What's new

Turkish FM warns Israel over response to new Gaza flotilla

How can you Indians support a terrorist state like Israel? India really has to make a choice either you are friends with Israel, whose influence is falling drastically every year, or Turkey whose influence and power is growing immensely every year.

its a misconception you are having..India denounces the use of force by Israel in the Palestine issue...

India's commitment to the Palestinian cause is an important component of our long established foreign policy. We share the perception that the conflict in West Asia is essentially political in nature and cannot be resolved by force.

In line with our support for UN Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338, India supports a negotiated solution resulting in a sovereign, independent, viable and united State of Palestine living within secure and recognized borders, side by side at peace with Israel as endorsed in the Quartet Roadmap and UNSC Resolutions 1397 & 1515.

India has supported the Arab Peace Plan, which calls for withdrawal of Israel to pre-1967 borders, along with recognition of Israel and the establishment of the State of Palestine with East Jerusalem as its capital.

India has called for an early and significant easing of restrictions on the free movement of persons and goods within Palestine. During the visit of President Mahmoud Abbas of Palestine National Authority on 11 February 2010, Prime Minister had reiterated India s commitment to the Palestinian cause and urged concerted action for achieving a durable, just and comprehensive settlement of the Middle East conflict.

During the India-Brazil-South Africa Summit (IBSA) in Brasilia, the Ministers of IBSA issued a joint communiqué on 15 April 2010 on the situation in the Middle East that, inter alia, stated that concerned by the continuing deterioration of the humanitarian situation in Gaza, the Ministers called on Israel to alleviate circulation restrictions on the movement of people and goods, both in Gaza and in the West Bank.

It is our firm conviction that lasting peace and security in the region can be achieved only through peaceful dialogue and not through use of force.

You blame the Turkish government which tried to mediate Israel and her "enemies" for years, but at the end of the day, who broke that mediation process and back stabbed Turkey at final stages of an agreement with Syria in early 2009? After all this efforts, should Turkey just get back to its corner and tell those negotiating parties who put their trust in Turkey, that "Sorry, we failed because Israel did this and that, we cant break any level of friendship, because, we are super cool friends with Israel and we have a big uncle that watches from up". Any self-respecting country would react the same way Turkey did.

Friendship with Iran and Israel was dictated by USA, as there was dictator King, who didn't listen any of its subjects demands. Kinda similar to what was the situation in ME. And look what's happening around the region right now.

Enemies of Israel is not gonna go away when you bomb them to the ground. With all the might of USA war machine, US had to integrate those which US called some years ago as "terrorist organizations" (excluding Al-Qaeda) in Iraq to political arena in order to establish a stability and not to marginalize those militant groups. Hamas, according to US and Israel, and several other countries, is a terrorist organization. But Tony Blair, head of ME Quartet, said that Hamas needs to be contacted for future of Palestinian state, as its and element of Palestinian society whether you like it or not. FYI, I'm not defending any of the violent acts of Hamas against unarmed Israeli civilians, but what I'm trying to say is, Hamas is more than a "terrorist" entity. There is also another side of the medallion.

PLO was a terrorist organization before 90's. What made PLO to officially not called as "terrorists" was those backdoor communications, behind the doors diplomacy. So Turkey does all of this for the stability of the region, because unstable ME economically is not that beneficial to us. This is why Turkey tried to connect those potentially problematic countries with economic ties. With economic integration, government thought, those countries would not act in a violent behavior. It is a long term goal, even if you see problems in all of those ME countries that Turkey tried to apply this policy, in the long run this will greatly effect the region. Just look at what Germany and France did after WW2.

So, it feels like a hypocrisy when you claim that Turkish government just wanted to make those "friendships" for the purpose of hindering Israel's safety or stability.

Yes, we are truly sorry that we didn`t give the Golan Heights to a mass murdering sociopath that has no problem slaughtering his own people, i`m sure that peace would have lasted a long long time.
Well, what will be will be right?.

You blame the Turkish government which tried to mediate Israel and her "enemies" for years, but at the end of the day, who broke that mediation process and back stabbed Turkey at final stages of an agreement with Syria in early 2009?
Let me remind you what happened:

1) In June 2008 Israel signed half year truce with Hamas in Gaza.
2) On 19 December 2008 the truce ended. Israel asked Hamas to continue with truce. But Hamas, whos headquarters are located in Syria, refused.
3) Instead on 25 December 2008 Hamas launched massive shelling of Israeli towns and communities:

Maan News Agency: Hamas: 87 shells fired at Israeli targets in 24 hours

4) Only after that Israel launched its own operation Cast Lead. After it Hamas agreed to cease fire again.

So who backstubbed peace here? Obviously it was Hamas and their Syrian masters. But Erdogan began bitching at Israel and said nothing against Syria and Hamas.

Even now after Syria slaughtered 1000 of its own citizens Erdogan only called to make reforms. He did not even sligtly critisize Syria for all these murders.

poor jews.. how kind of people can fire on you.. innocents like you
15245916.jpg

israeli soldiers ..and sense of humor

poor jews.. how kind of people can fire on you.. innocents like you

israeli soldiers ..and sense of humor
Alas usage of women for terror is not humor but reality:

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you Indians support a terrorist state like Israel? India really has to make a choice either you are friends with Israel, whose influence is falling drastically every year, or Turkey whose influence and power is growing immensely every year.

