What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Demir:

....We're working on the engine for TF-X. It is quite assertive that the engine of this type of aircraft will be ready in 6-7 years. The target is to take the plane is out of the hangar by 2023 by the way the public that will see it at that time, but we think the completion of tests of the aircraft will finish the end of the 2020s, we expect it to enter the inventory in the 2030s. There are several engines in the market that are currently available. These will be used in the first prototypes. On the other hand, we established a company called 'TR Motor'. We started activities on developing motor from scratch. We think of a structure that will include all the engineering and design accumulation related to the engine in a central structure that will include companies working in this field....

...Rolls-Royce and Kale partnership interested for TF-X engine production. We are also negotiating with other companies on this issue, but we think that the structure of the main structure in the center of the business should be in a domestic company. It is important to cooperate, yes, but not to be jealous of technology sharing as a result of cooperation and not to be exposed to the constraint in the following stages is the our redline...

https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/gunun-basl...sozlesmeyi-yarin-dahi-imzalayabiliriz/1286318

Last edited:
Gasturbine family programs!

Turbofan engines: 17000lbf(HürJet-Licence production (?))and 27000lbf (TF-X) class
Turboshaft engines: TS-1400(Atak,T-625), TS-2000(Atak-II and 10/12t Utility)
Turboprop engines: TP-550(Akinci), (?)TP-1600(Hürkuş)
Turbojet engines: KTJ-3200(SOM and Atmaca) and variants

Gasturbine family programs!

Turbofan engines: 17000lbf(HürJet-Licence production (?))and 27000lbf (TF-X) class
Turboshaft engines: TS-1400(Atak,T-625), TS-2000(Atak-II and 10/12t Utility)
Turboprop engines: TP-550(Akinci), (?)TP-1600(Hürkuş)
Turbojet engines: KTJ-3200(SOM and Atmaca) and variants

Just to lay it out in a more readable manner (please correct me if I've got it wrong);

Turkish engine programs
Turbofan engines
  • 17.000lbf class (licensed production of a 17k lbf engine to be used in the trainer jet (HürJet) project
  • 27.000lbf class (to be used in the TF-X 5th gen stealth fighter project)
Turboshaft engines
  • TS-1400 (to be used in the Atak and T-625 helicopters)
  • TS-2000 (to be used in the Atak-II and 10/12t Utility helicopter projects
Turboprop engines
  • TP-550 (to be used in the Akinci MALE UAV)
  • TP-1600 (to be used in the Hürkuş trainer turboprop plane)
Turbojet engines
  • KTJ-3200 (to be used in the SOM cruise missile and Atmaca (harpoon replacement) missile and other variants)

Just to lay it out in a more readable manner (please correct me if I've got it wrong);

Turkish engine programs
Turbofan engines
  • 17.000lbf class (licensed production of a 17k lbf engine to be used in the trainer jet (HürJet) project
  • 27.000lbf class (to be used in the TF-X 5th gen stealth fighter project)
Turboshaft engines
  • TS-1400 (to be used in the Atak and T-625 helicopters)
  • TS-2000 (to be used in the Atak-II and 10/12t Utility helicopter projects
Turboprop engines
  • TP-550 (to be used in the Akinci MALE UAV)
  • TP-1600 (to be used in the Hürkuş trainer turboprop plane)
Turbojet engines
  • KTJ-3200 (to be used in the SOM cruise missile and Atmaca (harpoon replacement) missile and other variants)
Well since we or at least since I know, there are running projects for TS-1400 + TP-550 + KTJ-3500(previously known as 3200) but are there really running projects for all those other engines or is it just a prediction and hope by cabatli_53??

Well since we or at least since I know, there are running projects for TS-1400 + TP-550 + KTJ-3500(previously known as 3200) but are there really running projects for all those other engines or is it just a prediction and hope by cabatli_53??

These kind of projects always start with existing systems(engines in this case) while simultaneously developing a indigenous system,especially for a country like ours(prone to sanctions).
Its a must for us,not a choice.
We have the best possible scenario for this development,two companies competing for the "tender" which will make sure we get the best option available.

These kind of projects always start with existing systems(engines in this case) while simultaneously developing a indigenous system,especially for a country like ours(prone to sanctions).
Its a must for us,not a choice.
We have the best possible scenario for this development,two companies competing for the "tender" which will make sure we get the best option available.
All these projects are definitelly a must for TR if it want to be powerfull enough to defend it self and to be the one who decides what will happen arround and I strongly support it, may it cost what ever it needs but my question is if all those projects are real or just a prediction and pure hope? I know we can't know everything whats going on backstage and in secret but anyway I think it's worth of asking.

All these projects are definitelly a must for TR if it want to be powerfull enough to defend it self and to be the one who decides what will happen arround and I strongly support it, may it cost what ever it needs but my question is if all those projects are real or just a prediction and pure hope? I know we can't know everything whats going on backstage and in secret but anyway I think it's worth of asking.
Then let me tell you that they are real.

https://www.star.com.tr/teknoloji/t...toru-ilk-testi-basariyla-gecti-haber-1402907/

At the end of this year, the PD170 turbodiesel engine, which exceeds 3,000 hours in maturation tests, will be the first to fly on ANKA.
Google translation.

The first tests of the TS1400 jet engine began on September 4, 2018. In the first tests, the engine, which performs the first stable operation by reaching the idle speed, is still performing speed tests at high speeds. The engine's power is 1400 horsepower. In comparison, the Atak helicopter still uses 1375 engines and the Hürkuş aircraft uses 1600 horsepower.

TS-1400 will fly the domestic and national helicopter T625, which carried its first flight last month with imported engines, within 3 years of maturation testing.

TEI has also started the works for the larger T700-TEI-701D jet engine under the General Purpose Helicopter Program.

Domestic and national engines of the size, which can be used in the jet engine, target, passenger and warplanes.
The second largest engine, PD220, was delivered to the company for the first flight tests of the new generation UAV 'Akıncı, developed by BAYKAR.

https://www.star.com.tr/teknoloji/t...toru-ilk-testi-basariyla-gecti-haber-1402907/
I read once about PD220 but then long time nothing so I though this may be some error but now I'm glad to read it exissts and it's even allready delivered for flight tests. Bravo.

At the end of this year, the PD170 turbodiesel engine, which exceeds 3,000 hours in maturation tests, will be the first to fly on ANKA.
Google translation.

The first tests of the TS1400 jet engine began on September 4, 2018. In the first tests, the engine, which performs the first stable operation by reaching the idle speed, is still performing speed tests at high speeds. The engine's power is 1400 horsepower. In comparison, the Atak helicopter still uses 1375 engines and the Hürkuş aircraft uses 1600 horsepower.

TS-1400 will fly the domestic and national helicopter T625, which carried its first flight last month with imported engines, within 3 years of maturation testing.

TEI has also started the works for the larger T700-TEI-701D jet engine under the General Purpose Helicopter Program.

Domestic and national engines of the size, which can be used in the jet engine, target, passenger and warplanes.
The second largest engine, PD220, was delivered to the company for the first flight tests of the new generation UAV 'Akıncı, developed by BAYKAR.

041120181840167230944_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom