What's new

Turkey to Sell 'Bunker Busters' to Pakistan Air Force.

These bombs will be usefull for PAF. The main reason building these weapons in Turkey for caves. Pakistan have simalar terrain with Turkey. It will be definetly usefull for PAF. They can build them selfs or they can buy but definetly will be usefull. At least my opinion. 
We had the basic BLU-109 but this weapon is far more effective.
Yes Turkey have too. If you are not using it US selling but the moment we started to use they stopped selling. This projects started because of that.

that bomb explode when hits the wall and not behind the wall:undecided:..

that bomb explode when hits the wall and not behind the wall:undecided:..

That's the point, brother! It basically consists of two separate charges; one that's meant to breach the first obstacle (wall, roof, etc) on impact, and the second one is the actual payload that's meant to pass through the opening that was created by the first explosion. Notice that the NEB gets "smaller" after the first impact and explosion. This is due to the explosion of the breaching payload - what follows through thereafter is the inner shell which continues its path deeper into the target.

Last edited:
Don't we already produce these ? :what:

No, Pakistan doesn't have bunker buster missiles. Only a few nations have them USA, Israel, Turkiye, UK, France, and a few others. China also produces a penetrator or "bunker buster missile" the DF-15C which is arguably more effective than the Turkish NEB penetrator.

No, Pakistan doesn't have bunker buster missiles. Only a few nations have them USA, Israel, Turkiye, UK, France, and a few others. China also produces a penetrator or "bunker buster missile" the DF-15C which is arguably more effective than the Turkish NEB penetrator.

How is that possible to conclude? Air-dropped munition has several advantages over missile-carried warheads even if they share the same purpose. Terrain, distance, costs, etc. That said, they are both optimal for their own scenarios.

Last edited:
i think this is wrong policy; Turkey should not sell any product untill we secure the production lines of those products.
I second that, absolutely agreed.
Business isn't of my greatest knowledge, but isn't possible that preliminary orders could provide a start-up capital needed to set up and run the mentioned production lines? E.g. the production costs decreases whenever production volumes increases - no?

Business isn't of my greatest knowledge, but isn't possible that preliminary orders could provide a start-up capital needed to set up and run the mentioned production lines? E.g. the production costs decreases whenever production volumes increases - no?
Yes and no,the production line will be there anyway wether new orders come or not.
Most of these projects are started primarily for the own military needs,all export orders are a bonus.
The production costs could decrease(not allways)with new orders. 
i think this is wrong policy; Turkey should not sell any product untill we secure the production lines of those products.
You cant sell whats not there.
If/when they offer something for export,i'm sure the production line is ready.

How is that possible to conclude? Air-dropped munition has several advantages over missile-carried warheads even if they share the same purpose. Terrain, distance, costs, etc. That said, they are both optimal for their own scenarios.

SOM-B2 is a bunker buster cruise missile which is a littile heavier than A and B1 variant.

som-1.jpg

NEB is air launched free-fall guided bomb variant penetrator warhead.

neb.png

Yes and no,the production line will be there anyway wether new orders come or not.
Most of these projects are started primarily for the own military needs,all export orders are a bonus.
The production costs could decrease(not allways)with new orders. 

You cant sell whats not there.
If/when they offer something for export,i'm sure the production line is ready.

Here is an example:

Brian Cloughley, former Australian defense attache to Islamabad, said Congress holds the key to the deal.

“It is most unlikely that either the White House or the Pentagon would attempt to deny an export license to Turkey for T-129 power plants and ancillaries, but the Defense Security Cooperation [Agency] is required to notify Congress of most proposed sales and obtain approval,” he said.

Turkey Pushes T-129 Gunships for Pakistan, but US Could Scupper Deal | Defense News | defensenews.com

-----o------

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, FJordan and some others are interested in the t-129, but if we cannot secure the production line; then the harm to be done is to start with the reputation of Tai/Turkey and will continue with other things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom