What's new

Turkish capital Ankara rocked by fatal explosion

An explosion has taken place in the Kizilay neighbourhood of the Turkish capital Ankara, and reports say some people have been injured.

The cause of the blast is not yet clear.

Witnesses say the explosion happened near the main bus station on Ataturk boulevard and close to many government ministries. Some vehicles were on fire.

Last month, a bomb attack on a military convoy in Ankara killed 28 people and injured scores more.

A Turkey-based Kurdish militant group said it carried out that attack.
bbc.com

1280.jpg

An explosion has ripped through a park in Ankara, killing and wounding an unknown number of people, a senior security official has said.

Alleged CCTV footage from the incident appeared to show a car slow to a stop as it drives past a stationary bus before a massive explosion obscures the camera. Pictures posted on social media immediately after the blast show a bus almost completely destroyed.

Officials told Reuters that gunfire was heard after the explosion, which occurred near a transit hub in the Kizilay neighbourhood of the Turkish capital on Sunday evening.

The blast took place close to Güvenpark. Police have closed the area and emergency services are responding to the incident.

More details soon ...Turkish capital Ankara rocked by fatal explosion | World news | The Guardian
People of Pakistan stand by our Turkish brothers. May ALLAH grant all those who were martyred in this attack with highest place in Jannah and with Shifat of RASOOL SAW Ameen. All those terrorists will ROT IN HELL.
:pakistan::pakistan:
Turkey.gif
Turkey.gif

@cabatli_53 @Neptune @Hakan

From what I have read they wanted to prevent pictures of victims showing on the internet

again... people will use proxies and VPN to post whatever they want..........i say let Nation know what happen to their innocent countrymen, so they can deal with those animal terrorists with more rage and anger,

It's not about wishes, and has nothing to do with being Russian, this is a new realty for turks.

Are you ok?
Dont you know that we have an enemy called PKK for about 40 years who is doing this all the time?
What about the emerging threat of ISIS and their ability to launch attacks. The rise of ISIS has been proportional to the newly occurring violence in Turkey. Yet the enemy remains the PKK. Personally I think the PKK situation in Turkey is as grave or similar to Pakistan's situation with Balochistan. Both regions have not been integrated properly and I believe the grievances of the local people are genuine.

People often have a chauvinistic view of ethnic problems. Personally I believe in giving ethnic groups their rights though it obviously does not mean that we support insurgent groups involved in bombings and killings.

yes no one should be glad that innocent die but this all started because erdogan had an ottoman fantasy now look at all the death in the region
Its always fascinating that Turkey gets all the blame for everything happening in ME, reading your posts, one might think the dictators clinging to their inherited thrones and killing thousands just not to loose it arent to be blamed at all.
Thats pkk for gods sake they have been doing this for decades, it was way before Syria the case, the only difference is that our stupid goverment turned a blind eye to pkk activities during peace process.

How would your reaction be if MB made an suicide attack in Cairo and people come up with half assed excuses like ''Its unfortunate that innocents died but its Sisi's fault because he toppled a democratically elected goverment''
Sure such a post would make you angry because even if MB was elected demoratically they were no saints, not to mention nothing justifies terrorism.
All this a side, knowing your posting history i know you are not fond of Turks god knows why, mabe because of historical reasons or something else, well doesnt matter anyway but try to be a little bit objective, your post has absolutely no reference to ground reality.

It's not about wishes, and has nothing to do with being Russian, this is a new realty for turks.

We are still waiting for you to take revenge on the plane we shot down.... still waiting... still waiting for supa powa russia.

Seems like noone cares.

Can someone ban this guy, we lost civilians and he is mocking us.

You are acting like a kid.

It has nothing to do with my nationalty. If you read news you will see what i see. Or you may not, i do not care.

According to photo, its looks like noone cares. Its not my wish or my plan LOL.

This thread is about a bombing in Turkey by terrorists where civilians died, all you do is post that it was not the first time and not the last time.

You are making fun of us while we lost civilians.

Someone ban this russian for breaking forum rules.

No, its used for them..

How do you mean?

I googled "supa powa" and some company comes up selling wireless power I think.

My definition of "supa powa" is when a country "thinks" it's a super power but can't enforce it because in reality it is not a super power.

Like russia pulling out of Syria today, because they can't afford it anymore and their people are starving, even their embargo on Turkey made them suffer more than Turkey, now they can't afford tomato :)

India I wouldn't call "supa powa" because they don't try to act like one and bully others, India is very peaceful not like russia at all.

People I talk to from Pakistan and India are very similar in nature, it's just the religion/mentality that makes you different in character and in general people from Pakistan and India are good, calm and honest people.

You were same people in history right?

Back
Top Bottom