What's new

Turkeys Acquisition of The F-35 JSF

buying hi-tech weapons when the potential wars are going to be against low-tech countries still operating 1960's era weapons and rebels :rofl:

good for Turkey though, but I don't trust'em with out most sophisticated tech and being part of NATO...they could turncoat in a heartbeat I feel.

They dont owe any loyalty to you, their primary objective is to defend Turkey

As long as you dont mess around with their primary objective you shouldn't have a problem

good for Turkey though, but I don't trust'em with out most sophisticated tech and being part of NATO...they could turncoat in a heartbeat I feel.
Good thing it doesnt matter whether you personally trust Turkey or not, fact is Turkey is Partner of JSF program since almost 2 decades and produces parts for the fighter while Lockheed Martin certified Turkish SOM-J cruise missile for F-35s.

PUB_F-35_Industrial_Map_2008_lg.jpg

F-35-ALCM-test.jpg

Turkey, US to modify the SOM cruise missile for use with F-35 | Defense Update:

Last edited:
SOM-J basically a JSOW-ER :what: small enough to fit internally in a F-35.

my point SOM-J is just a missile tailored to fit inside the F-35 it's nothing special. I like the SOM family, but that's just a missile I'm talking the secrets of the F-35 stealth and avionics.
Well Turkey is part of NATO since almost the beginning, 60 years to be precise, and also part of JSF since 90s im quite sure there isnt any trust issue, at least i dont think the US goverment is stupid enough to let some being part in one of its most advanced weapon systems if there was a possibility of backstabbing.

I dont even know why the hell you are suddenly coming up with such a assumption in the first place tbh.

I would rather say Turkey should be wary of the U.S. They helped the PKK in Syria even when we requested them not to do so. About JSF. It can only be used against Iran, Syria, Russia or China. Using it on another country would be an overkill.

I would rather say Turkey should be wary of the U.S. They helped the PKK in Syria even when we requested them not to do so. About JSF. It can only be used against Iran, Syria, Russia or China. Using it on another country would be an overkill.

if we was arming and training the PKK it's surely not to attack Turkey. if your government would better control the flow of Da'esh rats going from and to Turkey they wouldn't be such a big deal.

if we was arming and training the PKK it's surely not to attack Turkey. if your government would better control the flow of Da'esh rats going from and to Turkey they wouldn't be such a big deal.
If you didn't create a mess in Iraq in 2003 we wouldn't have deash. You also didn't listen in 2003 when we said don't do it.

DAES is if we can believe THE GUARDIAN a US Project decided in 2012 to realize "GREAT MIDDLE EASTERN PROJECT", Change the boarders in that Region.

Back
Top Bottom