What's new

Turkeys Acquisition of The F-35 JSF

So which is better for Turkey F-35 or EF-2000. I am with EF-2000s

I think turkey is committed in buying the F-35. An expensive but inevitable choice. I still believe the plane is inferior to expectations, but still a new generation plane with new capabilities. Capabilities that the EF does not have.

So which is better for Turkey F-35 or EF-2000. I am with EF-2000s

I'd go for the F-35. EF-2000 is a 4+ Gen aircraft with no stealth capability. The F-35's Sensors and avionics are also equal to / outperform the F-22s (According to some sources).

Though I must say i beleieve the ef2000 would outperform the F-35 in Air air superiority missons.

A2G Missions - F-35
SEAD - F-35
EW Suite / Sensors & Avionics - F-35
Air Superiority - EF2000

Edit: Another downside is:

No source codes or ToT with the F-35 where as Eurofighter GmbH is offering (limited) ToT and Production facilities in Turkey.

In our region F-35 is the undisputed winner!!! No country has the ability to challenge it! except Israel but we ll have the quantitative advantage!! 75 -- 100+

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkiye has many multi-role aircrafts now - the F16s, the F-35s, the Phantoms to a lesser extent. I'm not sure what the TFX is supposed to be but every modern air force needs an air superiority fighter too and unless the TFX is designed as such...I would really want to see Turkiye inducting a couple of modern air superiority fighters too. We've got our aging Mirage 3s, the Indians have their Su-30MKIs, the Chinese have their J-11s, the Russians have their Su-27s,30s and the Americans with their F-15s and F-22s.

Turkiye has many multi-role aircrafts now - the F16s, the F-35s, the Phantoms to a lesser extent. I'm not sure what the TFX is supposed to be but every modern air force needs an air superiority fighter too and unless the TFX is designed as such...I would really want to see Turkiye inducting a couple of modern air superiority fighters too. We've got our aging Mirage 3s, the Indians have their Su-30MKIs, the Chinese have their J-11s, the Russians have their Su-27s,30s and the Americans with their F-15s and F-22s.

bro first i want to say I agree with you!

TFX will be the first step!

however, TUAF with Pace Eagle and F-35 fleet will be able to achieve air superiority and in some cases an air supremacy against any aggressor in our region!

bro first i want to say I agree with you!

TFX will be the first step!

however, TUAF with Pace Eagle and F-35 fleet will be able to achieve air superiority and in some cases an air supremacy against any aggressor in our region!

I forgot about the AWACs, my apologies ! I suppose thats also one of the reasons why Pakistan went for the 5 Saabs and 2 ZDK-03 instead of incorporating AESA in the newer variants of the JF-17s because 6-7 AWACs can provide complete coverage of Pakistan a couple of times over and any incoming air craft could be intercepted through more than just an Interceptor !

i no you are not buying apples how much will 60 eurofighters cost prob 5 billion? we can afford

i no you are not buying apples how much will 60 eurofighters cost prob 5 billion? we can afford

No we cant, Most of our annual Budget gose to devolpement, Programs and Project, Not purchases from foreign nations. Clearly you lack knowledge on how global economics work, You just can spend 5 Billion USD on machines you dont need. The TF-X is going to be an Air-superiorty fighter as far i know so that could fullfil that role.

And beside that the EF-2000 isnt excatly worth your money, Look at the leaked Austrian documents for once. The Rafale althoug being cheaper, Crushed the EF-2000 Handdown! So till the TF-X will come our 4 AWACS will be enough.

lol i think the tfx isnt going to happen really making a aircraft jet is really hard and instead we should join kfx project i think and really i wasnt serious about buying the 60 eurofighters i was exagerating but nobody understood anyway i think we need to sell or do soming to f-4s they are old now were the 3rd biggest airforce in nato but we need more modern aircraft instead of numbers we have good f-16s but f-4s now are too old and rubbish

Good for Turkey!
Maybe they can use this tech on their own TFX 5th Gen Jet...

Back
Top Bottom