What's new

Turkish defense companies a casualty of Egyptian coup?

@sami_1 @agentny17

I don't wanna sound like Erdogan's advocate but he talked against the coup. He didn't support Mursi and said "if El-Baradey have been elected instead of Mursi our stance wouldn't have changed."

You are right about democracy not being only elections but achiveing democracy by coup is not right thing to do. Turkey faced 3 coups in his history and sensitive about it.

Morsi lost his legitimacy since November, he should have been kicked out then. If anything we are late!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morsi lost his legitimacy since November, he should have been kicked out then. If anything we are late!!

We are facing a similar thing with Erdogan but nobody wants a coup here. Coups take country backwards. Let's hope army will give the authority to civilian authorities as soon as possible.

We are facing a similar thing with Erdogan but nobody wants a coup here. Coups take country backwards. Let's hope army will give the authority to civilian authorities as soon as possible.
Coups take countries back, but surrounding the supreme court to prevent judges to get in so they don't say their verdict doesn't ?!! Morsi betrayed democracy by:
1) Ordering his supporters to surround the supreme court to prevent judges to get in so they don't say their verdict about the legitimacy of the constitutional assembly which resulted with forcing a constituion on the people that doesn't respect any human rights, freedom of speech, belief, and expression.
2) Issuing a decree to grant himself sweeping legislative power(above laws and courts).
If Egypt had a good constitution then, most likely Morsi would have been impeached.

first of all, it was not me WHO started the discussion; it was you. lile it is you WHO have no argument but the route to the exit door... so please do not waste my time again.

so are authoritarian governments.

... stop blaming me for your lack of arguments and poor debating skills.

For all the folks in Europe supporting Turkey to be in EU, this is the reason why the country should only be taken in given the arm forces never intervene in the democratic process. My friend , how can you talk about democracy and coup in the very same sentence, it is an oxymoron in a sense. As far as Authoritarian governments are concerned, there is a court of law + parliament that keep the government in check but to say that Arm forces should take control of the government given some circumstance shows the lack of maturity in Turkish democracy or the lack of confidence you have in the system.

Coups take countries back, but surrounding the supreme court to prevent judges to get in so they don't say their verdict doesn't ?!! Morsi betrayed democracy by:
1) Ordering his supporters to surround the supreme court to prevent judges to get in so they don't say their verdict about the legitimacy of the constitutional assembly which resulted with forcing a constituion on the people that doesn't respect any human rights, freedom of speech, belief, and expression.
2) Issuing a decree to grant himself sweeping legislative power(above laws and courts).
If Egypt had a good constitution then, most likely Morsi would have been impeached.

Coup is like choosing the easy way out, it would've been better if the opposition waited until election to oust Morsi out through the system but enjoy MB on the street in a civil war, which might take your country at least 10 years back. It does not matter how bad the situation was but Coup was not the answer to Egypt's problems and this is not to say that MB know how to govern and given how alienated Morsi was from his people in the last days of his government, its suffice to say that Egypt is not ready a democracy altogether whether it be a secularist or Islamist!

For all the folks in Europe supporting Turkey to be in EU, this is the reason why the country should only be taken in given the arm forces never intervene in the democratic process. My friend , how can you talk about democracy and coup in the very same sentence, it is an oxymoron in a sense. As far as Authoritarian governments are concerned, there is a court of law + parliament that keep the government in check but to say that Arm forces should take control of the government given some circumstance shows the lack of maturity in Turkish democracy or the lack of confidence you have in the system.

Dont know what you getting at but we all know Turkey will never join the EU,so no need to cry to Europe about Turkey
The only agreement will be a special relationship like Norway and Switserland have with the EU.
Btw,why do you(as a Canadian) care so much for Europe?

... very shallow discussion it will be, however, this forum needs the basics first.

you live in canada according to the flag in your avatar; therefore you talk accordingly; however; there are many types of democracy; what you are talking about is the ''full'' democracy. whereas i drew a frame in a different way in my very first post here.

while you portray a full democracy; you mix it with authoritarian governments; and give a solution ''court of law + parliament ''; and then you mention about oxymoron; Are you trying to contradict me or yourself?

morsi wount survive a day in Turkey , imagine his party wanted to reduce legal marriage age for women from 18 to 9 , if erdogan did this in Turkey would he survive , I doubt that.

morsi wount survive a day in Turkey , imagine his party wanted to reduce legal marriage age for women from 18 to 9 , if erdogan did this in Turkey would he survive , I doubt that.

Oww, i didn't know that. Erdogan can't say the word "Atatürk", he says Mustafa kemal instead. But he can't dare to remove Atatürk's pictures.

basbakan-erdogan-ataturk-gibi_20110926120412.jpg

erdogan-and-ataturk-617x462.jpg

basbakan-erdogan-ataturk-havalimaninda-basin-toplantisi.jpg

What the fvck?

Looks like Morsi got what he deserved. Pedophile SOB

What the fvck?

Looks like Morsi got what he deserved. Pedophile SOB

Secular Turks should be happy Erdo lost his ally in Egypt , with Arabs themselves rising against political Islam , the moderate branch in AKP will now force erdo to halt his attempts in bringing religion into politics.

After ALL the MB group does not share any of the values the Turkish society holds , I Just cannot understand until today how the Turkish goverment could ally itself with an extremist organisation like MB .

The MB would have been a burden on Turkey so its gone they are gone now.

Oww, i didn't know that. Erdogan can't say the word "Atatürk", he says Mustafa kemal instead. But he can't dare to remove Atatürk's pictures.

basbakan-erdogan-ataturk-gibi_20110926120412.jpg

erdogan-and-ataturk-617x462.jpg

basbakan-erdogan-ataturk-havalimaninda-basin-toplantisi.jpg

whoever attacked ataturk got cursed , a few of the MB members criticized the protests in Taksim 3 weeks ago and look what happened they got sacked and now chased like rats in the streets of cairo .

kemalism is the only way for Turkey to remain prosperous , respected and strong as it is now .

Under kemalism Turkey was neither prosperous, respected or strong its just oppressed the majority of its people.

It is under the AKP Turkey has become prosprous, respected and strong

Im guessing Sea of Friendship between the Egyptian and Turkish Navy wont happen any time soon if Erdogan has anything to say about it. Although, both nations armed forces enjoy a close professional relationship. Can the Turkish armed forces participate in military maneuvers with the Egyptian armed forces regardless of the political relationship or not?

Sea of Friendship-2011

Would of liked to see these guys train with their Turkish counterparts

Egyptian naval special forces

Last edited by a moderator:
Im guessing Sea of Friendship between the Egyptian and Turkish Navy wont happen any time soon if Erdogan has anything to say about it. Although, both nations armed forces enjoy a close professional relationship. Can the Turkish armed forces participate in military maneuvers with the Egyptian armed forces regardless of the political relationship or not?

Most of our Egyptian friends here are mixing support for democracy with support for Mursi. Why do you think good relations of both countries will diminish.

Back
Top Bottom