What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

his is a joke ! All by yourself you are much smarter all the major great powers met.
--------------------------------------
Yes i am, ask crusaders about me n why did they poison me

you don't have any addition to the topic, why are you here? Politics only? @Bubblegum Crisis Crisis someone who love the Turkish defence industy and amdire it, he is happy to read and share it with us. Let that man alone and go play somewhere else.
I have an addition i made an explanation but this hellfire citizens dog jumped over me. He is a spy acting the muslim. They will enter iran (thiis is for 120W ampullas)

I don't think, it will be a hard challenge at the metallurgy side.. Important part is TC (thermal coating).

Since we are going to use TC for the Combustion Chamber (APS) and Turbine Blades (EB-PVD) compared to these sensitive elements, i don't think TC of a mere nozzle will be a challenge.

APS: Air Plasma Spray
EB-PVD: Electron Beam Physical Vapor Deposition

Dude, stop BSing, we know what TC is and it is not "thermal coating".

Dude, stop BSing, we know what TC is and it is not "thermal coating".
AV4Lrw4.gif

sinan reading topics doesnt make u an engineer.:what:

radio telsiz ha ulan feterolar

sen şu çok tepiyo deyip 7.62 yi terkedelim deyip momentumdan anlamayan dingil misin yoksa.

continuing from post #219

Metallurgy

2.1 TBC (Thermal Barrier Coating) Characterization
(Combustion Chamber - Air Plasma Spray(APS))
Thermal and mechanical characterization of the thermal barrier coating which will be applied to the combustion chamber of the engine, will be determined. Lack of metallurgical and operational experience regarding to the thermal barrier coating, limits the design and manufacturing capabilities. Therefore, the objective of this project will be the investigation of the mechanisms affecting the microstructure of the thermal barrier coating and to determine the functionality of the thermal barrier coating .An APS method that allows a relatively thick coating on the combustion chamber will be investigated.

The inclusion of the work packages of the project is planned to be presented under the following main headings.

i. Characteristic determination: Determination of the measurable characteristics of the thermal barrier coating,

ii. Change of characteristic with heat: Determining the change in the characteristics of the thermal barrier coating when exposed to heat

iii. Coating performance prediction: Determination of the predominant performance degradation or complete dysfunctional mechanisms for the thermal coating.

2.2 TBC Characterization (Turbine - Electron Beam Physical Vapor Deposition (EB-PVD))
In the scope of the project; The thermal and mechanical property characterization of the thermal barrier coating which will be exposed to the high temperatures in the engine will be determined. Lack of metallurgical and operational experience regarding to the thermal barrier coating, limits the design and manufacturing capabilities. Therefore, the objective of this project will be the investigation of the mechanisms affecting the microstructure of the thermal barrier coating and to determine the functionality of the thermal barrier coating. In the scope of the project the EB-PVD method which apply on the turbine blades and that doesn't effects the aerodynamic flow will be investigated.

The inclusion of the work packages of the project is planned to be presented under the following main headings.

i. Characteristic determination: Determination of the measurable characteristics of the thermal barrier coating.

ii. Change of characteristic with heat:
Determining the change in the characteristics of the thermal barrier coating when exposed to heat.

iii. Coating performance prediction:
Determination of the predominant performance degradation or completely dysfunctional mechanisms for the thermal coating.

2.3 Obtaining Metallurgical Information
In the scope of turboshaft engine project, metallurgical information of the materials to be used in the design of the engine will be obtained. Tests required to obtain this information will be made in the NADCAP certified test center.

In this project, by selecting one of the obtained data engine materials (titanium (6/4, 6242, etc.), Or super alloy (Inconel series, etc.)), and doing the required tests;

i. Thermal and physical tests: Poisson's ratio, thermal expansion,thermal release, thermal conductivity, density, specific heat determination tests

ii. Mechanical tests: tensile and yield strength, elongation values, high and low cycle fatigue strength, stress value tests

re-obtaining of the metallurgical information is planned (like validating the literature data). The obtained data will be compared with the data which will be obtained from NADCAP certified testing centers and obtaining of the material information capabilities / qualifications will be evaluated.

2.4 Titanium Forging Technology
The relationship between the production process and the material properties, of the titanium forged parts will be determined in the scope of the project.For the analysis and comparison of the forged titanium samples, different prototypes will be produced and optimum process parameters will be defined.

2.5 Nickel Based Superalloys Forging Technology
The relationship between the production process and the material properties, of the nickel-based superalloy forged parts will be determined in the scope of the project.For the analysis and comparison of the forged nickel-based superalloy samples, different prototypes will be produced and optimum process parameters will be defined.

Will continue with the structural part of the project.

EB-PVD method is particullary interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
continuing from post #219

Metallurgy

2.1 TBC (Thermal Barrier Coating) Characterization
(Combustion Chamber - Air Plasma Spray(APS))
Thermal and mechanical characterization of the thermal barrier coating which will be applied to the combustion chamber of the engine, will be determined. Lack of metallurgical and operational experience regarding to the thermal barrier coating, limits the design and manufacturing capabilities. Therefore, the objective of this project will be the investigation of the mechanisms affecting the microstructure of the thermal barrier coating and to determine the functionality of the thermal barrier coating .An APS method that allows a relatively thick coating on the combustion chamber will be investigated.

i. Characteristic determination: Determination of the measurable characteristics of the thermal barrier coating,

ii. Change of characteristic with heat: Determining the change in the characteristics of the thermal barrier coating when exposed to heat

iii. Coating performance prediction: Determination of the predominant performance degradation or complete dysfunctional mechanisms for the thermal coating.

2.2 TBC Characterization (Turbine - Electron Beam Physical Vapor Deposition (EB-PVD))
In the scope of the project; The thermal and mechanical property characterization of the thermal barrier coating which will be exposed to the high temperatures in the engine will be determined. Lack of metallurgical and operational experience regarding to the thermal barrier coating, limits the design and manufacturing capabilities. Therefore, the objective of this project will be the investigation of the mechanisms affecting the microstructure of the thermal barrier coating and to determine the functionality of the thermal barrier coating. In the scope of the project the EB-PVD method which apply on the turbine blades and that doesn't effects the aerodynamic flow will be investigated.

i. Characteristic determination: Determination of the measurable characteristics of the thermal barrier coating.

ii. Change of characteristic with heat:
Determining the change in the characteristics of the thermal barrier coating when exposed to heat.

iii. Coating performance prediction:
Determination of the predominant performance degradation or completely dysfunctional mechanisms for the thermal coating.

2.3 Obtaining Metallurgical Information
In the scope of turboshaft engine project, metallurgical information of the materials to be used in the design of the engine will be obtained. Tests required to obtain this information will be made in the NADCAP certified test center.

In this project, by selecting one of the obtained data engine materials (titanium (6/4, 6242, etc.), Or super alloy (Inconel series, etc.)), and doing the required tests:

i. Thermal and physical tests: Poisson's ratio, thermal expansion,thermal release, thermal conductivity, density, specific heat determination tests

ii. Mechanical tests: tensile and yield strength, elongation values, high and low cycle fatigue strength, stress value tests

re-obtaining of the metallurgical information is planned (like validating the literature data). The obtained data will be compared with the data which will be obtained from NADCAP certified testing centers and obtaining of the material information capabilities / qualifications will be evaluated.

2.4 Titanium Forging Technology
The relationship between the production process and the material properties, of the titanium forged parts will be determined in the scope of the project.For the analysis and comparison of the forged titanium samples, different prototypes will be produced and optimum process parameters will be defined.

2.5 Nickel Based Superalloys Forging Technology
The relationship between the production process and the material properties, of the nickel-based superalloy forged parts will be determined in the scope of the project.For the analysis and comparison of the forged nickel-based superalloy samples, different prototypes will be produced and optimum process parameters will be defined.

Will continue with the structural part of the project.

EB-PVD method is particullary interesting.

Vacuum metal evaporation techniques are employed in sunglasses making industry. I think there are some companies in TC doing that. The vacuum makes it possible to use lower temperatures for evaporation. The selective pass feature of sunglasses' coatings are made by alternative coating of different metals.

We are getting there, I wish this kind of progress were made three decades ago.

Vacuum metal evaporation techniques are employed in sunglasses making industry. I think there are some companies in TC doing that. The vacuum makes it possible to use lower temperatures for evaporation. The selective pass feature of sunglasses' coatings are made by alternative coating of different metals.

Yeah, but if you noticed process is a little different filament does not face the metal directly but electrons from the filament directed on to the coating material via electro-magnetic field, by doing so the interaction between the filament and the part to be coated is nulled. So there will be no chemical reaction between the filament and part to be coated. :)

We are getting there, I wish this kind of progress were made three decades ago.
Wait till, i finish translating all the project and combining it with the other projects of ours. ;)

Yeah, but if you noticed process is a little different filament does not face the metal directly but electrons from the filament directed on to the coating material via electro-magnetic field, by doing so the interaction between the filament and the part to be coated is nulled. So there will be no chemical reaction between the filament and part to be coated. :)

Wait till, i finish translating all the project and combining it with the other projects of ours. ;)

Thank you for translating but I kind of have read the text that you are translating from (Can't remember it all of course) several months ago when I was making my liiiiittle research about turbine engines in an effort to apply for an engine design job for which I had 3Ded my first axial miniturbine engine. That engine is a pretty sophisticated engine meant to be equivalent to the Kale-3500 engine designed for SOM cruise missile which itself is a copy of the French Microturbo TR40 or TR50 (or the unseen TR-38). It can be used as a perfect APS. An unlucky experience which could be very fruitfull if it came true. Anyway...

Last edited:
Thank you for translating but I kind of have read the text that you are tranlating from (Can't remember it all of course) several months ago when I was making my liiiiittle research about turbine engines in an effort to apply for an engine design job for which I had 3Ded my first axial miniturbine engine. That engine is a pretty sophisticated engine meant to be equivalent to the Kale-3500 engine designed for SOM cruise missile which itself is a copy of the French Microturbo TR40 or TR50 (or the unseen TR-38). It can be used as a perfect APS. An unlucky experience which could be very fruitfull if it came true. Anyway...
even though Turkey has F16 production line and TAI in process to manufacture the engine and plus from the f135 engine Turkey will gain necessary experience.. why cant the produce the engine? isnt that enough?

Törende konuşan Müsteşar Demir geçmişte yurtdışına bağımlı olmanın acısını çektiklerini belirterek bu hatayı tekrarlamayacaklarını belirtti. TÜMOSAN yetkililerine seslenen Demir istedikleri kadar yabancı danışman ve bilgiden yararlanmalarını ancak proje bittiği zaman yurt dışına en alt sistemde dahi bağın olmamasını istedi.

SSM ile TÜMOSAN arasında Güç Grubu Geliştirme Projesi imzalandı

Back
Top Bottom