What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Turkish political support to Qatar during Arab blocked paid off.
Yes and No...
Turkey sales to Qatar since the beginning are not "Proportional to Turkey stance on this matter"...
The Size of each order...are quite "restricted"...
And the big tickets and those with important size...are given to Others, Like France, for his IFVs... Or Italy for Corvette/Frigate... and so on...

Yes and No...
Turkey sales to Qatar since the beginning are not "Proportional to Turkey stance on this matter"...
The Size of each order...are quite "restricted"...
And the big tickets and those with important size...are given to Others, Like France, for his IFVs... Or Italy for Corvette/Frigate... and so on...
Exactly. Also, the SA-UAE-EGY axis criticism of Turkey regarding its cooperation with Qatar has been disproportionate to their criticism of say France & Italy.

I think what's important is that they're willing to buy our products and hopefully have positive experience with it. I don't know if it's a good idea to give tech transfer so soon after developing something, but perhaps that's the only option we have if we want to enter a market dominated by others.

DYOwrimXUAAkEWp.jpg

DYOwq2wW4AAbkW4.jpg

DYOwsfFW0AMKwWk.jpg

DYOwtsWW0AAoNZm.jpg

Turkish defense companies clinch key deals in Qatar
DOHA
5aa8cab1d3806c2ec4afe5e7.jpg

Turkey’s leading defense firms have announced significant agreements with Qatari officials on the sidelines of a sector exhibition in Doha, pledging to deliver key products, including drones and armored vehicles.

Turkish unmanned aircraft producer Baykar Makina signed an agreement on March 14 to export six armed unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) to Qatar’s armed forces.

Under the agreement, six Bayraktar TB2 armed UAV Platforms, three ground control station systems and equipment, and a UAV training simulator will be delivered within a year, as reported by Anadolu Agency.

Baykar will also set up a UAV operation center and network-based data tracing and archiving software for Qatar’s Armed Forces.

The agreement was signed on the sidelines of the Doha International Maritime Defense Exhibition and Conference (DIMDEX 2018), which lasts through March 14.

One of Turkey’s leading automotive companies will deliver a total of 85 armored vehicles to Qatar, the company’s chair said on March 13.

Speaking to state-run Anadolu Agency, BMC head Ethem Sancak said the company will produce 50 BMC Kirpi [Hedgehog] Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles and 35 BMC Amazon 4x4 multi-purpose armored vehicles for Qatar, without giving any further details about the timeframe.

Sancak said the production will come into existence within the scope of an export deal on March 13 signed by BMC and Barzan Holding on the sidelines of the Doha International Maritime Defense Exhibition and Conference (DIMDEX 2018) in the Qatari capital Doha.

“Exports is important for Turkey. Previously we sold our vehicles to the Turkmenistan and Tunisian armies,” he added.

Turkey’s Anadolu Shipyard on March 13 said it signed an agreement to build two training warships for Qatar’s navy.

The planned ships will have the capacity to train 72 naval cadets, the shipyard’s chairman, Sualp Ürkmez, told state-run Anadolu Agency.

At the exhibition, Qatari officials also signed separate deals with Turkey’s Ares and Yonca-Onuk shipyards for another 17 military vessels.

More than 30 Turkish companies are taking part in this year’s DIMDEX exhibition.

Am I the only one so excited about this Baykar deal? FYI this is the first time we are exporting a strategic UAV. And my gut tells me that this 6 piece is just a precedent, they will order even more in the future. Also having another country buy it is a big endorsement for the bayraktar.
Does anyone have any idea about the price?

BMC and naval base? Is BMC now in the construction sector or what are they supposed to do?

BMC has the vehicles to build a larger base, perhaps they've gained enough experience or will gain it, once it's built one for Qatar. it's ½ owned by Qatar anyway.

BMC has the vehicles to build a larger base, perhaps they've gained enough experience or will gain it, once it's built one for Qatar. it's ½ owned by Qatar anyway.
BMC is 100% Turkish owned...
Qatar did Invest some 250-300M$ back in the days...

Therefore... Qatar is just making that investment worth... They are getting quite a good Discount at every Order...
So Of course Qatar will want to "Choose" BMC over Others... and Add to it...some extra- Interesting advantage on the line..

Nothing more...Nothing less.

BMC is 100% Turkish owned...
Qatar did Invest some 250-300M$ back in the days...

Therefore... Qatar is just making that investment worth... They are getting quite a good Discount at every Order...
So Of course Qatar will want to "Choose" BMC over Others... and Add to it...some extra- Interesting advantage on the line..

Nothing more...Nothing less.
There were news in Turkey that in 2014 BMCs 49% were sold to the Qatari Military Attaché Hemaid Abdulkareem Al Hajri. On Nov. 3, 2014, Qatari Al Hajri became one of the three board members of BMC Otomotiv, who has the right of A-plus signature authorization. Others named in the report were Nasser Hasan Al Qader and Nasser Hassan N. A. Al Naimi. These people have the power to represent the company on each platform, claimed the report. The source is Hurriyet Daily News that quoted Cumhuriyet. Of course I take it with suspicion and I am sure other more experienced members can tell us more about that. I am just sharing the news.

Back
Top Bottom