What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

Bro I like Turkey the same way you do but I dislike erdogan who playing a dirty game for his interest this guy will end up getting the whole region in a sectarian war.

on the other hand I have nothing to do with Russia except it is a friend to my country but russian's helping defeating takfirees the same one who killing destabilizing your Pakistan.

dude, you dumb jordanian shouldnt even bring up erdogan. unlike your playstation king who likes to play dumb and frolicks with war criminals like sissi and allows bashar to kill arabs, erdogan does not take kindly to genocidal maniacs.

Russi

Russia Must have to retaliate. Or they will loss face more over Its a huge test for PUTIN leadership who faces lots of popularity crisis among Russians. Think what you will do in PUTIN position? With power you have?

It's very easy to predict. US will back down French will back down Turkey Saudi Qatar will face serious problem for sponsoring terrorism

Russians have to take very calculated move, if they want to retaliate.

One move they can try is to lure TuAF into Syrian airspace then they can go for shooting spree from sea, ground and air against them.

Russi

Russia Must have to retaliate. Or they will loss face more over Its a huge test for PUTIN leadership who faces lots of popularity crisis among Russians. Think what you will do in PUTIN position? With power you have?

It's very easy to predict. US will back down French will back down Turkey Saudi Qatar will face serious problem for sponsoring terrorism

So the combination of Turkey-Qatar-KSA armed forces are nothing against russia?for conventional front?Russia is also bankrupt,so apart from airstrikes,they can't even deploy soldiers.

stop talking like a fool

Sorry it's not a good idea to bring in off topic. It's more serious than your childish war mongering and hate... SU

and its way more serious for peace of world that you keep your war mongering and outrageous ideas upto you. Its better to preach "justice and respect for law" than to suggest "retaliations" esp when you are at fault.

So the combination of Turkey-Qatar-KSA armed forces are nothing against russia?for conventional front?Russia is also bankrupt,so apart from airstrikes,they can't even deploy soldiers.

stop talking like a fool

nah china is sponsoring them now

Last edited:
Russians have to take very calculated move, if they want to retaliate.

One move they can try is to lure TuAF into Syrian airspace then they can go for shooting spree from sea, ground and air against them.

I doubt it if they will react militarily. I even doubt if the Turks will adopt aggressive posture, i am quite sure the message would have been relayed to the TUAF to avoid any engagement or aggressive posturing. Turkey hasn't gained anything out of this engagement, they are panicking and this is why they are summoning Foreign Envoys to explain their side of the story.

I would actually argue, this was a miscalculation by Turkey. They have given a carte blance to the Russians to increase their deployment, target the ethnic Turkmen Milita with impunity and most importantly they might have just given a new friend to the PKK. Things could have been better if the pilots had survived, but they didn't and this mess will get even more uglier. Turkey has not gained anything out of this encounter, in fact it might have just given the PKK a new buddy.

I doubt it if they will react militarily. I even doubt if the Turks will adopt aggressive posture, i am quite sure the message would have been relayed to the TUAF to avoid any engagement or aggressive posturing. Turkey hasn't gained anything out of this engagement, they are panicking and this is why they are summoning Foreign Envoys to explain their side of the story.

I would actually argue, this was a miscalculation by Turkey. They have given a carte blance to the Russians to increase their deployment, target the ethnic Turkmen Milita with impunity and most importantly they might have just given a new friend to the PKK. Things could have been better if the pilots had survived, but they didn't and this mess will get even more uglier. Turkey has not gained anything out of this encounter, in fact it might have just given the PKK a new buddy.

Absolutely. Behind the scenes, I'm sure Erdogan is getting a lecture from his NATO buddies. It's telling that the story quickly broke that it was the PM Devotglu or what not who made the executive decision.

Not just survival of pilots, but rescue helicopter is destroyed too by rebels, a video was shown by news channel in which TOW missile was used to destroy landed helicopter.

I'm currently going through this whole thread. There have been numerous complaints about the language and rhetoric used. If you have done something wrong, then prepare yourself for a ban.

one thing i am sure about : Russians are no more going for holidays to turkey. What will happen to turkish men there :P

Brother do they even have any options? Now this comes after Russia confirms one pilot dead!!! What US said? Please post their answer. It's really impossible to stop Russian massive retaliation. This is no joke one Russian dead in Syrian air space. That's what Russia claims and to have proof. Russia said jet was 1-2 km away from Turkish skies. So how could anyone not retaliate? Turkey is facing direct war from Russia. Russia won't shy away to use nukes like West. If it goes to that level it's gonna be our end of the world. US won't do a thing. Almost send supports to Turkey and after some huge loss imposed on Turkey and with Ukraine been the sacrificial goat war will come to an end with some new arrangements like lifting sanctions. Am more concerned and not so far from region of imminent conflict.

ok

Obama: Turkey has the right to defend itself and its airspace

By Kevin Liptak, CNN White House Producer

Updated 2:06 PM ET, Tue November 24, 2015

151124124047-obama-hollande-exlarge-169.jpg

• [paste:font size="5"]

Obama, Hollande pledge solidarity to fight ISIS 00:52
Story highlights[/paste:font]

• Hollande has said greater cooperation between the United States and Russia is required in battling ISIS
    • The White House signaled Monday that it already believes U.S. contributions to the anti-ISIS effort are sufficient
Washington (CNN)Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter plane shouldn't lead to further wartime escalation in the region, President Barack Obama insisted at a press conference Tuesday.

But he maintained that Turkey had a right to defend its airspace and charged that Russian air activity near the Turkey-Syria border has contributed to the crisis.

"This points to an ongoing problem with the Russian operations," Obama said. "They are operating very close to a Turkish border, and they are going after moderate opposition that are supported by not only Turkey but a wide range of countries."

Turkey said Tuesday it shot down the Russian plane with a missile strike after repeated warnings to the plane that it had flown over its territory.

Saying he expected to speak with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in the coming days to discuss the incident, Obama urged Russia and Turkey to communicate about the details of the operation in order to decrease the chance of escalation.

The downing of the Russian plane complicated Hollande's visit to the White House, where he pressed Obama for greater global cooperation on battling ISIS, including with Moscow. Obama appeared resistant to forming any new alliances in battling ISIS, saying he'd already convened more than 60 nations in a bid to curb the group's territorial gains in Iraq and Syria.

Hollande has openly called for a greater international effort to push back ISIS, whose killing spree in Paris two weeks ago was the worst terror attack on French soil in more than half a century.

READ: Putin calls plane's downing by Turkey 'stab in the back'

He said Tuesday greater cooperation between the United States and Russia is required in battling ISIS, though persistent U.S. skepticism about Putin's intentions in Syria have until now prevented any significant military coordination between the two countries.

"We want to gather all countries," Hollande said. "We do not want to exclude anyone."

But he also said Russia must pledge to target ISIS terrorists instead of moderate Syrian forces opposed to the government of Bashar al-Assad, a requirement Obama also insisted upon during Tuesday's press conference.

"Russia right now is a coalition of two -- Iran and Russia -- supporting Assad," Obama said.

"Russia's the outlier," he added, noting that strikes against moderate opposition fighters "bolster the Assad regime."

Obama also cited the incident with Turkey as a reason for Russia to turn its focus to fighting only ISIS in Syria, saying that "some of those conflicts or potential for escalation are less likely to occur" if it narrowed its sights.

He said the encounter "underscores the importance of our moving the political track along as quickly as possible" when it comes to resolving the Syrian civil war, which ISIS has exploited to seize territory.

After the press conference, Vice President Joe Biden told reporters gathered in the East Room that he believed "Putin is coming to the realization that Assad should transition out."

Without any major new commitments to announce alongside Hollande, Obama instead touted a new intelligence sharing agreement announced last week that has helped France target ISIS sites in Raqqa, Syria. And hecalled on Europe to do more to stop the flow of foreign fighters, share passenger lists and exchange information across borders.

READ: Obama and Hollande meet: What a différence in U.S.-French relations

Calling ISIS a "scourge" that "must be defeated," Obama said the U.S. stood with France after the brutal massacre in Paris.

"We'll deliver justice to these terrorists and those who sent them," Obama said. ISIS "cannot be tolerated. It must be destroyed. And we must do it together."

Hollande's visit to Washington comes amid a spate of jet-set diplomacy for the French leader. He'll meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday, and German Chancellor Angela Merkel Wednesday. He met in Paris with British Prime Minister David Cameron Monday.

Obama, who returned from a week-long foreign swing on Monday, made clear in the aftermath of the Paris attacks he wasn't considering a change in strategy, saying instead he was planning to intensify the U.S.-led coalition's air campaign in Iraq and Syria.

In his first press conference after the attacks, in Antalya, Turkey, Obama argued testily that alternative plans from Republicans ignored realities on the ground, saying that his own interactions with wounded troops instilled a wariness toward war.

After coming under intense criticism for his response to the attacks, Obama turned up his rhetoric on ISIS Sunday, saying during a press conference in Malaysia that his efforts to stamp out the group would succeed.

But he nonetheless departed Asia insisting the strategy he's utilized against ISIS is working -- and that other options, like sending in ground troops, aren't being considered.

The White House signaled Monday that it already believes U.S. contributions to the anti-ISIS effort are sufficient.

"The United States is certainly pulling more than our own weight when it comes to the contribution behind this coalition," White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said. "That's something that we're glad to do. That is in line with the long tradition of American leadership. It certainly is a tradition that this president believes in."

Obama: Turkey has the right to defend itself - CNNPolitics.com

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom