What's new

Turkey’s S-400 vs F-35 dilemma in 2019

F-35 vs S-400; If Turkey had to choose one, which one should it choose?

• F-35

• S-400

Results are only viewable after voting.

When i watched the video, i would be happy if they kick us out of the program. But againg the CAATSA is problem, our fighters would be grounded...:(

Last edited:
F35 is officially over for us. Let's see if we can finish the S400. I doubt it...

F35 is officially over for us. Let's see if we can finish the S400. I doubt it...

20 years worth of endeavor, investment and planning just wasted for one weapon system that won't even work with full capacity developed by our regional "rival" :) I still think we are gonna make concessions and come back to the program but who knows.

20 years worth of endeavor, investment and planning just wasted for one weapon system that won't even work with full capacity developed by our regional "rival" :) I still think we are gonna make concessions and come back to the program but who knows.

It has absolute nothing to do with a weapon system. Its about a sovereign country.

Think it's time to order SU-57's

And we should immediately start working on drones that will work with our upcoming carriers.

Think it's time to order SU-57's

And we should immediately start working on drones that will work with our upcoming carriers.

Not a good idea imo.After S 400,potential buying of Su-57 would make Turkey quite dependent on Russian technology,not to mention definitely out of NATO.
Turkey would be far better(long term) investing those money in TAI TFX fighter and on speeding up the development of it's own long range air defense systems.

Not a good idea imo.After S 400,potential buying of Su-57 would make Turkey quite dependent on Russian technology,not to mention definitely out of NATO.
Turkey would be far better(long term) investing those money in TAI TFX fighter and on speeding up the development of it's own long range air defense systems.

In my opinion we should buy SU-57's because all our enemies are arming themselves. For instance even though Greece can't afford it, the US will give them F35's just to deter us. If we don't acquire new jets in the next 5 years then we will be left behind.

If we can spend a billion dollars on a presidential palace then we can afford to spend a lot more on our fighter jets. So we should buy SU-57's and at the same time focus on the our own fighter program. We need to build up our airforce as soon as possible.

there were talks about how can Turkey accommodate both S-400 and F-35 . US is not keen to kick Turkey out of it orbit as yet . Turkish defense infrastructure is based on west so i don't think it will be easy or wise for Turkey to out of western block . Turkey and US must find a way how to solve the crisis .

Can’t believe US did this

Turkey is a NATO member

They have officially stopped training the pilots if Turkey orders S400

This is coming from Pentagon

Personally I think they should go with F35

It’s worth $12 billion to Turkish industry

The supply chain is very lucrative

In bad economic times take the money

S400 won’t be worth as much

And switching production to Sukhoi will mean losing the current investment

there were talks about how can Turkey accommodate both S-400 and F-35 . US is not keen to kick Turkey out of it orbit as yet . Turkish defense infrastructure is based on west so i don't think it will be easy or wise for Turkey to out of western block . Turkey and US must find a way how to solve the crisis .

This is only the beginning of US blackmail. If Turkey bows down to US demands the blackmail won't stop.

It is make or break moment for Turkey. Surely, a lot of blood and sweat went into F-35 project, but will Turkey become hostage to US demands which could set a terrible precedent in the future?

It would be a bitter pill for Turkey to swallow, but putting focus on strengthening its domestic base would reap its benefits for decades to come.

If I was Turkey I would demand serious ToT on Su-57 from Russia. Additionally add subsystems into Su-57 and know how they got during F-35 project. Refine Su-57 until Turkey is satisfied. Easier said than done, but worth a serious shot. I think Turkey can succeed swiftly along with Russian expertise. Su-57 already has a lot of work and development which is another bonus.

Last edited:
I am almost sure that we will be kicked from Nato in 2 years. Another thing that I am sure is Russia will go away once we will no longer have any benefits for them.

Buying S400 with such conditions was a serious mistake. We should do much more diplomacy and play the refugee card.

Russia will never share Su-57 technology. I don't even believe we will have S400. It will be lots of fun if we don't get them...

Back
Top Bottom