What's new

Turkish Directed Energy Weapons

As to hitting a target from shorter distances - depends on what kind of target it is. If an airplane, yes, probably 1/20th that range is more realistic. If fixed land target, 300km is realistic.
Yeah, saw that later but couldn't edit my post.

1/20, you mean 15 km ? You realize that 6 seconds need for impact and aircraft would travel 2 km in the meanwhile ?

Do you know any similar systems in the world ?

Yeah, saw that later but couldn't edit my post.

1/20, you mean 15 km ? You realize that 6 seconds need for impact and aircraft would travel 2 km in the meanwhile ?

Do you know any similar systems in the world ?

It's similar to Korkut - muzzle velocity is around 1000m/s, max range 4km, shell flight time would be about 6 seconds (due to drag). They can calculate where the aircraft will be and shoot at that, though ofcourse at that range it's less effective as the target can change course. I think eventually railgun shells will end up having muzzle velocity over 4000m/s and also get command guidance similar to a SAM missile because the rounds are big enough and one of the intended uses is for ballistic missile defence, so they'll need guidance of some kind for that.

It's similar to Korkut - muzzle velocity is around 1000m/s, max range 4km, shell flight time would be about 6 seconds (due to drag). They can calculate where the aircraft will be and shoot at that, though ofcourse at that range it's less effective as the target can change course.
Yes, however to overcome the difficulty Korkut fires several AHEAD ammo, which causes thousands of projectiles headed toward the direction of the aircraft.

With a single projectile...i don't think you can score a hit...

Yes, however to overcome the difficulty Korkut fires several AHEAD ammo, which causes thousands of projectiles headed toward the direction of the aircraft.

With a single projectile...i don't think you can score a hit...

That's why they would put something similar to AHEAD on the railgun projectile too.

Tubitak Sage 35mm AHEAD munition

Compare the old NIKE's they had nuclear or steel ball warheads. I am sure that they will find a fragmentation ammo.

There are so many " so called secret projects" e.g. EMP warheads and even warheads with carbon fibre fragmentations to destroy aero engines.

^^

Spinning tail fins...

FRAG-12 high explosive shell

FRAG-12 T17 12 Gauge High Explosive (HE) Round

:smart:

Last edited:
It's similar to Korkut - muzzle velocity is around 1000m/s, max range 4km, shell flight time would be about 6 seconds (due to drag). They can calculate where the aircraft will be and shoot at that, though ofcourse at that range it's less effective as the target can change course. I think eventually railgun shells will end up having muzzle velocity over 4000m/s and also get command guidance similar to a SAM missile because the rounds are big enough and one of the intended uses is for ballistic missile defence, so they'll need guidance of some kind for that.

I don't think that the bullet can be guided.. Its not about g forces if you all know the principles of a railgun than you know that you have to put such a big electronic force through the bullet that means the bullet heats up and there is a huge electromagnetic force Wich would destroy the electronics

So how can the electronics for flight route in a bullet or projectile survive all that forces?

So I think like you that they have to calculate where the aircraft could be and than try to take it down

I don't think that the bullet can be guided.. Its not about g forces if you all know the principles of a railgun than you know that you have to put such a big electronic force through the bullet that means the bullet heats up and there is a huge electromagnetic force Wich would destroy the electronics

So how can the electronics for flight route in a bullet or projectile survive all that forces?

So I think like you that they have to calculate where the aircraft could be and than try to take it down

The method used is to make an impassable barrier to Subprojectiles. Korkut SPAAG ACV-30 with AHEAD munition does the same thing.

See 00:27 to 00:53

Last edited:
Indeed, Aselsan has a long long way to go yet :)
C9nlyFQWsAU3MNL.jpg

vs
US-Navy-railgun1.jpg

Yes !

But South Korea does the same types of testing with the same types of equipment. What counts above all at the beginning is to completely master the process.

But fragmentation could be used with a rotating gun like

You have a barrel of 6 meter and let it rotate 10.000x min if you now have round steel balls or round balls with he-ammunition than image how many rounds you could fire with that thing... Maybe you would need 2 hayabusa motors for that thing

But I think it's too complicated to build and there should be too big forces for the mechanical parts

The method used is to make an impassable barrier to Subprojectiles. Korkut SPAAG ACV-30 with AHEAD munition does the same thing.

See 00:27 to 00:53

yes I understand korkut ammunition.. but you cant do it with a projectile where in only an instance megawatt of energy goes through

the best thing for a railgun would be if the projectile is so heated up and so fast that it turns to plasma :)

if there is a soulution for it something that I miss than plz enlighten me

yes I understand korkut ammunition.. but you cant do it with a projectile where in only an instance megawatt of energy goes through

the best thing for a railgun would be if the projectile is so heated up and so fast that it turns to plasma
:)

if there is a soulution for it something that I miss than plz enlighten me

Unnecessary ! You do not fully understand how work Railgun.

Railgun Projectile

Inner projectile

“Different sized (and shaped) projectiles can be used, each must have an outer casing made of metal — the outer casing is literally partially vaporized as it picks up inertia traveling down the length of the gun.”

“After exiting the weapon, the shredded outer casing is jettisoned, and the inner projectile continues on its way (at excessively fast speeds) towards its target.”

Blitzer Railgun anti defense fragment system (General Atomics - Blitzer Railgun Land-Based Mobile Combat) - Like Korkut with AHEAD munition -

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom