What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Sukhoi offers partnership for Sukhoi Super Jet (SSJ) to Türkiye...

Sukhoi SSJ için Türkiye'ye ortaklık teklif ediyor

1.jpg

If Putin really wanted to throw Turkey 'a bone', let us manufacture important components of their upcoming MS-21 narrowbody jetliner. As in wings, wingbox etc. That's going to sell a couple hundred copies. This SSJ is a niche aircraft, for which I don't see too much future. Not going to happen. Perhaps a stealthified PAK-FA produces in TR? Open up a nice big plant in Yalova please.

Not going to happen. Perhaps a stealthified PAK-FA produces in TR? Open up a nice big plant in Yalova please.
I agree with you about Sukhoi, the competitors are just too big and have a good image in the world, i cant imagine a big Airline to buy those.
But Russia letting produce parts for their fighter jet in a NATO country? :cheesy:

I agree with you about Sukhoi, the competitors are just too big and have a good image in the world, i cant imagine a big Airline to buy those.
But Russia letting produce parts for their fighter jet in a NATO country? :cheesy:

Semi joking. But yeah, I don't believe NATO has a law against buying non-NATO equipment (yeah, they'll cry about integration). And Turkey, as it grows and becomes more powerful, gets more and more leeway in deciding stuff like this. I could see it happening in the future. The HQ-9 purchase was just the beginning I reckon.

Semi joking. But yeah, I don't believe NATO has a law against buying non-NATO equipment (yeah, they'll cry about integration). And Turkey, as it grows and becomes more powerful, gets more and more leeway in deciding stuff like this. I could see it happening in the future. The HQ-9 purchase was just the beginning I reckon.
Why would Turkey go for Russian aircrafts if its already going for F-35 and started to develop a domestic one?

Why would Turkey go for Russian aircrafts if its already going for F-35 and started to develop a domestic one?

Yeah I meant as air dominance fighter. Sure Turkey has started it and I hope it happens, it's just that perhaps it's more doable to do something like India with Pak-fa, meaning full production and assembly, COdevelopment and export capabilities. It just seems too difficult for Turkey to start out of nowhere into the 5th gen stealth business. Look at the US how much difficulty they have with the f-35. Been damn near a decade since first flight, and we're still nowhere NEAR full capability. Just BS IOC by 2016.

Yeah I meant as air dominance fighter. Sure Turkey has started it and I hope it happens, it's just that perhaps it's more doable to do something like India with Pak-fa, meaning full production and assembly, COdevelopment and export capabilities. It just seems too difficult for Turkey to start out of nowhere into the 5th gen stealth business. Look at the US how much difficulty they have with the f-35. Been damn near a decade since first flight, and we're still nowhere NEAR full capability. Just BS IOC by 2016.
I agree with you on this but a cooperation with Russia is even more unlikely.

I agree with you on this but a cooperation with Russia is even more unlikely.

Yeah my dad always says the Russians are an exceptionally unreliable partner, even leaving aside the Nato non-Nato thing. Let's try then with the Turkish plane. Korean cooperation right? I hope it's worth it. Even if it would be at a net loss/non export potential, it would be an enormous leap in Turkish aerospace development. And central asia might be a lot richter in 10-15 years, we'll sell some to them:D

Through the Embargo the Russian lost Access to western Aircraft Electronic Parts ! The Advances turkish Industry gained during the last year they see turkish Parts as an alternative to western Aircraft Electronic !

I don't think the embargo goes that far. Actually I know it doesn't, I'm an aircraft buff and follow Airliners. net regularly, Sukhoi is still producing the SSJ. It's mostly Western avionics and what not. I guess Russia wants Turkey to buy a crapload of the SSJ. I've heard it does well in service. But hey only Boeing and Airbus for Turkey. They can sell Sukhoi to Uzbekistan.

Russians have a lot of problems with ther stealth fighter Pakfa, lets see how this will end. In the end F35 will be
I don't think the embargo goes that far. Actually I know it doesn't, I'm an aircraft buff and follow Airliners. net regularly, Sukhoi is still producing the SSJ. It's mostly Western avionics and what not. I guess Russia wants Turkey to buy a crapload of the SSJ. I've heard it does well in service. But hey only Boeing and Airbus for Turkey. They can sell Sukhoi to Uzbekistan.

We will never buy a sukhoi, what they want is buy some electonics and parts for ther SSJ as some members mentioned. NATO standards are very quality products, russian are have problems with ther parts. They are looking for manufacturers, as Turkey deliver parts for Airbus and Boeing.

Russians have a lot of problems with ther stealth fighter Pakfa, lets see how this will end. In the end F35 will be

We will never buy a sukhoi, what they want is buy some electonics and parts for ther SSJ as some members mentioned. NATO standards are very quality products, russian are have problems with ther parts. They are looking for manufacturers, as Turkey deliver parts for Airbus and Boeing.

Well it's good to be a supplier why not? If there is money to be made, let's SELL parts to Russian manufacturers. Only expands our aerospace experience. US and EU suppliers supply more than half of Sukhoi Superjet.

Anyway, let's just say all 5th gens are experiencing big problems. F35 is a known problem maker, but so was the f22. Even in service problems. They are pushing the boundries of technology. There are bound to be problems. I hope the Russians can overcome theirs. There needs to be balance in the world. Not just an all consuming NATO.

Back
Top Bottom