What's new

Turkey's First Indigenous TurboShaft Engine 'TS1400' Prototype Successfully Tested

we have official confirmation that in 3 years (2021) TS1400 engine will be ready to be integrated on T-625 helicopter.

We have yet to have any information on engine pictured here
guzelik-5-jpg.481269

might be
-Turboprop and turbofan engines for bigger drone projects

You’re right bro. It must be Turbofan engine that turboprop variant (550hp) will be used on Akinci strategic drones. Turbofan will also power up MIUS jet powered stealth drone.

mius1.png

Last edited:
atak-2-urun-gorseli.png

Atak-II(6ton) new generation attack helicopter and T-625(6ton) military/civilian utility helicopters will be powered by domestic TS-1400.
Later, Hürkuş turboprop trainer and Akinci HALE(5 ton) drones will use core of TS-1400 engine.
akinci.jpg

Atak-II will use GE T-700 engines which are produced in Turkey. 1400hp engine underpowered for

You’re right bro. It must be Turbofan engine that turboprop variant (550hp) will be used on Akinci strategic drones. Turbofan will also power up MIUS jet powered stealth drone.

mius1.png

Or perhaps Turbojet engine similar to TR50 ?

guzelik.jpg

First member of KTJ family turbojet engine called KTJ-3200 test revealed. It is going to power up mainly cruise missile and anti-ship missile programs. Other members of KTJ will be used for heavier platforms.

What are the ways to improve the thrust to weight ratio? Isn't that the key challenge?

I am not expert bro but I think It is about combustion chamber. Increasing the pressure at internal combustion, feeding the mechanism with more O2 along with more fuel make gas turbine to provide more thrust around limits ofmdeveloped materials but It sacrifices more fuel which causes to loose endurance.

Atak-II will use GE T-700 engines which are produced in Turkey. 1400hp engine underpowered for

We can see from the pictures that ATAK-II will be similar in class-weight to ATAK-I. The weapons load is basically the same. I would say this, till new information arises, ATAK-II is just further indigenisation of ATAK-I. All critical foreign components that can be held back by foreign suppliers removed and replaced with Turkish components.

TEI 550shp five-bladed turboprop engine
550-jpg.490886

@Silahtar

2x prototype turboprop engines to be handed over to Baykar Makina to be fitted trialed and certified on Akinci UCAV within next 3 months. First flight expected in 2019.
AcinciUAV2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow i am so glad by reading that Turks You are great.

cant wait to see that in the sky :)

hope we will see than huge armes sales on uav/ucav too

Back
Top Bottom