What's new

Turkish Directed Energy Weapons

Imagine killing a terrorist with this laser, he walks around without worrying and suddenly starts screaming and catching fire. :flame:

2449087_810x458.jpg

Imagine killing a terrorist with this laser

I think you imagine something like this :D

yeah but for reality you know if you breath you miss the target if it is too much away.. every move may make you miss the target vut yiou need to hold on the laser for some time.. and a laser wich can instantly burn through a human body must have extreem enegery input..

I think its more reasonable to put such lasers on vehicles with optics and motors wich can better stay still to burn through..

but as I said somewhere else to blind a person a laser should be very good specially if it has high power it would instantly blind a person over some km and a blind soildier or terrorist is like a dead one.. useless

I thought about it before, I think lasers will be one of the most dangerous conventional weapons in a few decades. You can use some fancy metamaterials to scatter and redirect light and you will have some resistant material. But this is hard because you will need to engineer that layer for various wavelenghts. It will be very hard to research, very hard to produce, you will probably need to use that material layer under the paint (probably it will be a sensitive material to mechanical effects of flight). Other than that you can not defend yourself against lasers. Especially if they are combined with more than one wavelenghts. Only thing you can do is creating new materials. Even that will have limitations. For example you can even use gold plating for defence against infrared lasers but it will have power limitations. Exceeding a treshold in laser's power you will lose your defence layer.

Another example is that; gold is good at reflecting middle infrared. For example it reflects 10 micromn wavelenght infrared around %98. Gold layer under the paint might be effective against IR aft6er paint burns but when you focus a giant laser that %2 absorbtion might be enough to melt gold layer and then open a hole on your plane.

The material you want to be use should not be to heavy, otherwise you must increase the engine power for example.

The material you want to be use should not be to heavy, otherwise you must increase the engine power for example.
I agree but coating does not bear more weight than paint. Problem is not weight; problem is building a metamaterial which can work against high power light focused on small area even when it is thin as a few milimeters or even a few hundred microns.

but as I said somewhere else to blind a person a laser should be very good specially if it has high power it would instantly blind a person over some km and a blind soildier or terrorist is like a dead one.. useless

Using weapons which are made to permamently blind people is a war crime.

So is nuclear weapons, And look all world powers have that capacity And our superpower US used it twice. So lets not overcomplicate things. We need this capacity if it is possible, are we gonna use it or not, time will Show us. I hope our enemies will not gonna have this capacity And we will never use it.

You can't count Terrorists as normal people, but you are right blinding them is not good a bullet through their heads should be favoured.

I agree but coating does not bear more weight than paint. Problem is not weight; problem is building a metamaterial which can work against high power light focused on small area even when it is thin as a few milimeters or even a few hundred microns.

You can blind people with every kind of weapon.

I give a fck about that..

they would be just blind not dead..

blowing them up or their body parts or burning them with phosphor is no crime compared to all the thousands of death its nothing..

this kind of lazer systems should be build in masses on vehicles to disable pilots, soildiers and so on

"weapons which are made to permamently blind people"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_on_Blinding_Laser_Weapons

Many things said here, I will not agree on uselessness of UN. It is a fact. And I am not an extremely humane person. Just saying it is banned.

yeah I understand but we should build such weapons in the time where nations will fall into our country we should be prepared with anything that can help us..

for instance if our country is destroyed what do I benefit from I did not use that or this weapon

even some laserpointers are enough for blinding ppl..

How is shooting someone to kill or injure someone different from blinding someone with a laser.

"weapons which are made to permamently blind people"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_on_Blinding_Laser_Weapons

Many things said here, I will not agree on uselessness of UN. It is a fact. And I am not an extremely humane person. Just saying it is banned.

By looking at history of world powers, if they have capacity, they will first blind the opponent and then shoot him in the head. Who will know afterwards? They can do it and then get away with it.

By the ways, congratulations Turks for deployment and successfully using Laser weapons in the battlefield. World First.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom