What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
2179897_1f4e638af9d9c8c562ae41b36d5500b6.jpg

about 5 years ago I remember reading that next trillion dollar economy was to be Indonesia or Turkey

most pundits had it on Turkey but Indonesia crossed that finish line at the start of 2018

Turkey still needs to reach that line and for some reason still isnt close to getting to $1 trillion GDP

This is net deficit and not comparison to last year i suppose.
Budget surplus ? But why do we have that surplus ? Either government arent spending on planned projects etc. Or something is cheaper than exxpected

I think AKP planned to reach 1 trillion at 2023.

Budget surplus ? But why do we have that surplus ? Either government arent spending on planned projects etc. Or something is cheaper than exxpected

Oil just hit below 45 $ so that helped
It has been going down in price for sometime now

Also the discipline stuff bayrak announced I guess paid off

I think AKP planned to reach 1 trillion at 2023.
If its net surplus then i hope they will keep it this way instead of starting to spend on prestige projets again.

Economic confidence in Turkey rises in December

The economic confidence index in Turkey was higher month-on-month in December, an official data revealed on Dec. 28.

December’s figure was up 2 percent to reach 75.2 compared to last month, the Turkish Statistical Institute (TÜİK) said in a statement.

This month-on-month increase was driven by improvements in the retail trade, services and real sector confidence indices.

Retail trade confidence index registered a rise of 6.3 percent. Services and real sector confidence indices followed it with 2.2 percent and 0.9 percent advances, respectively.

The sub-index tracking consumer confidence declined by 2.3 percent on a monthly basis to total 58.2 in December.

The construction confidence index dropped by 2.1 percent during the same period.

The economic confidence index is seen as a significant reading of the economic course as it is a composite index that aggregates sub-indices of consumer confidence, real sector services, retail trade and construction confidence indices, reflecting an overall sentiment of health of the economy.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/economic-confidence-in-turkey-rises-in-december-140079

Oil just hit below 45 $ so that helped
It has been going down in price for sometime now

Also the discipline stuff bayrak announced I guess paid off
It is just higher interest rates. Of course low oil prices must have helped too! I hope our government will not be too stupid and allocate the now extra funds into financing the public debt!

The reason of surplus of trade balance is nosedived import.

But what kind of import , which titles of import has been quitted ?

Machinery investments!!!!!!!
Private sector stopped investing in machinery thus don't expect any industrial attacks in following 3 years.

Features of our imports based on raw materials and machinery. Imports of Consumer products in Turkish economy dont occupy significant place.

Unfortunately local industry seems not to trust in future.

Factually incorrect.

You either have wrong information or you're flat out lying.

2018 Kasım ayında ihracat geçen yılın aynı dönemine göre yüzde 9,5 artışla 15,5 milyar dolar oldu. Böylece tüm zamanların en yüksek Kasım ayı ihracatına ulaşılırken, aylık bazda en yüksek üçüncü ihracat rakamına erişildi.

Factually incorrect.

You either have wrong information or you're flat out lying.

2018 Kasım ayında ihracat geçen yılın aynı dönemine göre yüzde 9,5 artışla 15,5 milyar dolar oldu. Böylece tüm zamanların en yüksek Kasım ayı ihracatına ulaşılırken, aylık bazda en yüksek üçüncü ihracat rakamına erişildi.
Who claimed that amount of exports has been grinding a halt?

Do you think lack of export caused negative trade balance in Turkish economy? Growth of Turkish export is bound to imports. İf you don't import raw materials, energy and machinery , your export will decelarete.
Why haven't you been able to give trade surplus for 16 years?
Because we have stagflation in last 3 months. High dollar and expensive credits hurdle private sector to invest.

Last edited:
Growth of Turkish export is bound to imports. İf you don't import raw materials, energy and machinery , your export will decelarete.
That is inaccurate. I mean of course our exporters too need to import the resources to make out of them what they export abroad. But imports going down has no relation to that.

The so called industrial "ara mal" imports having gone down is not due to exporters not being able to afford to buy them, in fact our exporters are now importing more ara mal! The industrial ara mal imports have gone down due to the companies "that sell their products in this country".

Their revenues are going down, markets shrinking so of course they will not be able to afford tı import just as much ara mal for their industrial products. But this case is irrelevant to the exports.

Exporters are importing more ara mal than ever before! Of course exports will fall down a little bit from now on due to the rise in the minimum wage, so ara mal imports by exporters will go down too.

But this has nothing to do with the trend of imports having gone down a lot recently. That has no impact on exporters' capability to import ara mals from abroad.

Back
Top Bottom