned out in Adana and other places, there are enough exsamples of clashes between Syrian refugees and locals, google is your friend.
Your talking about giving citizenship to 1 million Syrians while saying its Turkmens own fault that they are beeing targeted by Isis, i think everybody here has a idea about you now.

not sure if you aware but i realised they mean misak-i milli.. thats policy of your Ataturk you have been mocking.
Atatürk wasnt a prophet he also had worngs as a human being.

well, i think you have a point about the Syrians in Turkey, they would probably like to live in Turkey from now on, but once order returns in Syria, a big portion of these people probably would like to return home. i doubt that majority of Syria or Iraq are waiting for Turkish administration. even if they want it, they will probably want it in bad times. in good times they will revolt. would you like to live under foreign administration when your own local economy, politics and security performs well? i wouldn't. remember, our ancestors took those places by force, not by goodwill of those people just because we are muslims too, so why should they now? above all, why this obsession with integrating while Turkish govt could make special trade and security deals, isn't it enough?

i am gonna be direct and clear with you mate..

you tree huggers are nothing but obstacles.. in front of greater Turkey.

@xenon54

We have seen how peacefull it turned out in Adana and other places, there are enough exsamples of clashes between Syrian refugees and locals, google is your friend.

they can move back to Syria when calm returns thats not the point..

Your talking about giving citizenship to 1 million Syrians while saying its Turkmens own fault that they are beeing targeted by Isis, i think everybody here has a idea about you now.

I suggested the same for Turkmens and the others.. but you ignore.

Atatürk wasnt a prophet he also had worngs as a human being.

Atleast this is a good plan.

Last edited:

@xenon54

Türkmens are ethnic Turks who speak Turkish so they are different from Levantine Arabs from Syria which have no connection to Turkey except religion and Ottoman rule.
Just face it the Ottoman Empire will never come back and should stay dead.

Türkmens are ethnic Turks who speak Turkish so they are different from Levantine Arabs from Syria which have no connection to Turkey except religion and Ottoman rule.
Just face it the Ottoman Empire will never come back and should stay dead.

Iisten i know what a Turkmen is i have part Turkmen ancestry myself so keep your lecture for yourself.

you dont read properly i said both turkmen and arabs will be accepted.. whats your issue are you racist?

btw.

levantine arabs and iraqis are neighboring peoples whom we share common history, similar culture and same values with i do consider Iraqi or syrian to be one of our brotherly peoples they are our brother too.

it must hurt your racist feelings :-)

also.. subject is not about the Empire.. :nono:

and choose your words more carefully next time when speak about my ancestors.:butcher:

Last edited:

@xenon54

cant believe the crap you wrote. overall i look more negative to the gezi protests than positive. For your kind, any criticism against the govt = tree hugger, secular dog etc. there were/are some users here who also put me in the 'religious' (or whatever) corner just because i defended some akp policies. There really is this 'black/white' trait among some of us Turks indeed. I consider myself in the middle and try to be objective, you should try to do the same.

Iisten i know what a Turkmen is i have part Turkmen origin myself so keep your lecture for yourself.

you dont read properly i said both turkmen and arabs will be accepted.. whats your issue are you racist?

btw.

levantine arabs and iraqis are neighboring peoples whom we share common history, similar culture and same values with i do consider Iraqi or syrian to be one of our brotherly peoples they are our brother too.

it must hurt your racist feelings :-)

also.. subject is not about the Empire.. :nono:

and choose your words more carefully next time when speak about my ancestors.:butcher:
Then im racist i dont really care.
A Turkic is always better then a non Turkic for me and i dont whine crocodile tears for people who betrayed us several times and used Turkics as military slaves.
People like Alp Arslan would be ashamed of you.
The Ottomans almost destroyed the Oghuz Turkic heritage in Turkey just look at their bastard language called "Ottoman Turkish" but no wonder when the Sultan was probably not even 10% Turkish

Then im racist i dont really care.
A Turkic is always better then a non Turkic for me and i dont whine crocodile tears for people who betrayed us several times and used Turkics as military slaves.
People like Alp Arslan would be ashamed of you.
The Ottomans almost destroyed the Oghuz Turkic heritage in Turkey just look at their bastard language called "Ottoman Turkish" but no wonder when the Sultan was probably not even 10% Turkish
There is no need to attack our ancestors.

Back
Top Bottom