What's new

Turkey To Block NATO Ships to Black Sea Report Says

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Reports Say Turkey To Block NATO Ships to The Black Sea
A delegation of top Chinese diplomats have convinced the Turkish government to not grant permission for NATO ships to pass through the Bosphorus straits, according to reports.
Voice of Russia radio reported that the Chinese diplomats succeeded in convincing Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to block entry for the ships, whereas the Continentalist newspaper stated that Chinese diplomats neither confirmed nor denied the reports.
According to Chinese diplomatic sources, China is prepared to veto any decision made by the UN Security Council against Russia in regards to developments in Ukraine, after the UK called an emergency UNSC meeting.

Turkey may block NATO ships from entering Bosphorus | General | Worldbulletin News
Other Turkish Sources:
Rusya: Türkiye NATO gemilerini engelledi - En son haber
Rusya'dan şaşırtan Türkiye iddiası!,GazeteA24
Türkiye NATO gemilerini engelledi!
bosporus-wiki-gnu-map.jpg

Last edited:
A delegation of top Chinese diplomats have convinced the Turkish government to not grant permission for NATO ships to pass through the Bosphorus straits, according to reports.
Voice of Russia radio reported that the Chinese diplomats succeeded in convincing Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to block entry for the ships, whereas the Continentalist newspaper stated that Chinese diplomats neither confirmed nor denied the reports.
According to Chinese diplomatic sources, China is prepared to veto any decision made by the UN Security Council against Russia in regards to developments in Ukraine, after the UK called an emergency UNSC meeting.
Turkey may block NATO ships from entering Bosphorus | General | Worldbulletin News
I didn't believe it until I saw this news on Turkish state t.v

I'm calling 'B.S.'. Who's going up that way, anyway ?

Whats going on around world????

Look like Cold war again started

@Aeronaut I screwed up on the thread title can you change it to:
Turkey To Block NATO Ships to Black Sea
You can change the title yourself.
Focus on the right end of the green strip above the article and you will see an option of thread tools.

A report from a news blog that uses Russian State propaganda as a source......

NATO isn't trying to move any ships into the Black Sea, so why would Turkey make any such decision, let alone make it public.

Turkey being a NATO member is going to block NATO ships because Chinese diplomats have convinced the Turkish government to not grant permission for NATO ships???

Why would NATO send ships into the Black Sea. There are multiple NATO countries on Ukraine's borders.

Right now the Turkish Government is angry at the U.S because of their support for the Gulen Movement which is what could explain this move.I personally didn't believe this report untill I saw it on Turkish State T.V. TRT but I am still skeptical.

Last edited:
Something has to be done about Russia, the world must understand that U.S. can't be ignored!
NATO must grow a pair and send troops to Ukraine right now.

I think the mighty iran should take all their make believe advanced weapons system, go to Crimea and repel those russians. Show everyone what you got.:taz:

Right now the Turkish Government is angry at the U.S because of their support for the Gulen Movement which is what could explain this move. Also Turkey is about to finalize an air defence missile deal with China. I personally didn't believe this report untill I saw it on Turkish State T.V. TRT.
bold part: makes sense

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom