What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

I know. I don't get the point of writing this under my comment.
Because it sounded like you were sarcastic when you wrote "and they are defence experts". AFAIK Turkey did not have a air-to-surface missile for helicopters or UAV like UMTAS before UMTAS was made. (The comparison says "for rotary-wing aircrafts and UAV'S"). Thats why they simply made a comparison in the capabilities that the two weapon platforms (TOW & UMTAS) offer.

Because it sounded like you were sarcastic
I was. And at first, i thought that you are just giving random information for people so i didnt get the relevance :D

UMTAS and TOW are different class missiles. Comparison cannot be justified with writing that "air to ground missiles from rotary wings and UAVs", if so some can bring very well a comparison between TOW and Cirit, or Penguin. o_O They are also different class air to ground missiles, that can be fired from rotary wing aircrafts.

That is why comparing different class weapons does not make any sense.

I was. And at first, i thought that you are just giving random information for people so i didnt get the relevance :D

UMTAS and TOW are different class missiles. Comparison cannot be justified with writing that "air to ground missiles from rotary wings and UAVs", if so some can bring very well a comparison between TOW and Cirit, or Penguin. o_O They are also different class air to ground missiles, that can be fired from rotary wing aircrafts.

That is why comparing different class weapons does not make any sense.

Well it depends, did Turkey ever use TOW on its helicopters?

BTW TOW or other wired missiles still remain big importance against laser warning systems with their cheap price.
Laser guiding missiles like CIRIT being cost effective, On contrary They can be detected by laser warning systems.
Today almost every tank has this warning systems and pasive protection systems against Laser guided missiles. This systems significantly must be cheaper than APSs.
Therefor in order to hinder those systems every army must have cheaper alternative wired missiles like TOW.
You cant afford to arm all your anti-tank brigades with IR seekers UMTAS or JAVELINs.

KARAOK, OMTAS, UMTAS, TEMREN, and all variants of these missile types have the same core architecture. All these programs, which started with OMTAS-UMTAS, is a member of the fire-forget/fire-observe&update anti-armor missile family which has various guidance characteristics from 50 meters to 30 km and can be use from Tek-Er to navy hellicopters

Nefer completed costumer acceptance test on field. Kazakstan’s new state of art turret, Nefer will be produced for Kazakstan brothers.

DZmYYvOXkAAKLI-
DZmYaoCX4AEsxog

Nefer turrets will be produced by KAE.

Back
Top Bottom