What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Here is another summary:
  • The contract date is 2010 as written in the Sozcu,
  • The tests nowadays conducted on are for the launchers broken by Pakistan,
  • Pakistan accepted and got MKEK-tested 288 launchers in 2012, broke some due to poor quality cheap non-Nato ammo that was not used in the very first trials and not in the criteria of Pakistan,
  • Pakistan paid no any money for neither the contract nor the fix, also confiscated 288 launchers and refused to send back despite the request of Turkey,
  • Turkey fixed the accepted launchers as a gesture not written in the contract,
  • Some 200 launchers could not be delivered in 2014 and since then waiting to rust in the storage of MKEK,
  • Pakistan meantime produced ''indigenous'' launchers recently without any cost, risk or R&D, thanks to probable ToT from Turkey,
  • Turkey, Turk taxpayers and Turk defence industry got damaged and disreputed, national defence know-how leaked to third party,
  • The Turk producer is going to International court for this,
All those facts and articles are mentioned in the same 2 sources ''Sözcü'' and ''Turan Oguz'', open for any Turk member to read and confirm, or google for another source.

However, The question is why you still deny, worse cover and whitewash without showing any single official or even unofficial evidence.

Legal rights and Reputation of Turkey, Turk nation and industry have been damaged nationally and internationally; National and Intenational courts have to be applied for the damage including possible industrial theft. Pakistan set a very harmful example for other countries and rivals about Turkey, litterally ripped off Turkey in front of the whole world. Pakistan also set anohter example about her way of doing business as heads up for Turkey and other countries.

Turkey should slow down the process with Pakistan for the sake of her Reputation in global world and market.

The director of MKE said they completed these tests in january of 2018, and it failed the -40 degree's test. And that they fixed this issue and will test again in the following weeks.

Quote from source (as posted on twitter by Turan Oguz):
"Sonuc itibariyla, yil basinda Pakistan'da yapilan testlerde basari saglandi. Sadece, biraz once belirttigim gibi eksi derecelerde atilan muhammatlarda bir sikinti goruldu. Bunu da duzelttik. Onumuzdeki hafta 8 nisan-14 nisan tarhileri arasinda ekibimiz Pakistan'da silahlari goturup burada yeniden testlerini yapacagiz. Biz bu testlerle surecin tamamlanacigini umit ediyoruz...."

The whole ToT speculation of yours has proven to be incorrect by @HRK post #2466, so I don't understand why you are still bringing that up. And if the ToT thing were to be true, they would've given the launchers back because they can create their own launcher now and wouldn't have to pay any money to MKE. The rest of your post is just conjecture. Just to clarify, the whole contract is worth 10 million $ btw (488 launchers), not just the 288 launchers that was delivered.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make in the second paragraph, re-read it.
And I didn't use Sozcu as reference, I used the documents tweeted by Turan Oguz as reference. They specify that the whole contract is worth 10 million $ and that there were some technical problems and incompatibility issues with the local ammo. It didn't specify that Pakistan didn't pay the money in those documents, but that doesn't mean it's not there though. He hasn't posted the whole document.

By the way, both Pakistan and MKE are right by the way. They each have their own valid arguments. Pakistan expects a working product, and is right to postpone payment until that criteria is met. At the end of the day, customer is king and MKE is handling this very professionally and correctly.

But MKE should've foreseen the ammo incompatibility issue's beforehand to be honest and shouldn't have been in this situation to begin with.
In gun reviews the reviewers always test various ammo to see if they still work properly. And usually the weapons that can chew out even the cheapest of ammo's are reviewed most favorably. I don't know much about guns etc. but even I know about that, so MKE should've anticipated this ammo thing from the get-go when producing those launchers.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, the whole contract is worth 10 million $ btw (488 launchers), not just the 288 launchers that was delivered.
In this case I can say with confidence that no TOT was sought with this deal, as the contract value of this deal is less than the official offset policy related to defence manufacturing in Pakistan.

dd06d72e-6382-429e-96e2-904be5ccce6a.png

I posted in the Middle East section exactly about these relations. :)

Al Shabab isnt linked to KSA. They are somalian AL kaida offshoot. And as all of theirs offshots they hate Saudis, esspecially now with MBS in charge.

Its not suprise turkish base is in its croshairs cause it training SNLa. And Turkey is there to stay.For Shabab TSK base and presence is an exestential treath.

If its Shabab. Did they take the respoinasability? I wouldn be suprised if its just pinned on them and that perpetretors are UAE payed proxies. Turkey is a big spoiler to their neocolonial project in parts of Somalia. Esspeciali Puntland and Somaliland. They were trown out from Mogadishu.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom