What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

BREAKING: Erdogan warns Russia "To not play with fire"

CU0c9LbWoAAKMOM.jpg

Its Syrian airspace.. and their aircraft will patrol their border and to do that they have to head towards Turkish border... You think they should head towards the center of earth?

Yep they can fly there but it shouldn't enter to our airspace after 10 warnings... Thats stupid..

Damn.. now some russian ( or chinese, indian, iranian ) will come to threat us with nukes.. they are the "real men" with nukes after all...

We don't threaten anyone with nukes, because we don't have nukes.

Plus, even if we did have nukes and if we did nuke Turkey, where the hell will all our Iranians go for vacation??

We don't threaten anyone with nukes, because we don't have nukes.

No dude some people love to do that with russians' nukes... What they say is like going to bed with someone else's d*ck.

Plus, even if we did have nukes and if we did nuke Turkey, where the hell will all our Iranians go for vacation??

Don't worry you couldn't even if you had..

No dude some people love to do that with russians' nukes... What they say is like going to bed with someone else's d*ck.

Don't worry you couldn't even if you had..

We wouldn't want to. We have no military conflicts with Turkey. There is a lot of political disagreements, but trade & tourism between our countries is good. No Iranian official has ever, even indirectly, talked about picking a fight with Turkey.

Brothers, Let some Chinese and Russian kids talk whatever they want. Russian incapable forces in Syria can't do anything against Turkey militarily except bombing civilians as a response so The keyboard warriors need to discharge their hatred in such platforms. Actually, they also know that They can only nuke their own holes If the subject is a country like Turkiye.

If you pay attention to Russian pilot speeches saved from Turkish strike, He said He is not even aware of radar tracking, radio regulations Turkey applied and missile strike warnings. Their positioning system are also generating false positions. Can you imagine the level of those Ruski forces capabilities against Turkish Forces ? In bombing footages Russian Forces revealed, It is clear that They can't hit ground target preciously. They strike 3-4 times to same target for perfect destruction.

Such an incapable forces in Syria can never pose a serious threat to any NATO forces If you compare their training+fighters capabilities one by one with NATO's fully upgraded systems. If you consider heavy trained TurAF pilots carrying out thousands times of precious strike to Syria+Iraq with %100 success rates, Russian activities in Syria seems a joke to us !

Turkey's Firtina howitzers thanks to Aselsan developed FCS are able to deliver the shells more precision than Russian aircrafts dropping guided bombs !

20120928145203.jpg

Last edited:
Report says Turkey’s anti-DAESH military planning under way
trtworld-nid-11002-fid-37159.jpg
trtworld-nid-11002-fid-37159.jpg

AA
Photo by
Members of Syrian opposition group linked to Damascus Front (Shamiyya Front) launch attacks against Daesh terrorists in Herbal village, north of Aleppo, Syria on October 30, 2015.

Turkish media reports claim Turkey will launch ground force operation in mid-December against DAESH strongholds in northern Syria under closer coordination with US-led coalition forces
Nov 12, 2015 15:32 GMT
Turkish media reports have claimed that Turkey will launch an extensive ground operation against DAESH strongholds in northern Syria in mid-December, under close coordination with the US-led coalition forces in order to establish a “refugee zone” in the region.

Media accounts have said Turkey’s move has particularly been driven by recent DAESH pressure on Marea which is just 20 kilometres (12 miles) away from Turkey’s southern border across its Kilis province.

Syrian Observatory for Human Rights stated in late August that DAESH had taken over several villages including Harjalah in the area between Marea and Azez and “encircled” the opposition-held district of Marea, citing a DAESH announcement.

DAESH is already controlling a zone from Jarablus to Marea along the Turkish border. The group reportedly continued attacking the area between Azaz and Mare, situated in northwestern Syria - controlled by other opposition groups.

trtworld-gallery-fid-37161-trt-world.jpg

The Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga forces have launched an operation to liberate the northern Iraqi town of Sinjar from DAESH terrorists with the support of air strikes carried out by the US-led coalition on Thursday.

The Peshmerga successfully took control of a strategic road that connects Sinjar with Raqqa, DAESH's proclaimed capital in Syria, according to the head of Foreign Relations Hemin Hawrami, at the Kurdistan Democratic Party, led by Kurdistan Regional Government President Massoud Barzani.

Ankara takes into account that DAESH groups - are under pressure in northern Syria from Kurdish YPG militias of the PYD - have currently been pushed by the Peshmerga forces in northern Iraq, reinforced by US-led coalition air strikes, could be stuck in an area around Jarablus.

Therefore, Turkey has been planning to move into this territory with a 10,700-strong military force, including its special forces at a depth of 46 kilometres to secure a “refugee zone” for civilians in the areas between Azaz and Jarablus by clearing DAESH from the region, the reports claimed.

The mentioned military units will stand by at seven different regions in the Kilis province along its Syria border expecting the “go” order, the reports added.

However, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said that "A ground force is something which we have to talk [about] together," in an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Nov. 9, signaling that Turkey will coordinate its ground operation against DAESH with the allies.

"There's a need of an integrated strategy including air campaign and ground troops. But Turkey alone cannot take all this burden. If there is a coalition and a very well designed integrated strategy, Turkey is ready to take part in all senses," he emphasised.

Turkish warplanes hit in late October the DAESH targets which are located in an area around the Harjalah village between Marea and Azez where Turkey and US-led coalition forces have long argued that they are aiming to establish an “ISIS [DAESH]-free zone” following the Incirlik deal between the allies.

Turkey reached a comprehensive agreement with the US government on July 23 to allow its Incirlik Air Base to be used by the US-led coalition forces for air strikes against DAESH, to execute a joint action plan for northern Syrian issues.

Now Turkey, which is hosting the 10th G20 Leaders’ Summit this weekend, will share its “refugee zone” plan with world leaders, aiming to address the growing refugee crisis, according to the media reports.

The proposed refugee zone in northwestern Syria will take over five million refugees for at least ten years, having six grand refugee camps, 11 logistics bases, and 17 safety terminals, according to the Turkish plan.

The country will reportedly seek political and economic support of countries participating in the upcoming G20 summit for the plan.

Syrian refugees escaping the violence in their country fled Syria in large numbers following the escalation of the Syrian Civil War in 2012. One of their most preferred destinations was neighbouring Turkey, which hosts the most Syrian refugees in the world according to registration records of the United Nations.

Turkey is also a transit point for refugees aiming to reach European countries from Syria because of its geography bridging the Middle East and Europe.

Turkey has spent more than $8 billion of its own resources on the refugees whose number in the country has exceeded 2.2 million people.

Source:
TRTWorld and agencies

That can't possibly be true. If the Turks send ground troops, and they actively fight with Daesh, then there will be a blowback towards Ankara. And then they'll also be fighting against the Kurds in Syria, right? Or are they going to ignore Daesh and fight against the Kurds? But then that would mean USA's investments going down the drain, what do the Americans do then?

And what if objectives clash directly with Syrian/Russian/Iranian/Iraqi objectives with the Turks directions? What if ground troops are accidently or "accidently" killed by the former?

Seems like a clusterfuck. I doubt it will be happen. But if you asked me two weeks ago if Turkey would shoot down a Russian plane, I would have said NO, so what the shit do I know?

That can't possibly be true. If the Turks send ground troops, and they actively fight with Daesh, then there will be a blowback towards Ankara. And then they'll also be fighting against the Kurds in Syria, right? Or are they going to ignore Daesh and fight against the Kurds? But then that would mean USA's investments going down the drain, what do the Americans do then?

And what if objectives clash directly with Syrian/Russian/Iranian/Iraqi objectives with the Turks directions? What if ground troops are accidently or "accidently" killed by the former?

Seems like a clusterfuck. I doubt it will be happen. But if you asked me two weeks ago if Turkey would shoot down a Russian plane, I would have said NO, so what the shit do I know?
I also see the possibility as low but if US and Turkey go in there then im pretty sure no Russian,Iranian or Syrian plane or troops will come close to the ground troops.

U.S., Turkey working to finish shutting northern Syria border: Kerry| Reuters

If the subject is about our national interests, No one can frighten Turkish nation. Our national poem starts with "Korkma" means "never afraid". We always feel pure confident to ourselves cause of our ancestors actions against arrogant forces and We know own capabilities, How we will react against anybody who wants some actions. If We keep our silence on some incidents, It is about believing the benefits of friendship, not about inability so Don't push the limits more !

I also see the possibility as low but if US and Turkey go in there then im pretty sure no Russian,Iranian or Syrian plane or troops will come close to the ground troops.

U.S., Turkey working to finish shutting northern Syria border: Kerry| Reuters

But it sounds like it would be weird. Would the Turkish ground troop with the US air force support the Kurds? Or fight them? I don't think Turkish ground troops would be willing to die for the Kurds, and I don't think US air force would help Turks fight the Kurds? So what happens if the objectives clash?

And I'm not saying the Russian/Syrian/Iranian are going to directly attack the Turks, but it would mean possibility of accidental incidents.

But it sounds like it would be weird. Would the Turkish ground troop with the US air force support the Kurds? Or fight them? I don't think Turkish ground troops would be willing to die for the Kurds, and I don't think US air force would help Turks fight the Kurds? So what happens if the objectives clash?

And I'm not saying the Russian/Syrian/Iranian are going to directly attack the Turks, but it would mean possibility of accidental incidents.
It isnt even mentioned that Turks will set a foot on Syria, the talk is about FSA trained by US that get aerial support by US and Turkish jets.

BTW, Turkey will be the first country who is going to store EM pulses of S-400 system to generate a counter electronic attack method thanks to Aselsan developed Koral ED/ET system. Once We captured S-400 sources, Most probably, USA and other NATO forces will also benefit...

CU5U5NqUkAIBZo_.jpg

vs

565738164967832e50e0d88c.jpg

It isnt even mentioned that Turks will set a foot on Syria, the talk is about FSA trained by US that get aerial support by US and Turkish jets.

I was going by your first link which said,
"Turkish media reports have claimed that Turkey will launch an extensive ground operation against DAESH strongholds in northern Syria in mid-December, under close coordination with the US-led coalition forces in order to establish a “refugee zone” in the region"

Thanks to PDF for keeping me informed. I was away on a cruise and away from the world for a week and this crap happened.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom