Putin knows US pressure is tough

However US can certainly send Turkey into a downward spiral and recession

better to stick to US side and I am not even pro-US

Russia will not damage Turkey over S400

Putin knows US pressure is tough

However US can certainly send Turkey into a downward spiral and recession

better to stick to US side and I am not even pro-US
And after that ??

What happens tomorrow when your defense industry develop something that angers the US ??

Should we accept the YPG and the PKK now because of US protection and pressure too??

If you do what you say now you will lose all credibility, honor but most importantly you will bend over every time the US says so

The US will do it's best to weaken turkey it is obvious by now they will find a different excuse to enable sanctions maybe use the gas issue in Mideterranean as new excuse

What will you do then ?? Surrender that too?

Turkey opposes israel , develops its own weapons , Turkey is a rising regional power that does its own foreign policy

If you want the US off your back you need to remove all the above and stop it

And after that ??

What happens tomorrow when your defense industry develop something that angers the US ??

Should we accept the YPG and the PKK now because of US protection and pressure too??

If you do what you say now you will lose all credibility, honor but most importantly you will bend over every time the US says so

The US will do it's best to weaken turkey it is obvious by now they will find a different excuse to enable sanctions maybe use the gas issue in Mideterranean as new excuse

What will you do then ?? Surrender that too?

Turkey opposes israel , develops it's own weapons , rising regional power that does it's own foreign policy

If you want the US off your back you need to remove all the above and stop it

yes and a very stupid way to destroy your own country

US will not do anything like that since they never stoped Turkey from these things before

F35 is a 5th generation fighter and S400 is also a top tier system, this is a unprecedented situation thats never happened before

compromise now and you will reap the benefits later on

this type of chest thumping will get you nowhere

up and until now Turkey has had it pretty good with US and their defence exports are sky rocketing

keep your head down for next 5 years build indigenous versions of what you can and fight when you are stronger

US will not do anything like that since they never stoped Turkey from these things before

F35 is a 5th generation fighter and S400 is also a top tier system, this is a unprecedented situation thats never happened before

up and until now Turkey has had it pretty good with US and their defence exports are sky rocketing

keep your head down for next 5 years build indigenous versions of what you can and fight when you are stronger

Yes, we can develop weapons. What about our economy? This is not a weapons race for us. We are a country vulnerable by the economy. Hitting us with weapons are much less effective than playing with our wallets...

I think that situation is far more complex then the choice of a weapon system. why is Turkey wiling to risk all of this for S400? why it chose S400 instead of european system for exmpl? they scrapped old tender when Chinese system was chosen after US objected.Whats diferent this time around? Why was there no pushback from turkish military on the issue, I think AKP and Erdogan wouldnt go in this direcdtion if there is strong opposition in the military high ranks to this. Maybe they know something that public doesnt? Why other major NATO countries didnt object to Turkeys choice of S400 citing 'security issues'? Why are pro-Israel hawks in US Congres leading campaign on this issue? why did Erdogan in western press all of suddend became the Sultan? why are the same think-thanks that are pushing for sanctions also pushed negative narratives about Anadolu and Bora projects? Maybe choice isnt abpout S400 and F35, but about Turkeys place in the new regional order, between independence and subservience? There are levels to this situation beyond the surfice... and to begin to undestrand this situation one first must find answers to the questions above.

Mark my words, the sanctions won't be that harsh. Why? Because the US is about to declare the 'deal of the century' to end the Palestinian conflict.

I don't think that Kushner wants a massive Turkish objection on his deal which would harm his plan even more.

Or, it's the other way around. America will massively threaten us to ensure that our government s'huts up on the anti-Palestinian plans of Kushner.

I really believe that this is also a possibility.

My suggestion : Turkey should receive S 400 BUT they shouldn't deploy them and be active . The negotiation with US should start in high level .
Turkey requests should be :
- Deploying Patriot ( or more advanced air defense missile) as soon as possible
- Turkey should participate in development and production of air defense missile program
- If the two point above confirmed by US : Turkey will sell S 400 to third country ( Qatar , Azerbijan and of course after taking confirmation from russia)

What if the s400 was deployed in kktc, we’d pull the same stunt as Greece did. Since Turkey is the only country to recognize kktc the us won’t be able to bitch, unless they address kktc directly. Which could open up recognition.

But these comments belong in a different thread.

A public announcement cancelling purchase of Atak is not going to make me feel happy.

I’d prefer to know that we’re in the process of developing all foreign gadgets in-house

Do you now understand that you were wrong?
once you develp your own weapon, you can create issues for big countries in every piece of the world.. thats why the negotiation change dramatically.. in Turkish mind, you either become free, or nothing.

I am against Erdogan buying S400

And I am a Erdogan supporter always have been

Maybe he knows something we don’t like Trump giving him guarantees that they won’t put sanctions on

But as for now F35 should have been priority not S400

It was hugely beneficial to Turkish developing indigenous 5th aircraft

China for years made fuselage and wings for Boeing then switched to ARJ21, C919 and CR929

Time will tell if it was a bad decision or not

I am against Erdogan buying S400

And I am a Erdogan supporter always have been

Maybe he knows something we don’t like Trump giving him guarantees that they won’t put sanctions on

But as for now F35 should have been priority not S400

It was hugely beneficial to Turkish developing indigenous 5th aircraft

China for years made fuselage and wings for Boeing then switched to ARJ21, C919 and CR929

Time will tell if it was a bad decision or not

Turkey's relationship with America went down the gutter once America started supporting and arming the Kurds (against ISIS). It's too late now. As long as the war in Syria continues, the relationship will remain frozen, may be will get worse.

Back
Top Bottom