What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

This is very simple also!

Due to the trauma we experienced in the development of the Altay Tank project, we spend all our energy to develop all kinds of engines.

Our priority is diesel engines for armored vehicles and aircraft engines. We first started with the UAV engine. TS-1400 turboshaft engine almost ready. Diesels next.

Finally, we have a F110 equivalent turbofan engine project. All engine projects are very urgent and important for us.

Hope the engine can be accepted and put on the himalayas pakistan test already!!! We in the Philippines really are looking forward to the atak.

Adsızknjnb.png

sdasad.png

This is very simple also!

Due to the trauma we experienced in the development of the Altay Tank project, we spend all our energy to develop all kinds of engines.

Our priority is diesel engines for armored vehicles and aircraft engines. We first started with the UAV engine. (TEI PD170 and PD220 turbo-diesel engines.) TS-1400 turboshaft engine almost ready. Diesels next.

Finally, we have a F110 equivalent turbofan engine project. All engine projects are very urgent and important for us.
Very good explanations, the Germans and other European "allies" have done they best to sabotage Altay by embargoing the engine and transmission but there are so many stupid people in this blog who always just talk about Otokars and BMC as if Otokar would be able to produce the tank wihtout the engine! TR is very smart and focused to solve that engine problem cuz they must in order to build all those vechicles for it self but also for export without have to ask some EU morons for approvals.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2..._Engine_to_be_Ready_for_Integration_This_Year

I know this has been posted already, but.
"With the domestic CTS-800-4A powering both T129 and T625 almost ready, the deal appears to be back on track."

I do not understand this statement. May I ask for help in understanding this?

From the same linked article

"Development of the Turkish TS1400 turboshaft engine began in February 2017, and according Quwa, it was slated for induction and serial production by 2025."

Definitely not TS1400. I am also curious about your quote. The US government can regulate products with American IP even if they were made on non-US soil.

Last edited:
From the same linked article

"Development of the Turkish TS1400 turboshaft engine began in February 2017, and according Quwa, it was slated for induction and serial production by 2025."

Definitely not TS1400. I am also curious about your quote. The US government can regulate products with American IP even if they were made on non-US soil.

Based on the response earlier to my reply I think it was meant to be typed as TS1400 not the CTS.

that stupid doesnt even read the title of the article. it says:
Turkey First Indigenous Helicopter Engine to be Ready for Integration This Year

Based on the response earlier to my reply I think it was meant to be typed as TS1400 not the CTS.

Yes, but the same article you linked says that induction & serial production of TS1400 will commence by 2025. I would be happy to be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe the indigenous turboshaft engine is not quite ready yet.

Yes, but the same article you linked says that induction & serial production of TS1400 will commence by 2025. I would be happy to be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe the indigenous turboshaft engine is not quite ready yet.

Defenceworld is a shitty website making tons of mistakes all the time. Give it a rest, TS1400 will be completely ready in the coming years as scheduled.

Defenceworld is a shitty website making tons of mistakes all the time. Give it a rest, TS1400 will be completely ready in the coming years as scheduled.

Turkey has progressed a lot and may surprise the international community with their turboshaft engine. However, I hope you would understand my skepticism after watching the debacle over Altay powerpack. At least, TS1400 has a prototype, so I believe Turkey at least gets soemthing out of it, eventually.

Turkey has progressed a lot and may surprise the international community with their turboshaft engine. However, I hope you would understand my skepticism after watching the debacle over Altay powerpack. At least, TS1400 has a prototype, so I believe Turkey at least gets soemthing out of it, eventually.
TS1400 is going to be delivered to TAI this year. So it is safe to assume that TAI will integrate the engines into helicopters soon. However I do not really know how certification etc. works in the aviation industry and how long such a process takes or what is required. I dont recall reading or hearing from an official when TS1400 will be ready for serial production.

Last edited:
Ismail Demir; "Turkish institutes are working on 1100hp and 1500hp powerpack (engine+transmission+all critical components) programs at the same time"
Also TÜMOSAN works on armored vehicle power packs 400 HP to 1000 HP range. That work will also be implemented in vehicles this year. Thus, the product range will be completed in armored vehicle power packs.

The biggest challenge is not to produce a 1500 hp engine. It will be to produce a small sized and durable engine.

No it doesn't say that. You supposedly live in Australia but lack basic English reading comprehension?

@cabatli_53 this guy is a troll.

No, he is not. Read his posts.

Back
Top Bottom