What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

After Artem, Yuzhnoye State Design Office also started to use Repkon Flowforming machine.

slide6Den.jpg
slide7Den.jpg

I think there will be transition to common flight platforms between the two countries. Start training Mushak, further training Hürkuş, training jet Hürjet. Maybe the future fighter TFX.

Azerbaijan can also participate in the partnership. They bought Mushak from Pakistan.If Hürkuş will be announced to buy Azerbaijan, the three countries will have joint training aircraft.

Turkish defense company to export domestically-developed arms to Balkans

A Turkish defense company said Thursday it signed a $10-million contract for export of domestically-developed electroshock weapon Wattozz.

Albayraklar Defense Technologies Industry Inc, which developed the weapon, inked a collective agreement with Zagreb-based firm Kalender Consulting for the representation and distribution of the Wattozz in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia.

In a written statement Adnan Albayrak, executive board chairman of the company, explained the weapon's high demand was the fact that it is the world's first and only remote-controlled wireless electroshock device.

Saying that the use of firearms will be reduced when police forces start to use the electroshock weapon, Albayrak added: "Unwanted situations such as death and severe injury will be prevented. We are very happy and proud of the great interest shown by the world security forces and private security units in our domestic weapons. We also started evaluating distribution and purchase requests one by one and making agreements."

The statement said a preliminary sales contract was also signed with Georgia-based company Ayem Caucasus, adding that there will be meetings in the near future with delegations from Germany, England and Vietnam.

A $5-million contract was previously signed with Malaysian Dian Synergy Company, the statement said.

Wattozz is a remote-controlled, multi-shot wireless electroshock weapon, which the company describes as "the most advanced non-lethal law enforcement weapon in the world." The weapon is designed to incapacitate an offender from a safe distance without causing death or permanent injury.

source:https://www.dailysabah.com/defense/...export-domestically-developed-arms-to-balkans

I remember them denying any deal around a month ago - seems it was true back then too. This is great news IMO. It widens the export portfolio of Turkey's armed products and legimitizes them as a whole.

It's good to remember that not all US weapons are "top notch" - but the ones that actually are great carry the others by the positive image they've managed to create.

Having said that I'm not trying to say that the TB2 is anything but top notch in it's own category.

It'll be a great asset for Ukrain for taking care of rebels crossing over from Russia to cause problems. But also the current ones.

I remember them denying any deal around a month ago - seems it was true back then too. This is great news IMO. It widens the export portfolio of Turkey's armed products and legimitizes them as a whole.

It's good to remember that not all US weapons are "top notch" - but the ones that actually are great carry the others by the positive image they've managed to create.

Having said that I'm not trying to say that the TB2 is anything but top notch in it's own category.

Indeed a great news.
I wonder if this deal has some fruther background. lets speculate, a ukrainian rocket engine, designes,s some other clandastine cooperation. Yeah, i know that US stopped this during Obama admin. Maybe something changed with Trump. Or something. UAV will serously impact ukrainian army capabilities, I dont think Russians are to happy about this deal

Aren’t those guys in Luhansk and Donetsk operating BUKs and Pantsirs? How effective will TB2 be against those systems?

Aren’t those guys in Luhansk and Donetsk operating BUKs and Pantsirs? How effective will TB2 be against those systems?

Still a win, imagine forcing SAM's with cheap drones. You can effectively over saturate them - or even sacrifice the drone for other gains. It's still a very valuable win. Effective anti drone systems aren't in the market yet (i.e. the current solutions are way to expensive to be considered viable).

Russians says the number of TB2 is 12

I've seen Twitter sources claim it's 6 drones + 3 ground stations. The Ukrainian's seem to have chosen these based on their performance and more importantly wide subsystem and weapon choices (again, various sources from twitter).

Then we sell ukraine Akıncı Uav. Akıncı will be able to carry som cruıse missile which is a nightmare for air defence systems.

grafik-akinci.jpg

Back
Top Bottom