What's new

Turkey seeks financing from China, says Erdogan

I am glad the Chinese government has done this. I applaud China for its great successes as a result of its humility and work ethic.

I ask all members to not make any blanket statements on Turks, Pakistanis, or Chinese. Countries are more diverse in thought than some random posters online.

China is only interested in providing loans to countries that has harbours, or other convertible assets. I am sure they are willing to finance a canal parallell to the Bosphorus, if they can collect the shipping fees for the next 100-200 years.

That would be possible only if Turkey promised utilization guarantee, like they did with the Japanese with their new Istanbul bridge.

The bridge is said to be badly under-utilized, but the government has given a certain rate of utilization guarantee for some period (30 years ?). By then, the investor will have had recovered their investment and then earn some extra. Then, the government will take over the asset (and then they may re-sell to another interest).

Now, they say the passing fee on that bridge is extremely high and utilization is very low. So, the government pays the constructor huge sums every month. It is, in my opinion, simply bad business mind. But, I guess, what matters is to make the relatives and friends of the president rich. The hefty sums are now being paid from the tax payers' money, regardless they use the bridge or not.

The canal project is an extremely expensive one and I believe its utilization will be much less than the new bridge. I do not even consider now-unknown climatic and geological side effects or the effects on the sea currents and biological life.

I think China gives money and is only interested about the return under international trade rules. How the Turks use it (probably badly) depends on them. China cannot be interested in a "build operate transfer" scheme unless there is no utilization and profit guarantee.

Last edited:
Turkey does do a lot of bad things to China, but there is no permanent enemy, only eternal interests
People should see things dynamically in the long term

I am glad the Chinese government has done this. I applaud China for its great successes as a result of its humility and work ethic.

I ask all members to not make any blanket statements on Turks, Pakistanis, or Chinese. Countries are more diverse in thought than some random posters online.

Thank you my Pakistani friends, I also apologize for some racist chinese PDF here, Pakistani are our friends. We may have our differences, but that's arguments within families.

It's trolling and many are doing it. I'll ask only once.
Thanks.

An insecure Turkish person calling all Chinese here boys and all Chinese people as rats. Too rich. Expect some Chinese chauvinists and nationalists to respond. Chinese never start calling others rats and such. Only small minded useless bacteria need to resort to this. The troll here is the butthurt person who feels the need to talk down to others. There has always existed bad blood between Chinese and Turks unfortunately. That's history and won't go away anytime soon. We can all treat each other with respect but calling one group rats is not respect is it? Can you imagine the uproar if a Chinese member called all Turks rats or Pakistani or whoever? Yes exactly. Chinese members have been very decent already so maybe focus moderation on the real source of problem.

BTW as a northern Chinese person I stand at 1.87m and my Turkish friends from uni are under 1.7m. Height differs between individuals. How insecure and pathetic does a person need to be to bring height into this discussion is sad. Maybe in a few centuries, Turkey will regain their former might and glory but today isn't the day for big words.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom