What's new

Turkish Geopolitics/ Foreign Affairs

@Kaan - Egypt isn't included in the above list (I think) ! :unsure:

Do you guys club it with the Middle East instead ? :what:

Armstrong said:
@Kaan - Egypt isn't included in the above list (I think) ! :unsure:

Do you guys club it with the Middle East instead ? :what:
Yeah egypt and oter countries above the sahara are considered middle east i think.

This article is mostly talking about sub saharan africa.

Economical ties? Your top export destination: 2.Iraq 3.Iran 5.UAE Your top import partners: 6. Iran, and Iraq would also jump up very quickly since you have started to increase importing their oil from their northern region.
Military deals? Every single military equipment that is sold to us, is sold to some arab countries as well.
Cultural ties? That's a very vague term, but I am sure that your leadership feels more close in this term to muslim brotherhood, from religious, cultural, and political point of view compared to turkic countries.

Regarding top export destinations:

Azerbaijans GDP is $68 Billion, iraqs is $242 Billion, irans is around 548 billion, and U.A.E is $390 billion. Obviously we will export more to those countries. The governments job is to make trade agreements with countries and it up to the businessmen from that point on to decide where they want to do business.

Regarding military deals turkey always offers either tot or local production but I think @cabatli_53 is more informed regarding this. My point was that turkish and azerbaijani military relations are closer than with any other arab country thats why high levels officers visit azerbaijan regularly and that why azerbaijan i given the opportunity to take part in turkish military programs not just locally produce them.

Im not erdogan so I can't speak for his personal preferences but we do know this:

Turkish FM in Uzbekistan to revive relations | Diplomacy | Worldbulletin News
THE COOPERATION COUNCIL OF TURKIC SPEAKING STATES / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs
President of Turkmenistan pays official visit to Turkey | Politics | Daily Sabah
Turkey-Kazakhstan relations hit peak

There are more examples of cooperation but I think this is enough for now.

Again, these are just cheap talks, dude. What has happened is that you gave kurds the permission to capture turkmen cities, and started to buy oil which comes from these cities. This action speaks much louder than cheap fake talks. BTW, even in your post, you started to stick to this religious ties again, and said we should help them since they are turkic and muslim.
I believe that was a mistake. We should have organized turkmens years ago.

The reason I said turkic and muslim is because that is a double reason to help them so it can be argued "hey guys look the turkmens are in a bad situation we should help them because they are muslim like the palestinians but even better they are also turks". After one makes a statement like that all turks in turkey are forced to help turkmens because however you look at it we have a connection and obligation.

Azerbaijani-Turkish relations has not been a one way street. Each side has provided some benefits for the other side, which could not have been achieved with a third country like Armenia. Although, we appreciate what you have done for Azerbaijan, but I dislike your approach in looking down to Azerbaijan.
Im not looking down on azerbaijan I'm just doing the same thing you are doing (which i don't agree with) going with your own countries interest while at the same time I'm proving that turkey is sacrificing something for azerbaijan.

That's pretty obvious. Azerbaijanis and Turkish soldiers speak the almost the same language, so they will be placed in the same barracks. If UAE soldiers were speaking the same language, they will be sent to these barracks as well.
Yeah but the U.A.E soldiers are sunni and so are the Turkish soldiers (most likely) yet they aren't in the same barracks so that proves that ethnicity was held in a higher position than religious preference. Also if Turkey and azerbaijan were not close they would never be in the same barracks.

Dude, you need to have some measures to examine something. what you are saying is vague. How to examine and do such comparison? I clearly mentioned many of your AKP actions which shows the overall trend in your foreign policy. BTW, if you insist to have some examples, I can mention the Egypt under Mursi rule, and the non-existing Palestine country.
We never had the level of cooperations in action with those countries as we have had with azerbaijan. Regarding arab countries the government is mostly involved in trade and other than that there is a lot of rhetoric which everyone knows the reason behind.

Anyway lets agree to disagree because this can go on forever.

@Kaan
I think we have talked enough about this stuff for today. What your government did to Iraqi turkmens, exactly reminded me what Iran did to us in Karabagh war, in an even much worse form than that. You made hope in Turkmens about Turkey's support, but sold them out to KRG oil, and alliance. We never forgot what Iran did, and I doubt if Turkmens forget what you are doing to them.
I have seen that some of you religious turks, are commenting with passion about Gaza in ME section, while Turkmen children are dying in your vicinity due to the lack of water, medicine, ... in the middle of an endless desert, and none of you guys, except for usernameless , wrote any useful comment, and without apologizing, about this issue. secular turks, have much more sympathy, but they don't have much power in the current political conditions of Turkey. I am telling you as a brother, that your government has chosen a very very wrong path.

@Kaan
I think we have talked enough about this stuff for today. What your government did to Iraqi turkmens, exactly reminded me what Iran did to us in Karabagh war, in an even much worse form than that. You made hope in Turkmens about Turkey's support, but sold them out to KRG oil, and alliance. We never forgot what Iran did, and I doubt if Turkmens forget what you are doing to them.
I have seen that some of you religious turks, are commenting with passion about Gaza in ME section, while Turkmen children are dying in your vicinity due to the lack of water, medicine, ... in the middle of an endless desert, and none of you guys, except for usernameless , wrote any useful comment, and without apologizing, about this issue. secular turks, have much more sympathy, but they don't have much power in the current political conditions of Turkey. I am telling you as a brother, that your government has chosen a very very wrong path.

@rmi5

I was going to post every post of ours about Turkmen's in Iraq but then i saw "Useful comment"

Mate, you know we care about our kin.. but what do you expect us to do... what is this "useful comment"? useful to whom ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserved.
OK :) Although I have written such comments about this issue, maybe for more than 10 times in the past few days. I hope finally someone read them and understand what I am talking about.

@Kaan
I understand what you mean and you can bet on it that people would protest in favor of fellow Turkics, but only IF the (mainstream) media would give sufficient attention as they did about Gaza. That's the biggest problem, not because Turks dont care enough about Turkics or something.

off-topic PS; since i have joined this forum, i have defended some policies of akp for the sake of being as objective (otherwise i personally wouldnt have joined a forum, a place where things should be discussed in two ways) as possible and also engaged in some ME topics (just like almost every Turk), but that should not have to mean that i am not secular oriented. at first i didnt care much, but i keep seeing people putting me in the 'religious' segment for some reason :unsure:

I understand what you mean and you can bet on it that people would protest in favor of fellow Turkics, but only IF the (mainstream) media would give sufficient attention as they did about Gaza. That's the biggest problem, not because Turks dont care enough about Turkics or something.

off-topic PS; since i have joined this forum, i have defended some policies of akp for the sake of being as objective (otherwise i personally wouldnt have joined a forum, a place where things should be discussed in two ways) as possible and also engaged in some ME topics (just like almost every Turk), but that should not have to mean that i am not secular oriented. at first i didnt care much, but i keep seeing people putting me in the 'religious' segment for some reason :unsure:
You shouldnt care.

@Kaan
I opened a thread just for turkmens and i haven't even been active regarding the palestine issue except for maybe a few posts.

Edited:

Also most of the news I posted regarding turkic issues are from an Islamicly oriented website such as world bulletin.

Last edited:
Turkey and Israel are as close as they have been yet to ending the long-running saga over the Mavi Marmara incident, Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu was quoted as saying Sunday.

Turkey's Hurriyet Daily News quoted Davutoglu, who has been an acerbic and vocal critic of Israel, as saying in a televised interview that "there has recently been a momentum and new approach in compensation talks. We could say that most of the differences have been removed recently in these discussions." Israeli diplomatic officials, continuing a policy that has been in place for the last few weeks, refused to comment on the matter. Last week officials in the Prime Minister's Office and the Foreign Ministry were instructed not to talk about the issue.

A Turkish delegation arrived a week ago to discuss the matter, including the amount of compensation to be paid to the nine Turks killed after attacking IDF commandos who boarded the ship in May 2010 to keep it from breaking the naval blockade of Gaza.
According to the Hurriyet report, Davutoglu did not give any numbers regarding the compensation payment, beyond saying that the gaps between the two sides had narrowed.

As a condition for normalizing ties that were significantly downgraded following the incident, Turkey has demanded an Israeli apology, compensation payment, and lifting of the blockade on Gaza.

Last March, at the urging of US President Barack Obama, Netanyahu apologized to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan for operational errors that could have led to the loss of life. Israel made clear, however, that it would not lift the blockade.

According to Sunday's Hurriyet report, Davutoğlu cited an easing of Israel's embargo on Gaza. He did not give a time frame for the exchange of ambassadors, but said Turkey's representation in Israel would be “significant” in order to “monitor and to coordinate humanitarian aid to Gaza.”

Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Tel Aviv immediately after the incident in May, and expelled Israel's ambassador a year later.

The current moves come just about a month before Erdogan's AKP Party faces an important electoral test in municipal elections, and at a time when the country is reeling from corruption scandals and what heavy-handed government tactics, such as new laws clamping down on the Internet..

http://edge.********.com/80281E/ll_a_s/2014/Feb/9/********-dot-com-a8f_1391985751-3ee914dd068b5669_1391985943.jpg.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bdd7904c43ddd4b795&ec_rate=230

I don't think we will see anything happen before the elections.

@Kaan, brother, should this thread perhaps be merged into our Turkish Politics-thread, or should it maybe stay as it is?

I don't think we will see anything happen before the elections.

@Kaan, brother, should this thread perhaps be merged into our Turkish Politics-thread, or should it maybe stay as it is?

Politics are about our domestic affairs, this one is about international affairs.

IMO it should stay like way it is. No need for merger.

Politics are about our domestic affairs, this one is about international affairs.

IMO it should stay like way it is. No need for merger.
The article posted by pakistan and proud was initially its own thread so i moved it here.

Aside oil prices, I still don't get why Turkey support Kurdistan independence separate from Iraq? Come on, we need to stay UNITED instead divided countries.

Back
Top Bottom