What's new

Turkey shows interest in JF-17 Thunder

All we know for sure is, President Gul expressed interest in the JF-17 program, that's the only thing we know for sure. That leaves alot of gaps in the overall picture, and it's only natural to speculate.

But some theories are really wild here.. twin engined variants of JFT and all that. That's like having a fighter jet that you love so much you begin to imagine that it's perfect in every role. Next thing you know, we'd be suggesting enlarged variants of JFT to replace 747s in service in our airlines.

There is a real possibility that we might one day see JF-17s flying in Turkish colors, and I hope and wish that happens. That'd make me very happy because Turkey's a friendly Muslim country and it's got a special relationship with Pakistan. We'll just have to be patient and see what happens, it depends on alot of variables - whether Turkey's relationship with Israel is really perminantly damaged(availability of US weaponry really gets effected then), how the Turkish economy does in the coming depression, how much our JF-17 really improves over time(it'd have to be quantifiably better than the F-16s which are currently their workhorse - the JFT project is in it's early years and the platform has huge room for improvement, while the Block-60 F-16 is about as good as it'll ever be).

Lets hope for the best!

This news (turkey > JFT-17)looks unreal beacaus turkey already producing F-16 under license if im not wrong then how.................... JF-17..??

Regards,

Sunny

Even if the french deal is supposedly done , R&D with Turkey is well would be leaps and bound of knowledge , Turkish workmanship and knowledge is top notch in quality of workmanship

It shows in the weapons they have developed

Trade goals of turkey , China , Pakistan and other friendly nations are one so makes complete logical sense to develop this sector with Turkey

I think it would be great WIN-WIN situation for China , Turkey , Pakistan in general on
JF-17 program

Turkey just bring that European flair in the detail in craft and workmanship and if it rubs on our local engineers that would really move us 10 years in development efforts

If Turkey is going to provide avionics and armaments and China alredy provides' the engine and frame, then whats going to be Pakistan's role in JF-17 ?

If Turkey is going to provide avionics and armaments and China alredy provides' the engine and frame, then whats going to be Pakistan's role in JF-17 ?

We didn't said that JF17 is 100% Pakistani indigenous but we have contributed alot in this project. World is commercialized, thus China is not fool to give 50% profit to Pakistan on any JF17 sale without PAC helping in JFT R&D. Their must be a big PAF contribution involved in it which is why we will be having 50% profit on its sale.

:cheers:

This news (turkey > JFT-17)looks unreal beacaus turkey already producing F-16 under license if im not wrong then how.................... JF-17..??

Regards,

Sunny
Turkey wants to be independent in every field. If they put a better avionics pakage in Jf 17 and make it more light with modifications (They also did in F 16 i think). then its a better option then F 16 with a cheaper cost.

We didn't said that JF17 is 100% Pakistani indigenous but we have contributed alot in this project. World is commercialized, thus China is not fool to give 50% profit to Pakistan on any JF17 sale without PAC helping in JFT R&D. Their must be a big PAF contribution involved in it which is why we will be having 50% profit on its sale.

:cheers:

You are asking my same questions. What are these contributions?

What goes into a plane other than the frame (China), the engine (China), the avionics(Turkey) and the arms(Turkey) ???

Sometimes an interest in a particular product does not mean that the respected country would adopt the particular product rather it may be an acceptance and appreciation of that product for its high performance and low costs.
Whether Turkey inducts JF-17 or not, i cant comment on that but imo Turkey wont be added as a partnering nation in the JF-17 project. There is hardly a need for that as the avionics package for the first batch is already there while for the next it may very well be an Italian or even Chinese AESA radar with indigenous avionics. French was an intern solution but the recent news of KLJ-10 as the main radar for the 1st batch, french would be hardly needed anymore.

You are asking my same questions. What are these contributions?

What goes into a plane other than the frame (China), the engine (China), the avionics(Turkey) and the arms(Turkey) ???

what ever but the news for you is that we are going to have something deadly Insha Allah...that doesn't matter what contribution we have in JFT, in war no one is going to ask "hey you PAF pilot what did you and your engineer contribute in this aircraft"...what they will be looking for is a deadly fighter coming towards them...oooo yehhhhh :bounce::bounce::china::pakistan:

well Turkey's F 35 still 6 to 7 years away because it is still having probleums in manufacturing and they despraetely need to replace F 5 their is no best fighter jet to replace F 5s than JF 17 and it is coming from reliable friend to turkey and JF 17 is best fighter jet to keep for second strike capability

I think its more likely Pakistan will go for a collaboration with Turkey to develop the avionics and arms. And the Turkey's interest on JF-17 won't go smoothly because of relationship between China isn't good these days.

Super Falcon...Turkey is not desperate to get rid of F-5s they've been upgraded about 4-6 squadrons to be precise and other are being used as advance trainers. Mostly like candidate to replace F-5s are EF-2000 the number is between 60-80 and the number is not the concerned because EF-2000 has a punch and achieve what 3 F-5s would do.
Future is as:
F-16 blks upgraded to 50/52+ 240
EF-2000 4 squadrons 72-80 to replace F-5s
F-35 125+30
replacing remaining F-4s (by 2025 F-35 strength would be 125 atleast)
replacing 2 squadrons of F-4s with latest 30 F-16 blk 52 to be delivered in 2011

well Turkey's F 35 still 6 to 7 years away because it is still having probleums in manufacturing and they despraetely need to replace F 5 their is no best fighter jet to replace F 5s than JF 17 and it is coming from reliable friend to turkey and JF 17 is best fighter jet to keep for second strike capability

As far I know, TAI work on Design Studies for an advanced Jet Training Aircraft. It is like possible that TAI could develop a light Attack Variant. When a indigenous developed advanced Jet Trainer/Light Attack Aircraft will be ready, than such Aircraft would replace T-38 and F-5/2000.

I see no need for inducting JF-17.

I think Abdullah Gul said it because Pakistani minister wanted it like that. The main goal of "Turkey is interested in JF-17"sentence is to increase/accelerate exporting activities of this bird by the help of Turks. Most probably, Turkish and Pakistani counterparts have signed an agreement with Aselsan to share technological abilities with Pakistani institues to create a new JF-17 variant with Aselsan avionics, Counter Measure systems, communication devices, targetting Pods...etc developed in accordance with NATO standarts to expand the marketing activities of this bird towards some Eastern Europe, Caucasins, Asian Turkic republics and MiddileEast countries locating under Turkish influence such as Azerbaijan, Georgia, Albania, Macedonia, Some Arabs..etc.

Note the wordings in the article, it does not mention Turkish ASSISTANCE, rather INTEREST. Assistance will be handy anyway but we already have four options to choose for. The case that Turkish assistance is always superior and ours is inferior is not accurate. Please remember that since we tested babur CM, Turkish interest in Pakistani military developments increased drastically. But it is a heartening development nevertheless.

Note the wordings in the article, it does not mention Turkish ASSISTANCE, rather INTEREST. Assistance will be handy anyway but we already have four options to choose for. The case that Turkish assistance is always superior and ours is inferior is not accurate. Please remember that since we tested babur CM, Turkish interest in Pakistani military developments increased drastically. But it is a heartening development nevertheless.

I think Babur is probably developed with some chinese Asistence. I doubt Pakistan own Key Technologies like Turbojet Engine, DSMAC, TERCOM etc. which is needed to develop a Cruise Missile. Tukish institues are working now on such critical Technologies or they are developed, like the Turbojet - Engine.

The Reason why Defence Cooperation have increased is not because PAK have tested Babur, the main Reason for Defence Cooperation are commom geostrategic Interests and a Brotherhood which dates Back since Timur Khan Conquerd some Parts of historical India(Bharat).

It's in our interest to strengthen Pak's Position in the Region !:pakistan:

Both Babur and Raad have nothing to do with China and are exclusively developed in house by NESCOM under the dynamic leadership of Dr Samar Mubarak Mand. Brotherly relations are indeed deepening with both having a common interest in the region!

Back
Top Bottom