We are friends with Israel because they want to be friends with us.
Friendship is mutual. What can an increasingly islamic turkey give to us?
And we cant be your friends at the expense of existing friends.

We are friends with Israel because they want to be friends with us.
Friendship is mutual. What can an increasingly islamic turkey give to us?
And we cant be your friends at the expense of existing friends.

Are you aware that India considers Turkey to be one of her most important allies & that our diplomatic core is present in India trying to find a permanent peace between India & Pak? While Israel is increasingly becoming isolated and unable to exert outside political will (with the strong exception of Germany (due to their actions in World War 2) & the USA).

I understand how India & Israel are cooperating in the field of military technology but do not let that blind you from the truth. If you also believe Turkey is becoming an Islamist country then I am sorry but you are just quoting the Orientalist view of the cultural other (not Western) which is factually & morally wrong on many levels.

FYI Islamist & other countries that have religion as their core, focus internally to seed their society and institutions with religious and dictatorial dogma this leaves them thankfully with little international political will & capability (case in point: Iran), the actions of Turkey therefore are not that of a Islamist country but a country that is becoming increasingly active on the international political scene who is also shaking her hands at the bigotry of the Western world.

Are you aware that India considers Turkey to be one of her most important allies & that our diplomatic core is present in India trying to find a permanent peace between India & Pak? While Israel is increasingly becoming isolated and unable to exert outside political will (with the strong exception of Germany (due to their actions in World War 2) & the USA).
I dont know what isolation are you talking about. Israel was accepted into OECD recently. One who is isoleted is Davutoglu's best friend:

EU imposes sanctions on Syria's Assad
Regime condemns move, says it will emerge 'stronger'
By Justyna Pawlak And David Brunnstrom, Reuters May 24, 2011 12:00

The European Union imposed sanctions on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and other senior officials on Monday, raising pressure on his government to end weeks of violence against protesters.

I dont know what isolation are you talking about. Israel was accepted into OECD recently. One who is isoleted is Davutoglu's best friend:

His post has nothing to do with syria. When s*it happens in syria, does that give you right to do the same ?

What a pathetic way of distorting a subject.

I understand how India & Israel are cooperating in the field of military technology but do not let that blind you from the truth. If you also believe Turkey is becoming an Islamist country then I am sorry but you are just quoting the Orientalist view of the cultural other (not Western) which is factually & morally wrong on many levels.

FYI Islamist & other countries that have religion as their core, focus internally to seed their society and institutions with religious and dictatorial dogma this leaves them thankfully with little international political will & capability (case in point: Iran), the actions of Turkey therefore are not that of a Islamist country but a country that is becoming increasingly active on the international political scene who is also shaking her hands at the bigotry of the Western world.
I have no issue with Govt of India trying to be friendly with your govt. I think it is natural that India would like partner who are like minded. But why do you want us to ditch Israel. When we can have good relation with Iran, why not Israel. You have problem with them,deal with it.

Are we meddling in ME affairs? No. Are we supporting israeli in killing palestanians. Of course not. But we have a right to protect our own interest, like you.

His post has nothing to do with syria. When s*it happens in syria, does that give you right to do the same ?

What a pathetic way of distorting a subject.
Truth hurts? I repeat again: there is no any sign of Israel's isolation. Only one who is really isolated is your new best friend.

Truth hurts? I repeat again: there is no any sign of Israel's isolation. Only one who is really isolated is your new best friend.
Take a closer look at Obama's speech. Even your BFF considers Israel is isolated. No country but US would support you in UN. Distortion of the truth hurts the most oneself, not the truth itself.

Tell us then how much influence does Israel have outside of the Western world? I doubt I need to tell how important new players are in the emerging multi polar world.

Tell us how much influence Israel has in the Muslim world (1.5 billion people).
Tell us the same in regards to China, Russia & the Turkic world of Central Asia.

Then again you can tell us just how many countries recently backed the view that Israel should respect the pre 1967 borders which includes Western nations of Europe.

500 Please your propaganda does not work on me as I deal with half truths and bs everyday as it is part of my job to smell it, should I rip into your reasoning again and ferret out the truth causing another embarrassment for you. In the public domain you would do best to speak the truth and not the official government line.

Take a closer look at Obama's speech. Even your BFF considers Israel is isolated. No country but US would support you in UN. Distortion of the truth hurts the most oneself, not the truth itself.
I just saw standing ovations for Netanbyahu in congress.

Tell us then how much influence does Israel have outside of the Western world? I doubt I need to tell how important new players are in the emerging multi polar world.

Tell us how much influence Israel has in the Muslim world (1.5 billion people).
Tell us the same in regards to China, Russia & the Turkic world of Central Asia.
You were talking that Israel is increasingly isolated. Not so long time ago China and Central Asia did not recognize Israel at all. Today we have full diplomatic relationships, large trade and excellent cooperation.

Just recently license production of Israeli UAV's started in Azerbaijan:

wurm7d.jpg

So where is increasing isolation? :woot:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom